Non-League Southend: When Will The Agony End ?

As is standard practice at Southend for Ron Martin, he is using HMRC as a loan facility and they are back under a transfer embargo just in time for the January window. Also, apparently some months players haven't been paid in full (but the difference made up later). The usual problems are ongoing.

Also, Ron Martin has a court case for fraud which will be heard in January 2023. Some details below:

I remember United losing a Cup match 3-0 some years ago at Roots Hall. Completely outclassed and lucky to keep it at 3-0. Times change quite quickly.. There might soon be 3 divisions separating us.

I remember United losing a Cup match 3-0 some years ago at Roots Hall. Completely outclassed and lucky to keep it at 3-0. Times change quite quickly.. There might soon be 3 divisions separating us.
I will never forget the game in what is now The Championship when Ricky Otto ripped us to shreds at their place. 4-0 at half-time, 6-1 at the end. Quite a large Oxford following there to witness it as well.

I was there for a 6-0 or maybe 6-1 drubbing. The next day I was having a Sunday lunchtime pint in my local and who should walk in but Malcolm Crosby, assistant to Dennis Smith at the time. Plucking up courage I gave him a few thoughts on the game, his reaction was to ask if I was at the game? It took the wind out of his sails when I said I was.
How circumstances change in football
I believe this was the game SteMerritt is refering to above so maybe 5-1

I was there for a 6-0 or maybe 6-1 drubbing. The next day I was having a Sunday lunchtime pint in my local and who should walk in but Malcolm Crosby, assistant to Dennis Smith at the time. Plucking up courage I gave him a few thoughts on the game, his reaction was to ask if I was at the game? It took the wind out of his sails when I said I was.
How circumstances change in football
6-1 it was, October 93' - August '96 we beat them 5-0 at home.

Nope, typo on my part, was 6-1. In a complete contrast to that disaster, we were away to Forest the following midweek and managed to grind out a 0-0, biggest contrast in 4 days I can remember seeing.

I’m sure we lost to Yeovil 6-1 away and then Southend 4-0 away in consecutive games… I was at both and remember thinking that football probably wasn’t for me [emoji1787]

I’m sure we lost to Yeovil 6-1 away and then Southend 4-0 away in consecutive games… I was at both and remember thinking that football probably wasn’t for me [emoji1787]
We were a truly terrible that day at Yeovil (Leo Roget, Terry Parker, Julian Alsop, Rob Wolleaston, etc) - another depressing long drive. Odd things that you remember - Jamie Hand played for us on loan from Watford. He was as bad as the rest.

Should have tried living there when they regularly spanked us.

I`m currently sending lots of texts to Sarfend supporting mates. :) :) :ROFLMAO:

Southend have real hard core support. Tested at the moment admittedly. Average gates from the past supports that theory. With a new ground and a "fair wind" they will be back. Always a good away day. Looking forward to a further visit.

We were a truly terrible that day at Yeovil (Leo Roget, Terry Parker, Julian Alsop, Rob Wolleaston, etc) - another depressing long drive. Odd things that you remember - Jamie Hand played for us on loan from Watford. He was as bad as the rest.

***Shudders seeing those players listed***

Nope, typo on my part, was 6-1. In a complete contrast to that disaster, we were away to Forest the following midweek and managed to grind out a 0-0, biggest contrast in 4 days I can remember seeing.

I got into a big argument with another Oxford fan at that game after I let the players know of my disappointment at their performance at a set piece and he took offence at my telling the players such. :LOL:

Didn’t David Penney get into an argument with fans at the of the game?
I got into a big argument with another Oxford fan at that game after I let the players know of my disappointment at their performance at a set piece and he took offence at my telling the players such. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom