Squad next year

He's only 18. He needs 1-2 years more time to develop.

Exactly what happened with Callum O'Dowda. 1st season easily knocked off the ball, but then he strengthed meaning he knocked defenders off the ball as much.

Agree with most of the comments on here-I think we all agree on the majority of players on here. My twopence
1. Most importantly what about these good youngsters we have. Noel Williams?? The captain of the u18 is being watched by clubs above us in the league pyramid. Surely these lads should be included in any plans
2. Depends what league we're in!! Praying for win Saturday
3. Wolves season ticket holder at work reckons Jordan Graham will be released at end of season when there promotion to premiership is confirmed. Good free signing!!

Raw talent ...a big unit of a lad, can head and win the ball in the air, holds the ball up well AND can certainly play a bit with the ball at his feet.... hope KR has an eye on him

Raw talent ...a big unit of a lad, can head and win the ball in the air, holds the ball up well AND can certainly play a bit with the ball at his feet.... hope KR has an eye on him
We do indeed hope that we can keep him. The academy/under 23 set up will hopefully benefit the club on the pitch before the vultures start circling.

Who do people think are the 5 Robinson has Told have 0 future here?

Reckon
Tiendalli
Mehmeti
Long
Ashby
Shearer

Reckon? I've not come across him before, so he won't be missed.

Not retaining Shearer? Does this mean signing someone better than Eastwood, or fast-tracking the unproven and raw Stevens?

Tiendalli
Mehmeti
Pekalski
Martin
Ashby

Those would be my guesses, unless he included any loan signings in those chats.

Tiendalli, Mehmeti, Williamson, Raglan & Martin are clearly on their way - that's your 5. Mowatt & GvK unlikely to be retained. Pękalski and Obika's stays at Oxford could end and there's a question mark against Thomas.

Ashby and Roberts both may leave in squad cutting - though they are still young and developing.

Kelleher's future is interesting... I expect him to remain.

Hemmings... Would he be someone KR wants?

The two Man City guys will not be asked back.

That's 14 listed under "out" and has barely touched the first team. Pretty easy to have a smaller squad next season.

I'd also thank Baptiste for his loyalty and commitment, but at 117 years of age, I don't think he's a young prospect anymore. At least his legs are too old to go anywhere without him.

1524336830239.png

Tiendalli, Mehmeti, Williamson, Raglan & Martin are clearly on their way - that's your 5. Mowatt & GvK unlikely to be retained. Pękalski and Obika's stays at Oxford could end and there's a question mark against Thomas.

Ashby and Roberts both may leave in squad cutting - though they are still young and developing.

Kelleher's future is interesting... I expect him to remain.

Hemmings... Would he be someone KR wants?

The two Man City guys will not be asked back.

That's 14 listed under "out" and has barely touched the first team. Pretty easy to have a smaller squad next season.

I'd also thank Baptiste for his loyalty and commitment, but at 117 years of age, I don't think he's a young prospect anymore. At least his legs are too old to go anywhere without him.

View attachment 445

Haha.

Well spotted on Baptiste.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Not retaining Shearer? Does this mean signing someone better than Eastwood, or fast-tracking the unproven and raw Stevens?
Can't see him staying. He's same age as Robinson now. I reckon Robinson may look to promote Stevens to back up.

I think Robinson will be ruthless, more so than I originally thought after hearing his comments regarding squad size. Clearly a lot of the players we have aren’t good enough to achieve the clubs stated aim of promotion, so if that’s what we want we have to back his decisions, whatever they may be. It’ll certainly be interesting to see who he considers good enough and what areas he feel we can do better.

I would personally keep:

GK:
Eastwood, Stevens.
Def:
Nelson, Dickie, Silva, Mousinho, Carroll.
Mid:
Napa, Ledson, Brannagan, Hall, Ruffels, Rothwell.
For:
Henry.

Maybe: Raglan as a squad player. Hemmings might be worth another look.

Kane is the only loanee I would attempt to sign permanently.

I tried to use the mentality of if you’re unsure, they probably aren’t good enough. With a smaller squad we need players who we can rely on, both in terms of fitness and performances, so with that in mind I wouldn’t keep players like Thomas or Obika. I don’t expect Robinson to be sentimental, so players like Long, Ashby and Roberts might be on their way. Wouldn’t surprise me anyway. Mehmeti etc obviously aren’t good enough.

Haven’t really seen players like Pekalski, Kelleher, Agboola or Baptiste, so can’t comment either way.

I have a feeling we’ll hang on to Thomas. When he’s fit he works really hard, and if he fits into KR’s shape (whatever that is) next year, he could work. Obika though, nah thanks.

Id like to keep Thomas but he doesn’t really fit at the moment, he needs crosses to snap up. Who knows what what KRs preferred style is though?

I agree he works hard and wouldn't mind if Thomas stayed, but baring in mind he's 31, not entirely reliable fitness wise and only scored more than 10 goals in a season 3 times in his career, I do think we can do better. No disrespect to the player intended. He's out of contract in the summer, correct? So maybe it'll depend on what terms he's expecting. Like I said though, I trust Robinson to make these decisions. He knows what he wants going forward and which players are likely to help him achieve that.

Back
Top Bottom