Scunthorpe game!

Ox4Eva

Nice touch from the club with 2000 flags and also 300 scarfs in the family section.

How can we get more fans to attend on Friday?, the club really needs a noisy turnout!

The obvious one is Easter eggs!

I wonder if we could get someone to sponsor a giveaway? No major brands local but there are several retailers and the Chocolate Academy in Banbury. Probably too late now but worth a try.

Anyhow let's encourage everyone we can to get along and back the lads in a very important game!

Difficult game this one. They have some really good players for this level.
Their two wide men Hakeeb Adelukan and Josh Morris are a real danger for us.

Nice touch from the club with 2000 flags and also 300 scarfs in the family section.

How can we get more fans to attend on Friday?, the club really needs a noisy turnout!

It’s an excellent move by the club. It’ll both increase the buzz on the day and also mean that x hundred kids will be leaving the ground with a memento which helps bond them with our club. More of this please.

Plus, if the club engaged positively and proactively with the Ultras, they’d probably also get displays, banners and atmosphere that money can’t buy. It’s been better for the last couple of games and a bit more encouragement from the club could lead to us fans using PayPal donations to create the visual extravaganzas which typified the early years of DE’s reign.

I’d implore our MD to reach out to our most enthusiastic and important group of supporters and help make this a reality.

So he can he afford to give away scarfs and flags if he can’t afford to pay wages [emoji848]
Trifling sums Dave. You know perfectly well that Rosy is paid handsomely.

More to the point, stuff the flags and scarves, where are my prawn crackers and dip at half time?

It’s an excellent move by the club. It’ll both increase the buzz on the day and also mean that x hundred kids will be leaving the ground with a memento which helps bond them with our club. More of this please.

Plus, if the club engaged positively and proactively with the Ultras, they’d probably also get displays, banners and atmosphere that money can’t buy. It’s been better for the last couple of games and a bit more encouragement from the club could lead to us fans using PayPal donations to create the visual extravaganzas which typified the early years of DE’s reign.

I’d implore our MD to reach out to our most enthusiastic and important group of supporters and help make this a reality.

Exactly. How often do the club use images that can be largely credited to the Ultras due to the time and effort involved with the displays? It seems the club has been more than happy to use them to promote their own image - and rightfully so, they look great - but seemingly not as willing to engage in positive discussions with those mostly responsible. Hopefully that changes.

Also, if any more positive news come out of the club, Dave might need a bigger bus.

So he can he afford to give away scarfs and flags if he can’t afford to pay wages [emoji848]

Latest rumour doing the rounds is that the players and staff have been paid exclusively in tracksuits and bobble hats from Tiger’s excess stock.

Also explains the abundance of scarves.

All of the squad players with families are having to feed their kids with leisurewear which is a crying shame. Sort it out OxVox.

Last edited:

Exactly. How often do the club use images that can be largely credited to the Ultras due to the time and effort involved with the displays? It seems the club has been more than happy to use them to promote their own image - and rightfully so, they look great - but seemingly not as willing to engage in positive discussions with those mostly responsible. Hopefully that changes.

Also, if any more positive news come out of the club, Dave might need a bigger bus.

Absolutely. It’s perhaps the biggest no-brainer facing our club in my view.

I work in this world but I hardly think that such a move would be some kind of eureka PR moment.

It’s just common sense and taps into everything the club should be doing around creating buzz and encouraging the younger fan base.

I have no doubt members of the club read these boards so hopefully they’ll get the hint at some point! Members of the Ultras are easy enough to find on Twitter if the club has somehow lost their contact details and want to reach out to them and get this moving.

Bring back Greg Box Turnbull. Was fully committed to the club. Like so many others, left the club with hardly a mention. We need his sort more than ever.

Bring back Greg Box Turnbull. Was fully committed to the club. Like so many others, left the club with hardly a mention. We need his sort more than ever.

Niall is Greig’s sort. An Oufc fan with probably as much experience of being an M.D. of a football club as he did when he started. Give him a chance to push this sort of thing forward, he’s already making big improvements.

Agreed. Niall has a nice "lilt" to his accent. What is he doing South of the border!. Earlier this season we had a "North Easterner" doing the announcements. I liked that. More of the same, please. The Oxfordshire accent is very boring and naff to be honest.

Agreed. Niall has a nice "lilt" to his accent. What is he doing South of the border!. Earlier this season we had a "North Easterner" doing the announcements. I liked that. More of the same, please. The Oxfordshire accent is very boring and naff to be honest.

Yokel accent is being replaced, I have written a strongly worded letter to the OM.

Just get your head around the fact that the "Ultras" are just supporters the same as the rest of us that should not be singled out for "special treatment".
They should just buckle up and support the club within the rules that also apply to all of us.

Back
Top Bottom