Tickets Season Tickets 2023/24

So if there is a transaction charge for each season ticket renewed online or over the phone. Can we expect that transaction charges will be applied for tickets to all games not covered by the season ticket. Pizza, FA, league or whatever it's called cup. Is this a thank you for the money paid over during the pandemic and then putting up with a season of crap and indecision over the manager. Have oxvox and the supporters group been informed about fees for those games?
If I have to pay £7.50 for the pre season games or all the home cup games I attend I don't think I will be attending any I've already paid up for the season ticket

impressive for half a day .... especially given theres potentially an additional £1250 been rinsed off supporters, without Supporters groups being informed or consulted by the club, before this new surcharge was imposed

If all 500 were adults taking advantage of the early bird prices you could equally say that supporters had already saved over £15000 from a club that loses millions a year, at a time when costs and inflation had risen significantly elsewhere.

£2.50 , can't even buy a coffee for that nor half a pint of beer .
It's standard .
I'm so impressed with the clubs offer and find it amazing that so many moans about such a trivial thing .🤷‍♂️
The season ticket deal is a good deal fair play to the club BUT the £2.50 in my case was £7.50 and if that's the case for all home matches not included in ST that could be bloody expensive

The season ticket deal is a good deal fair play to the club BUT the £2.50 in my case was £7.50 and if that's the case for all home matches not included in ST that could be bloody expensive
Thought this was season ticket thread though ?
Has that been confirmed anywhere for matchday tickets for cups etc or just fearing the worst ?

Has that been confirmed anywhere for matchday tickets for cups etc or just fearing the worst ?
Yes this is the season ticket thread hence my 7.50 on top of my 3 ST ( btw I'm not really complaining about that as I think the ST are a good deal) and no prices haven't been announced yet so it it fearing the worst currently but why would they charge the 2.50 for ST and not normal tickets

£2.50 , can't even buy a coffee for that nor half a pint of beer .
It's standard .
I'm so impressed with the clubs offer and find it amazing that so many moans about such a trivial thing .🤷‍♂️
its the principle IMO of the club NOT communicating, in advance , not even via OxVox and OUSP, that this surcharge would be imposed. And that's after ,what appears now to be hollow promises made by the CEO and MD at the recent AGM that they had learnt from last seasons mistakes , that they would among many other things, improve communication. They have failed on that one less than a month after the AGM

Still, the very same people promised a fans forum before the end of the season at last Decembers Fans Forum, they reneged on that promise too.

Its the principle for me, not the amount of the surcharge, the supporters are yet again being given the mushroom treatment, - kept in the dark and fed s**t.

its the principle IMO of the club NOT communicating, in advance , not even via OxVox and OUSP, that this surcharge would be imposed. And that's after ,what appears now to be hollow promises made by the CEO and MD at the recent AGM that they had learnt from last seasons mistakes , that they would among many other things, improve communication. They have failed on that one less than a month after the AGM

Still, the very same people promised a fans forum before the end of the season at last Decembers Fans Forum, they reneged on that promise too.

Its the principle for me, not the amount of the surcharge, the supporters are yet again being given the mushroom treatment, - kept in the dark and fed s**t.
Honestly mate I think this is way OTT for this pretty basic and normal these days charge.

If all 500 were adults taking advantage of the early bird prices you could equally say that supporters had already saved over £15000 from a club that loses millions a year, at a time when costs and inflation had risen significantly elsewhere.
you did say that @Scotchegg ..... its the principle that GF and TW assured the AGM that they were aware of many off field failings of the club last season, and that they were going to improve in all areas. Including communication - they have not communicated the imposition of a surcharge (another surcharge btw) on STS in advance. Not via an official announcement, in advance, not even to OxVox or OUSP . They talk a good job, but do not keep their word, which was made at the clubs own AGM.

I want to know , as my kids and grandkids come to very occasional home games, whether this surcharge is also being imposed on individual matchday tickets this coming season too.

Honestly mate I think this is way OTT for this pretty basic and normal these days charge.
Principle ,not the actual surcharge. They need to be called out for their failing,s and this is one of them, a big one too, as mere weeks after promises were given by the CEO and MD, at the AGM, that communication would be improved from the club to the supporters.

The issue is that the conditions, FAQ's etc clearly state a £2.50 fee PER transaction not per ticket. That Ticketmaster continue to rob anyone using their system is bad enough but, at the very least, it could be clearly stated in proper English what the charges/fees etc are going to be.

I have no qualms about paying for the transaction at a fair rate. If that is what it costs the club then that cost has to be passed on. It's when the stated conditions are incorrect that I get annoyed.

No doubt the club are having to cover the cost of the card transactions leaving Ticketmaster to reap a dividend for having supplied the software. The card transaction, of course, only involves one fee. One transaction, one fee.

It would be fair to assume that some sort of fee will be passed onto us as and when we come to purchase individual tickets. If it is another £2.50 a ticket then I think it may be time to dump Ticketmaster and source the software elsewhere. I do know that the club have looked at changing after all the issues last season.

you did say that @Scotchegg ..... its the principle that GF and TW assured the AGM that they were aware of many off field failings of the club last season, and that they were going to improve in all areas. Including communication - they have not communicated the imposition of a surcharge (another surcharge btw) on STS in advance. Not via an official announcement, in advance, not even to OxVox or OUSP . They talk a good job, but do not keep their word, which was made at the clubs own AGM.

I want to know , as my kids and grandkids come to very occasional home games, whether this surcharge is also being imposed on individual matchday tickets this coming season too.

I'm not sure that's fair regarding the season ticket costs, booking fees are pretty much standard practice across the entertainment industry. There are booking fees on every cinema ticket these days, gigs, theatre etc. None of these are advertised as part of the purchase cost, and I don't think that this is an example of the club deliberately misleading anyone.

The question regarding matchday tickets is a fair one, and hopefully this can be put to the club ahead of these prices being announced. If matchday tickets prices were frozen, with a reduced band for 18-24 year old as with the season tickets, but they included a 50p booking fee per ticket (as an example), then I wouldn't have an issue with that.

It's likely that these are charges made by Ticketmaster rather than the club, and with us already making huge losses, I don't feel that it would be unreasonable to cover these costs.

It's not about £2.50, it's the principle that we were told X price for a ticket, but it's actually x + £2.50.
It's not about £2.50, but it's about potentially paying an extra £57.5 if you have to pay a transaction charge for away tickets, and choose to attend all games. Then add an extra £57.5 if you have to pay it for each coach ticket you buy.
At least my LRC membership, that I will now pay an extra £2.5 on, will save that transaction charge, assuming it stays as a £3 discount.
Imagine if your children want to attend away games with you. Now your transaction fees are at least doubled (as it seems to be a transaction fee per ticket).

If it costs £2.5 extra to buy online, then unless the pay on the day price goes up by at least that much, everyone is going to buy their tickets on matchday, costing the club more money in staffing costs (or tickets not sold due to the queues being too long).

It's not just £2.5. It will very quickly add up. In a cost of living crisis, to add a new, unnecessary charge (seemingly per ticket), is very poor.

If it costs £2.5 extra to buy online, then unless the pay on the day price goes up by at least that much, everyone is going to buy their tickets on matchday, costing the club more money in staffing costs (or tickets not sold due to the queues being too long).

1684180345886.png

It's not about £2.50, it's the principle that we were told X price for a ticket, but it's actually x + £2.50.
It's not about £2.50, but it's about potentially paying an extra £57.5 if you have to pay a transaction charge for away tickets, and choose to attend all games. Then add an extra £57.5 if you have to pay it for each coach ticket you buy.
At least my LRC membership, that I will now pay an extra £2.5 on, will save that transaction charge, assuming it stays as a £3 discount.
Imagine if your children want to attend away games with you. Now your transaction fees are at least doubled (as it seems to be a transaction fee per ticket).

It's not just £2.5. It will very quickly add up. In a cost of living crisis, to add a new, unnecessary charge (seemingly per ticket), is very poor.
well said

Back
Top Bottom