Squad next year

Not sure where to post this but as includes professionals contracted to us for next season I thought here was as good as any.. Went to see the U18s in their southern area final at Grenoble Rd this morning and was thoroughly entertained. A great game of football full of skill, played in the right way with the right spirit. I’m embarrassed to admit to not knowing who all the players are but was impressed with all of them. Goal keeper looks good. Noel-Williams is an absolute beast up front, scored and won lots of headers. The midfield was tidy and showed some good touches. No.17 on the left wing looked good. No.8 played some great set-pieces and the No. 18 was tidy, always available and never gave the ball away. The left back (no. 3) also impressed me. We went 2:0 up, before a very good Luton team got it back to 2:2 and so in to pens. 5 were taken by both sides with one apiece being missed before sudden death. They scored their 7th but alas one of the best players on the pitch- capt Berry-Hargreaves missed for us. My dad came along and said he has a little of the late great Maurice Kyle about him, massively high praise indeed! They can all hold their heads high, it was a very entertaining game of football. The future looks bright.

Not sure where to post this but as includes professionals contracted to us for next season I thought here was as good as any.. Went to see the U18s in their southern area final at Grenoble Rd this morning and was thoroughly entertained. A great game of football full of skill, played in the right way with the right spirit. I’m embarrassed to admit to not knowing who all the players are but was impressed with all of them. Goal keeper looks good. Noel-Williams is an absolute beast up front, scored and won lots of headers. The midfield was tidy and showed some good touches. No.17 on the left wing looked good. No.8 played some great set-pieces and the No. 18 was tidy, always available and never gave the ball away. The left back (no. 3) also impressed me. We went 2:0 up, before a very good Luton team got it back to 2:2 and so in to pens. 5 were taken by both sides with one apiece being missed before sudden death. They scored their 7th but alas one of the best players on the pitch- capt Berry-Hargreaves missed for us. My dad came along and said he has a little of the late great Maurice Kyle about him, massively high praise indeed! They can all hold their heads high, it was a very entertaining game of football. The future looks bright.

Good stuff. Was Robinson there?

Good stuff. Was Robinson there?
I’d really hope so. Could’ve been but didn’t see him. I saw Canice Carroll there when leaving so wondered if there was some coordinated effort to get the first team along or if he just fancied going along to watch.

I'm sure that he said he would be there in his post match interview yesterday.

If Noel-Williams is anything like his father (Gifton Noel-Williams) , football wise, then we have ourselves a player!

I wonder how far away Noel-Williams is from the first team squad?

If Noel-Williams is anything like his father (Gifton Noel-Williams) , football wise, then we have ourselves a player!

It looked like Dejon had a lot of his family there. They looked like a fun bunch of people and were having a great time. Pretty sure Gifton was there.

Have to add that an attacking player came on called Kyran Lofthouse who also looked like he had something special about him. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops, I hope we see a lot more of him. Strangely though, he came on as a sub and was then subbed off in the 90th minute just before the pens. Not sure what all that was about unless he got a knock..?

Have to add that an attacking player came on called Kyran Lofthouse who also looked like he had something special about him. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops, I hope we see a lot more of him. Strangely though, he came on as a sub and was then subbed off in the 90th minute just before the pens. Not sure what all that was about unless he got a knock..?
And the lad that replaced him missed his penalty! Excellent game though.

I think we can do better than Kane. Also, would like to see Brannagan further forward...
Kane was excellent second half yesterday when he was given the freedom to get into the final third. Reminiscent of Baldock, I thought. Brannigan and Rothwell pushed on as well which meant we then played a higher line at pace. We’ve got the players. Just needs KR to finesse the way they play.

Have to add that an attacking player came on called Kyran Lofthouse who also looked like he had something special about him. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops, I hope we see a lot more of him.

Let's just hope he inherited the genes of his Great Uncle Nat.

Ledson, Rothwell to be persuaded to stay. Keep Nelson, Henry, Eastwood and Brannagan. The rest can ship out...including Hall. Complete root and branch. Shrewsbury did it, so why not us? Looking forward to close season "movements".

Ledson, Rothwell to be persuaded to stay. Keep Nelson, Henry, Eastwood and Brannagan. The rest can ship out...including Hall. Complete root and branch. Shrewsbury did it, so why not us? Looking forward to close season "movements".
Shrewsbury did do it but they are now a team full of loanees. 8 loan players, The core of there side is loan players. GK LB CM AM ST all loanees.

Shrewsbury did do it but they are now a team full of loanees. 8 loan players, The core of there side is loan players. GK LB CM AM ST all loanees.

That’s right and they do it every season

There’s a few more than that.

(If they are up to it)

Eastwood
(Stevens)

Dickie
Nelson
Raglan
(Kelleher)
Carroll
(Long)

Ledson
Branagan
Ruffels
Napa
Rothwell
Hall

(Obika)

That would be 15 so at least another 10 to add. And also dependant on how the coaching staff think long and obika can be managed long term for injuries. And if Kelleher and Stevens are good enough.

We will also have youth like Noel- Williams pushing to be part of the squad. And players like Carroll and ruffels that can cover several positions

So I’d guess urgently required

1 rb
2 lb
1 cb
3 wingers
3 forwards

So I’d guess urgently required

1 rb
2 lb
1 cb
3 wingers
3 forwards

Some cheap options:

RB - Todd Kane (Chelsea, don't know how much he'd be, but hopefully not much)
LB - Greg Leigh (Bury, free) + Nathan Ralph (Woking, free)
CB - Jake Wright (Sheff Utd, free)
Winger - Jordan Graham (Wolves, free)
ST - Lyle Taylor (AFC Wimbledon, free), Eion Doyle (Preston, free), Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (QPR, free)

Would also enquire about Roofe, seems to be out of favour at Leeds, about a loan if not a permanent. Erhun Oztumer (Walsall) and Ahmed Kashi (Charlton) are two quality CMs (attacking + defensive respectively) who are both out of contract as well.

Back
Top Bottom