Tickets Season Tickets 2023/24

covered in FAQs .... and not charged to those who are renewing in person at the ticket office (according to FAQs), only on line and telephone renewals have the surcharge imposed. Apparently

That doesn't make sense.

Surely buying online you have no staff costs, so buying 4 tickets online should be cheaper than rocking up and having to take a staff members time up, not £10 more expensive.
And why is it also charged if you phone up? If the assistant only looked down, they wouldn't know if you were at the window or on the phone. :)

Don’t be so tight. Let them Moths have some fresh air.
Im a pensioner now, my cashflow reduced to a trickle, as Im currently midway into moving into an unfurnished 1 bed flat, and my car has failed its MOT ( this morning), and needs surgery..... seriously, every penny really does count at the moment

I shall be renewing my ST , in person, at the ticket office either Thurs of Fri this week or maybe Monday next week

Any news on when memberships or Flexi tickets will be announced?

I can't commit to every game next season so no point me renewing my season ticket.

What does the South Stand Upper Premium get you? Does it allow access to the bar?
Absolutely nothing. A seat in blocks 11 or 13 and that's it. Last season we were offered access to the bar for the price of £250.00 each. No more than access. We declined. Still hoping that some sort of hospitality package will be forthcoming but, if it's just the restaurant, then no thanks. The food served is not that fantastic and certainly not value for money. As I've said elsewhere, very sadly, the club is held to ransom by Stadco (Kassam)

Any news on when memberships or Flexi tickets will be announced?

I can't commit to every game next season so no point me renewing my season ticket.
There are other reasons to renew than just whether you break even financially :-
  • support the club financially
  • guarantee your chosen seat (unless it becomes unavailable - see FAQs)
  • priority for cup games / away fixtures

Just renewed for me and my son - 2 x East Stand tickets - £399 in total - very happy with that. Yes there is a £5 admin fee but I can't believe the amount of frothing about that on here - are there any ticket websites these days where you don't pay a booking fee? £2.50 per ticket is one of the smallest amounts I've had to pay for this over the past year of buying theatre/gig tickets etc. Let's give the club a break - nice clear ST offers and prices held.

Im a pensioner now, my cashflow reduced to a trickle, as Im currently midway into moving into an unfurnished 1 bed flat, and my car has failed its MOT ( this morning), and needs surgery..... seriously, every penny really does count at the moment
I'll buy some of that old-fashioned vinyl stuff off you if that helps? £10 for 10 discs of my choice? Happy to help...

There are other reasons to renew than just whether you break even financially :-
  • support the club financially
  • guarantee your chosen seat (unless it becomes unavailable - see FAQs)
  • priority for cup games / away fixtures

I don't like to be stuck to one seat so that's why I was thinking of going down the flex ticket route. Membership will also give second priority to cup games. Club will get the same amount of money off me if not more.

That doesn't make sense.

Surely buying online you have no staff costs, so buying 4 tickets online should be cheaper than rocking up and having to take a staff members time up, not £10 more expensive.
And why is it also charged if you phone up? If the assistant only looked down, they wouldn't know if you were at the window or on the phone. :)
Something not right here. Looking at the FAQ's on the club website, the phrasing is as below:
1684158227021.png

That, to me, would indicate £2.50 fee only, not, per ticket. Buying 2,3 or 10 tickets should equate to a fee of £2.50 if all tickets are purchased as one transaction. @OUSP Secretary can this be flagged up please? I'm guessing it is the usual balls up that is Ticketmaster but worth clarifying.

Something not right here. Looking at the FAQ's on the club website, the phrasing is as below:
View attachment 13405

That, to me, would indicate £2.50 fee only, not, per ticket. Buying 2,3 or 10 tickets should equate to a fee of £2.50 if all tickets are purchased as one transaction. @OUSP Secretary can this be flagged up please? I'm guessing it is the usual balls up that is Ticketmaster but worth clarifying.
If it is per ticket and not per transaction then that is out of order really. The only difference between ordering 1 ticket and 50 would be entering '50' in the field 'Quantity', it wouldn't take 50 times more work...

If it is per ticket and not per transaction then that is out of order really. The only difference between ordering 1 ticket and 50 would be entering '50' in the field 'Quantity', it wouldn't take 50 times more work...
I suspect it will be a standard Ticketmaster charge that the club is merely passing on and whenever I buy tickets elsewhere it does tend to be a fee per ticket bought. It's likely that the most tickets someone will be buying is 4 for their family at a cost of c.£800 - 2 adults and 2 kids so a £10 fee is a little bit irrelevant even in that scenario.

Absolutely nothing. A seat in blocks 11 or 13 and that's it. Last season we were offered access to the bar for the price of £250.00 each. No more than access. We declined. Still hoping that some sort of hospitality package will be forthcoming but, if it's just the restaurant, then no thanks. The food served is not that fantastic and certainly not value for money. As I've said elsewhere, very sadly, the club is held to ransom by Stadco (Kassam)

What it does do however is give you first glimpse of a possible signing sat in the directors boxes.

Other than that, I don’t see why anyone should pay that sort of money to not have bar access and Restaurant. It’s not VFM to sit there.

I suspect it will be a standard Ticketmaster charge that the club is merely passing on and whenever I buy tickets elsewhere it does tend to be a fee per ticket bought. It's likely that the most tickets someone will be buying is 4 for their family at a cost of c.£800 - 2 adults and 2 kids so a £10 fee is a little bit irrelevant even in that scenario.
Maybe it is irrelevant, but I guess it annoys me so much as I'm a frequent gig-goer and this kind of ripoff is all too common. No dig at the club, it is more than likely exactly like you say.

Back
Top Bottom