Stewart Donald anyone.....

Alan Nixon tweeting several parties getting closer to agreeing a deal with SD.
Can you please post a screenshot(s) - I'm at work and would like to see but I cant get on Twitter. Cheers mate

Possibly, but don't under-estimate the influence of this forum over the wider OUFC support. There may be only 200-300 regular contributors on here, but those contributors talk to / watch matches with a far larger number of non-posters and the issues that appear important on here (e.g. Charlie) do get discussed.

I only get to a few away games now, but at Rochdale was chatting to a well-known 'every game' Oxford fan. He never posts on here but reads every day and knows exactly what's discussed, from Brexit to Stewart Donald to Thai elections.

This forum is 'known' amongst the wider OUFC support, and I suspect there are a lot of non-member readers who have a good understanding of what's going on.

This forum, much as we love it, is not the judge and jury of the support (thank goodness)

Not all of the 200-300 have let their feelings be hurt by Charlie - in fact most cant agree with each other about most things

People who read but arent members wouldnt have been alienated

This forum, much as we love it, is not the judge and jury of the support (thank goodness)

Not all of the 200-300 have let their feelings be hurt by Charlie - in fact most cant agree with each other about most things

People who read but arent members wouldnt have been alienated
Don't underestimate the laziness of the Oxford Mail.

I bet they could run four or five stories about Charlies posting on here to sell some papers if he became MD.

Don't underestimate the laziness of the Oxford Mail.

I bet they could run four or five stories about Charlies posting on here to sell some papers if he became MD.
They could probably run four or five stories on Methanes dress sense ????????

Seems that the club has been purchased from SD's own pocket (or those of the shareholders) rather than the parachute payments as suggested by some...
It wasn't a suggestion by anyone on here, it was an admission by SD himself in a radio interview on 5 Live.
In it he praised Ellis Short for facilitating the takeover by allowing the £40m to be paid in instalments coinciding with the parachute payments.
They have already received £34m parachute payment for this season and are shortly due the final £15m for next season.
So if it's been paid off early, the most it has cost the shareholders is a few months interest on a bridging loan.

It wasn't a suggestion by anyone on here, it was an admission by SD himself in a radio interview on 5 Live.
In it he praised Ellis Short for facilitating the takeover by allowing the £40m to be paid in instalments coinciding with the parachute payments.

Sure I read SD suggest the parachute payments were a security against any default in installments rather than funding the purchase itself... Perhaps we're splitting hairs.

Regardless, seems to be some personal beef between Stew and this tabloid hack as it's not the first time he's issued a denial in response to takeover speculation.

Regardless, seems to be some personal beef between Stew and this tabloid hack as it's not the first time he's issued a denial in response to takeover speculation.
Reading between the lines, it seems SD is in talks with potential further investors, maybe in return for a minority stake, and Nixon is assuming it's about a full blown takeover - makes better headlines.

I disagree. I've never suggested this forum is judge, jury or sole arbiter of opinion around OUFC.

My point was that what's discussed on this forum is followed by a far wider audience than just the regular posters. Those followers form their own opinions on the topics discussed. In the case of Charlie, I dare say some don't care, but others will be aware of how he conducted himself on here and won't welcome him in the OUFC board room, or any position of authority.

Reckon I've been sparring with Charlie on these forums, and their predecessors, for about 15 years now.

He's arrogant, pompous and condescending.
But he's also knowledgeable, ambitious and realistic - the guy understands the constraints and structural challenges that the club currently faces, but believes if they can get out from under the yoke of Kassam, it's not impossible to imagine Oxford following the leads of clubs like Brighton and growing substantially. And has some reasonable ideas about how you do that.
And, even more importantly, he does care about the club.

I'd feel much safer with him and Stuart Donald in charge than I do with Tiger (who is still, for the most part, a big question mark) - even if he has been rude and insulting more than once to me on these boards...….

Reckon I've been sparring with Charlie on these forums, and their predecessors, for about 15 years now.

He's arrogant, pompous and condescending.
But he's also knowledgeable, ambitious and realistic - the guy understands the constraints and structural challenges that the club currently faces, but believes if they can get out from under the yoke of Kassam, it's not impossible to imagine Oxford following the leads of clubs like Brighton and growing substantially. And has some reasonable ideas about how you do that.
And, even more importantly, he does care about the club.

I'd feel much safer with him and Stuart Donald in charge than I do with Tiger (who is still, for the most part, a big question mark) - even if he has been rude and insulting more than once to me on these boards...….

But he Charlie actes like a spoilt kid when SD lost out to DE.

I don't know where you chaps get off labelling Charles "arrogant, pompous and condescending".

Here he is, pictured with genuine working class northern folk (former miners FFS!) and everyone's cool.

Great work Charlie, just don't mention your admiration for the Iron Lady...

I don't know where you chaps get off labelling Charles "arrogant, pompous and condescending".

Here he is, pictured with genuine working class northern folk (former miners FFS!) and everyone's cool.

Great work Charlie, just don't mention your admiration for the Iron Lady...

View attachment 1370

Doubt if he would do that down here

Even if he is interested in selling Sunderland, he would presumably get more if they are a Championship club, so sensibly you wouldn't consider selling until then. Of course, I'd want him here, but I'm not convinced it will happen, in the next few years anyway.

Back
Top Bottom