Squad next year

Errmmmm......no he didn't.

Unless of course you dragged the elder version back through a worm hole to score on Saturday?
Hang on a minute.....a celebrated scientist leaves us then all of a sudden Bazzer masters quantum physics and starts transporting Oxford players through the space-time continuum?
You are Steven Hawkins and I claim my fiver!

Surely Faz would not risk Curtis this campaign. We are sitting on a jewel. He will move on, lets maximise the fee. Do we have a 1 year option?

I agree about Henry and he has to Start on the right, if Mousinho does stay then has to be back up to Nelson and Dickie ( now that’s a partnership I want to see working ). I would lose the forwards or maybe keep Wes if not enough replacement forwards, have to try and keep Lego, Rothwell obviously Brannagan and keep Ruffs as well but whoever comes in as gaffer I hope they already have targets.

The only issue with a Dickie and Nelson partnership is who plays on the left. Nelson is not as effective there and I don't know if Dickie can play there.

• React
Reactions: Ian
The only issue with a Dickie and Nelson partnership is who plays on the left. Nelson is not as effective there and I don't know if Dickie can play there.
I would be a little surprised if Nelson is here next season.

Invoking the additional still means that the best chance of getting decent money is if we sell him in the summer.

I would be a little surprised if Nelson is here next season.

Invoking the additional still means that the best chance of getting decent money is if we sell him in the summer.

Put yourself in his position - it depends who we get in as gaffer and the intent shown by the board for the upcoming summer transfer window.

The one positive of Nelson's injury is he's not in the shop window

Put yourself in his position - it depends who we get in as gaffer and the intent shown by the board for the upcoming summer transfer window.

The one positive of Nelson's injury is he's not in the shop window
Also, doesn’t DE get any future money from any Nelson deal, if he does, I’d play him, we’ve got nothing to loose.

We're in quite a strong position to rotate the squad next season, with a few of the higher earners reaching the end of their current deals. From the current crop the following expire at the end of this season:

First Team
Scott Shearer: Keeper RELEASE
Dwight Tiendalli: Right-Back RELEASE
Ricardinho: Left-Back ACTIVE 1 YEAR-OPTION
Mike Williamson: Centre-Back RELEASE
Curtis Nelson: Centre-Back PRIORITY TO EXTEND
Aaron Martin: Centre-Back RELEASE
Joe Rothwell: Central Midfield PRIORITY TO EXTEND
Rob Hall: Right Wing PRIORITY TO EXTEND
Wes Thomas: Centre-Forward RELEASE
Agon Mehmeti: Centre-Forward RELEASE

Loans
Todd Kane: Right-Back CONTRACTED TO CFC UNTIL 2019; LOOK TO SIGN
Gino van Kessel: Right Wing RELEASE
Alex Mowatt: Central Midfield RELEASE
Isaac Buckley-Ricketts: Right Wing
Ashley Smith-Brown: Left-Back

Youth
Probably the end of the road for Long, Ashby and Roberts

All being well, this would leave us the following squad:

GK
Simon Eastwood
Jack Stevens
Manny Agboola

FULL BACKS
Todd Kane
Ricardinho
Canice Carroll

CENTRE BACKS
Curtis Nelson
Rob Dickie
John Mousinho
Charlie Raglan
Fiacre Kelleher (no idea about this guy)

CENTRE MIDS
Ryan Ledson
Josh Ruffels
Ivo Pekalski
Cameron Brannagan
Joe Rothwell
Shandon Baptiste

ATTACKING MIDFIELD/WINGERS
James Henry
Rob Hall
Malachi Napa

STRIKERS
Jon Obika
Kane Hemmings

So we'll need RB, LB, RW, LW and 2x ST as a minimum even if we sign Kane and retain the key players.
Nobody would sign Kane as he still is our player and expect him to stay at Mfield or similar..the forward line clearly needs strengthening but having an invigorated midfield has helped and Curtis back will be a bonus

Also, doesn’t DE get any future money from any Nelson deal, if he does, I’d play him, we’ve got nothing to loose.
Not quite from my understanding.
I believe that some of the monies due to DE are secured on tranafer fees receivable.
So that should be through monies duebin from Marvin, Lunny etc.
That doesnt mean that we let all players contracts run down to avoid paying money to DE!
Ledson and Nelson will be in the last year of their contract and the club will cash in as best they can. So to keep them I reckon they need to sign new contracts.

Rumours on twitter from Exeter fans that we have signed a pre agreement for their captain Jordan Moore-Taylor . Left footed centre back

• React
Reactions: Ian
Rumours on twitter from Exeter fans that we have signed a pre agreement for their captain Jordan Moore-Taylor . Left footed centre back
But the new manager may not want him, but then again we probably will get him in the summer as we won’t have a flaming manager

But of a random place to post this.. who’s the tall guy at the back with the beard..?

83C825F4-95A9-4904-BC0A-423DAD31A493.jpeg

Also a bit of a shame to see Mowatt almost hiding at the back. I was livid with him at the time, but in hindsight I agree he was provoked beyond almost anybody’s limits and he went up a huge amount in my estimations by coming out to speak to the media after the game, that showed real bottle. I hope he and all of us can learn from it and move on. I posted my anger about the incident at the time on here so it shows we can all do things we regret in the heat of the moment..

Can we get rid of every one of Pep's signings?
Even Ricardinho who is the best of an awful bunch.
And also Hemmings and Mowatt.
Then I will be happy ish for starters

Back
Top Bottom