Stewart Donald anyone.....

Hopefully he will come in as CEO - with everybody’s backing

I doubt Charles would get the whole backing of the supporters. In fact I know quite a few who wouldn't want him involved in the running of the club at all. I also wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. The amount of lies he tells isn't a good trait to have as a CEO.

Tiger would want a large chuck of his (and others?) money back. They paid more than SD/Satori was willing to pay, have put money into the training ground/under 23's and had all the costs of the arbitration. So, even if cutting his losses a little he would still want a lot more than SD and friends originally valued the club at. He also has the likes of Erick and others who could finance the club with their loose change if he desperately wanted to sell up (and maybe this is on the cards?).

Meanwhile, SD had already said that without the stadium issue being resolved, the club is not as financially viable as he'd like. The Water Eaton project is dead and Kassam is not playing nicely to offer improved lease agreements. Also, SD jumped in heavy with Sunderland. He has put in a large chunk of his own money, plus the parachute payments and extra help from Satori, and Charlie's piggy bank. If Sunderland don't go up this season, and it's 50/50 at best, then he is likely to have to find a lot more money pretty soon. The operating costs are huge, and far out weigh the revenue generated by ticket sales, as huge as they are. If he sells up whilst still in league 1, he'll likely break even at best. Another year or two, and he could lose most of what he's put in. So, the chances of him returning with bags of gold are looking slimmer each day.

So, as nice as it may seem to have the prospect of SD and the Chino Kid return, I'm not sure it will happen anytime soon.

I doubt Charles would get the whole backing of the supporters. In fact I know quite a few who wouldn't want him involved in the running of the club at all. I also wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. The amount of lies he tells isn't a good trait to have as a CEO.

Think of the money we could save if he, washes the kit, runs the line and sorts the academy again

Tiger would want a large chuck of his (and others?) money back. They paid more than SD/Satori was willing to pay, have put money into the training ground/under 23's and had all the costs of the arbitration. So, even if cutting his losses a little he would still want a lot more than SD and friends originally valued the club at. He also has the likes of Erick and others who could finance the club with their loose change if he desperately wanted to sell up (and maybe this is on the cards?).

Meanwhile, SD had already said that without the stadium issue being resolved, the club is not as financially viable as he'd like. The Water Eaton project is dead and Kassam is not playing nicely to offer improved lease agreements. Also, SD jumped in heavy with Sunderland. He has put in a large chunk of his own money, plus the parachute payments and extra help from Satori, and Charlie's piggy bank. If Sunderland don't go up this season, and it's 50/50 at best, then he is likely to have to find a lot more money pretty soon. The operating costs are huge, and far out weigh the revenue generated by ticket sales, as huge as they are. If he sells up whilst still in league 1, he'll likely break even at best. Another year or two, and he could lose most of what he's put in. So, the chances of him returning with bags of gold are looking slimmer each day.

So, as nice as it may seem to have the prospect of SD and the Chino Kid return, I'm not sure it will happen anytime soon.
Tiger can want as much back as he wants.
But the value is only what somebody is prepared to pay for it and on that count I think that SD was right. Tiger wont get his money back.
The only change to that would be if the ground issue is resolved.
If a new ground became possible (presumably funded by surrounding leisure facilities) then Tiger presumably would want to keep the club to completion.
So I do agree that if is very unlikely that SD would be involved for a while (and SD really cashes in when Sunderland are in the Championship with genuine aspirations to the PL.

I believe Tiger has seen the responsibility of running a club properly and will take some money and run, and couldn’t be in better hands than Donald & Methven

A point that is totally irrelevant if there is a development if a property deal is in sight.

Will you boys get promotion and be able to cash out?

I'm unsure if I have missed something here? As far as I am aware, SD has said that he isn't looking to sell Sunderland - has that changed and I've missed it?

I don’t think you’ve missed out on anything. A thread of pure speculation.

Regarding the point about Charlie alienating swathes of the support, I doubt it. He did that on this forum but we must remember that we’re but a tiny and over-involved fraction of the support. The average 10-games-a-season punter doesn’t know who Charlie is.

Seriously??
Although he maybe a good manager there was no way he could say after he told us to forget our history, or did you forget that?

He could have expressed himself better, but the only point he was making was that history doesn't matter when you've got to get out of the s**t you find yourself in. "Rah rah rah, we won the Milk Cup in 1986" doesn't count for much if you can't get out of the Conference. In no way was he disrespectful of the club and its history, but a load of fans never forgave him for what, in fact, was a sensible comment, poorly expressed.

Maybe he was speaking 'of the moment?

I don't know,obvs, but it was one of a tiny minority of club's where a good old sort-out and a promotion would have yielded a decent quick return? Past tense may be inappropriate.

I'm unsure if I have missed something here? As far as I am aware, SD has said that he isn't looking to sell Sunderland - has that changed and I've missed it?
If there is a particularly good offer SD would accept it even if it isn't for sale.
In reality that kind of offer is far more likely to come when in the Championship.

hmm, Sunderland company charges satisfied in full being filed today - which means presumably that Ellis Short has now been repaid? But this was going to be covered by the parachute payments. So presumably money has come in from elsewhere to repay him?
or is it just the parachute money arriving to full repay the £25M owed?

Last edited:
Alan Nixon tweeting several parties getting closer to agreeing a deal with SD.

Back
Top Bottom