National News Sir Keir Starmer

How is that "fully costed solution to energy prices" going for SKS & Co?

Only a short term solution too, so as KS likes to call these things, it’s just a sticking plaster.

But, f**k all has come from the conservatives so far.

Time for them to step up.

Good old SKS..........................

Its very possible Labour will win the next election because enough people will think "anyone but Truss" and who can blame them? However, I read another article (that I now cant find) that was far less forgiving about this debt and outlined why it was a massive issue for the party. They binned off a load of staff using employment laws they urged the Tories to ban and as Starmer continues to drop the ten pledges he made the far left continue to leave the party. With the prospect of more strikes they are going to have to come out of hiding and decide if they support the unions or not, if they dont and more funding is lost the financial situation gets worse.

As you have said they need to win the centre ground to win an election, to exist they need money from the left. I think momentum would rather a tory government than a Starmer lead Labour Party with middle ground policies.

Its very possible Labour will win the next election because enough people will think "anyone but Truss" and who can blame them? However, I read another article (that I now cant find) that was far less forgiving about this debt and outlined why it was a massive issue for the party. They binned off a load of staff using employment laws they urged the Tories to ban and as Starmer continues to drop the ten pledges he made the far left continue to leave the party. With the prospect of more strikes they are going to have to come out of hiding and decide if they support the unions or not, if they dont and more funding is lost the financial situation gets worse.

As you have said they need to win the centre ground to win an election, to exist they need money from the left. I think momentum would rather a tory government than a Starmer lead Labour Party with middle ground policies.

The alternative is that the Tories see the prospect of losing (badly) looming over the horizon, closer to the election period, and restore Boris.
Truss or Sunak are not the solutions to the Conservative problems and it seems the political party may have (at last!!) realised that, as it seems a lot of members haven`t voted yet.
Boris is a Marmite politician but the engineers of his demise may wish they hadn`t started the process. 🤷‍♂️

The alternative is that the Tories see the prospect of losing (badly) looming over the horizon, closer to the election period, and restore Boris.
Truss or Sunak are not the solutions to the Conservative problems and it seems the political party may have (at last!!) realised that, as it seems a lot of members haven`t voted yet.
Boris is a Marmite politician but the engineers of his demise may wish they hadn`t started the process. 🤷‍♂️

You think BloJo is the solution?

You think BloJo is the solution?

What I think is pretty immaterial but when the ship hits a storm you need a character to hold the crew together, steer the course and be positive.
I can`t see Truss or Sunak having the "character" to be that person.
Like or loathe him Boris has character and resilience.
He certainly fudged up on a number of things, but the political party (those grey suits that stalk the corridors) doesn`t seem to have the width/depth of vision to see other (better) people.

To be honest Boris engineered his own downfall albeit with a committee made up of Labour people who wanted him gone.
The Tory MPs based on feedback from their constituencies wanted him gone.
The dilemma is the party see Boris as their key asset to winning th election.
I am sure like many others that Truss and Sunak are not the way forward. Two politicians who unfortunately don’t have a lot of ideas about how to resolve the crises.
Added to which, voters must be confused and angry about how long internal wrangling is going on until a new leader is eventually selected. Why on earth it takes a month is beyond me and most other people too

Boris coming back....that is nothing short of hilarious [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Has everyone forgotten he's still under investigation by the parliamentary standards commission which could well see him thrown out as an MP?

More chance of him being in prison this time next year than being Tory Leader[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

What I think is pretty immaterial but when the ship hits a storm you need a character to hold the crew together, steer the course and be positive.
I can`t see Truss or Sunak having the "character" to be that person.
Like or loathe him Boris has character and resilience.
He certainly fudged up on a number of things, but the political party (those grey suits that stalk the corridors) doesn`t seem to have the width/depth of vision to see other (better) people.

‘Character’ you say? I think he’s a lying, shagging, lazy c**t personally.

Resilience? If you mean conveniently hiding (on one occasion in a fridge) whenever something turbulent comes his way, then I’m not convinced there either. There only so many timely European wars kicking off to hide his shortcomings. He told us to ‘move on’. The public didn’t and his snake-like contemporaries were falling over themselves to knife him in the back. The only people I see wanting him back are odd balls who get vox popped on the news.

‘Character’ you say? I think he’s a lying, shagging, lazy c**t personally.

Resilience? If you mean conveniently hiding (on one occasion in a fridge) whenever something turbulent comes his way, then I’m not convinced there either. There only so many timely European wars kicking off to hide his shortcomings. He told us to ‘move on’. The public didn’t and his snake-like contemporaries were falling over themselves to knife him in the back. The only people I see wanting him back are odd balls who get vox popped on the news.
It's like the Republicans and Trump, but much much worse because the Tories are still in power (not that you'd know).

If they genuinely think Boris is their best hope then they truly are screwed.

And the alternative is................................... ?

I`ll wait because it certainly isn`t Mr 10 Pledges if that's his track record. 🤷‍♂️

If Boris comes back the Tories will lose the next election.

Meanwhile Unite are calling for the Labour Party "to get a spine", good luck with that! I would have thought it virtually impossible for any group of people to be more divided than the Tories but Labour are.

That’s not a given. You can survive a storm (real or political) by having excellent governance and distributed leadership in place that keeps everything on track. Your Churchill might be a Custer after all.

The best thing that ScoMo did in Oz was step back from covid leadership and empower the states. His motivation was probably negative - trying to avoid culpability for anything that went wrong - but the result was a robust response.

when the ship hits a storm you need a character to hold the crew together
You need a fu**ing crew before you worry about some jackass giving them a morale boost. You could have Captain Cook making balloon animals while riding a unicycle and it wouldn’t matter a damn if he’d surrounded himself with a bunch of chimps with dementia. Which is being pretty kind to what is left of the Tory party in terms of competent MPs and cabinet ministers, after the Dear Leader’s blood-splattered cull. Hence why we’re left between Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche, because he made it this way.

You need a fu**ing crew before you worry about some jackass giving them a morale boost. You could have Captain Cook making balloon animals while riding a unicycle and it wouldn’t matter a damn if he’d surrounded himself with a bunch of chimps with dementia. Which is being pretty kind to what is left of the Tory party in terms of competent MPs and cabinet ministers, after the Dear Leader’s blood-splattered cull. Hence why we’re left between Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche, because he made it this way.
That's what I was trying to say, but didn't think of Captain Cook, ballon animals, a unicycle and chimps with dementia :)

There are/were plenty of competent MP`s & Ministers in the early running - and we got the result of inverting the barrel and scraping it.

Ho hum..... 🤷‍♂️

Most recently...............
Badenoch
Tugendhat
Mordant

Previously .....
Stewart
Cleverly
Malthouse

Any one of those would have appealed more to the CP members and the middle ground but never got the political party support.
I`m not over enamoured with the choice that has been delivered, but those are the rules.

The only viable alternative is SKS trying to form some sort of progressive/centrist alliance but I don`t think he can deliver that, nor would anyone risk it after the Lib Dem coalition proved the value in jumping into bed with a stranger. :)

Politics, on both sides, is fudged and it is the electorate that suffers ............ nothing changes.

Back
Top Bottom