Stewart Donald

Have they anymore parachute payments? I read somewhere that parachute payments from the premiership cease this season
SAFC will get £15m next season regardless of what league they are in, £92m in total for 3 years.

Are they not using the parachute payments to pay Short off?

Technically, SD is paying for the club in installments over a 2 year period. This credit is secured against the club’s parachute payments - which just happens to equal the sale price of the club.

Whether SD is taking the money from the club to pay Short or is paying directly from his pocket remains to be seen...

It was announced shortly after they took over the club that there were various hidden debts which Short had failed to clear or mention. So all was not roses earlier in the season. Saying that their attendances are well up and they have rid themselves of a lot of deadwood.. Good cup runs and aren’t they in the tin pot final ?. However the running costs must be pretty huge for a division one club.

i think the parachute payments are being used to pay off SBC that way the FL gave their approval to sanction the takeover.
Short write his debt off but there were other debts.
I can’t find the link that was after the bbc report.

It was announced shortly after they took over the club that there were various hidden debts which Short had failed to clear or mention. So all was not roses earlier in the season. Saying that their attendances are well up and they have rid themselves of a lot of deadwood.. Good cup runs and aren’t they in the tin pot final ?. However the running costs must be pretty huge for a division one club.

I'm sure the £40million parachute payment will help.

Mackams going to Wembley...will the shaun harvey trophy final have an affect their aim for promotion?

Mackams going to Wembley...will the shaun harvey trophy final have an affect their aim for promotion?
It’s probably the final the FA wanted, wouldn’t put it past them to fix the draw so that Pompey and the Mackems were kept apart.

Yes a bit better than having Bury in the final from the FAs perspective.
Could sell out Wembley?

All depends on how many fans who have boycotted all the games but go to Wembley. I know there are quite a lot of Pompey fans who are saying that they will not be going but at the end of the day most will just like us.
I still think it will be a sell out and it will be nice and quiet for me here on the south coast because everyone will be at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom