League Two Southend and Grimsby

Marked Ox

God like member
Desperately trying to avoid relegation by saying there should be no relegation as the NL Premier has no relegation with the leagues below stopped.

They can both do one as it will give the PL ideas etc. Once the crying stops It is their turn to go down the u-bend.

Last edited:
Desperately trying to avoid relegation by saying there should be no relegation as the NL Premier has no relegation with the leagues below stopped.

They can both do one as it will give the PL ideas etc. Once the crying stops It is their turn to go down the u-bend.

Yeah that’s spurious. I’m sad they went down though as Southend are a boyhood club and I have a friend who supports Grimsby. They’ll be back I’m sure.

Are they both planning, or are worried about, dropping through the Conference then? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Laughable!

FA should just tell them that if they don't want to go into the NL then the Southern and Northern premier leagues are waiting for their call....

At the end of the day they were the worst teams in the football league except scum so they either play next season in the national league or start from the bottom of the pyramid

Sorry to both, but it’s a baseless claim.

The NL is promoting two clubs because they continued playing. Yes, they aren’t relegating any sides this year but that’s no excuse for what occurs in the division above.

It hurts but the punishment is relegation.

Even Grimsby fans are saying they deserve to go down and it’s slightly embarrassing the clubs are even talking about this.
I’m happy to see Southend go down. For years they have been poorly managed off the pitch and tried to bend various rules.

They should have won a few more games then Barrow might have dropped instead

Ironic that Grimsby are drawing ESL comparisons on this thread, as I remember they had a promotion during that period where 'Big Six' team fans could swap their shirts for a Grimsby 20/21 home strip...

Ironic that Grimsby are drawing ESL comparisons on this thread, as I remember they had a promotion during that period where 'Big Six' team fans could swap their shirts for a Grimsby 20/21 home strip...
True but the fact they are now seeking to overturn a very genuine relegation rather suggests they will do what suits them. Pathetic attempt from both clubs. Presumably it would be the NL champions and play-off winners who wouldn't get promotion as a result - the parallels with the ESL principles are clear to see.

Perhaps OUFC should offer Grimsby and Southend fans an OUFC shirt in a swap for one of their clubs shirts?

I can't even begin to see the logic in their argument - football stopped this year below Tier 5.....so therefore the authorities should just ignore the results in Tier 5 as well, because.....well because it would be really helpful for us if you did?

On a related note, have the Conference decided how they're going to deal with promotion into the National League? I know they're not relegating anyone, but they still have Macclesfield and Dover's spots to fill. Or are they going to play next season with a 22 team league?

I can't even begin to see the logic in their argument - football stopped this year below Tier 5.....so therefore the authorities should just ignore the results in Tier 5 as well, because.....well because it would be really helpful for us if you did?

On a related note, have the Conference decided how they're going to deal with promotion into the National League? I know they're not relegating anyone, but they still have Macclesfield and Dover's spots to fill. Or are they going to play next season with a 22 team league?

Dover aren't being relegated and have got a 12 point deduction instead. The NL will run with 23 teams again.

Maybe Glasgow Rangers are coming doon...!!

Back
Top Bottom