Champions League Scousers v Real

Good luck Liverpool, one of the PL sides I quite like, and Klopp seems a decent guy. No interest in Real Madrid

Not confusing it at all.

#Remember97 (thanks for the update on numbers @unification ) that Liverpool use to recognise those that died at Hillsborough.

#Remember86 is what @Essexyellows used to blame Liverpool for the European football ban.

He is the one that linked the two by making a cheap and unnecessary comment that is as pathetic as he is.

Some Liverpool fans were very clearly responsible for the deaths at Heysel. But this was an accident waiting to happen in old, crumbling stadiums and thousands of hooligans intent on violence. It happened during a European Cup final in Belguim, It could have just as easily happened at the Manor or countless grounds throughout this country and all through Europe. Millwall and Luton fans rioted just months before and a police was almost killed when struck on the head by a lump of concrete before being revived in the stands. A kid died at Birmingham when a wall collapsed after rioting. The Bradford fire killed so many because fans were caged in following previous acts of violence. There had been violence in Spain during the 1982 world cup, and virtually every European game of that era had rioting british fans. The ban was waiting to happen and it could have just as easily happened to Norwich or Oxford in the preceeding years had they got to compete.
The gloating and sneering about ‘Scousers’ is beyond childish

Surely the point is that thankfully football has moved on from those very dark days and has brought a whole new generation of fans throughout the uk, the vast majority of whom were probably not even born when those things occurred.

We will see, I`ll predict plenty of misbehaviour from their fans.

You can`t erase history. Liverpool fans charged Juventus fans at Heysel, 14 were found guilty of manslaughter which is often forgotten. That led directly to an "indefinite ban" for English clubs with Liverpool to serve an extra 2 years after the lifting.

Even that additional "punishment" was reduced to 1 year after the ban was lifted in 90/91.

So every qualifying club in that period suffered for the actions of one club that pushed UEFA to act.

Punish the clubs involved not everyone else.

We will see, I`ll predict plenty of misbehaviour from their fans.

You can`t erase history. Liverpool fans charged Juventus fans at Heysel, 14 were found guilty of manslaughter which is often forgotten. That led directly to an "indefinite ban" for English clubs with Liverpool to serve an extra 2 years after the lifting.

Even that additional "punishment" was reduced to 1 year after the ban was lifted in 90/91.

So every qualifying club in that period suffered for the actions of one club that pushed UEFA to act.

Punish the clubs involved not everyone else.

You're pretty happy to erase history with no reference to each of the acts of violence that had preceded Heysel and were equally responsible for the ban.

Lady Birdio is a Scouser (so she claims - Ormskirk is a couple of miles over the Lancashire border and well she f*cking knows it), but thankfully I’m not with her today. I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from going full Mourinho if Real scored.

You're pretty happy to erase history with no reference to each of the acts of violence that had preceded Heysel and were equally responsible for the ban.

Heysel was the pivotal event that lead to the European ban. It was Liverpool.

Remind me how many people the supporters of clubs like Oxford, Norwich et al killed?

Heysel was the pivotal event that lead to the European ban. It was Liverpool.

Remind me how many people the supporters of clubs like Oxford, Norwich et al killed?
Not that I particularly want to get dragged into this, but...

English fans had been doing similar all over Europe for years, look at the 1980 Euros for example. The same tragedy could have happened at any of them. Hysel was a delapidated stadium, and the crush occurred partly because of that when English and Italian fans clashed. Of course it was the innocent supporters who were caught in the middle and caused the tragic crush.

ALL fans who behaved like this leading up to 1985 had a part in the outcome, to say it was just Liverpool fans is whitewashing what went before of the highest order.

Not that I particularly want to get dragged into this, but...

English fans had been doing similar all over Europe for years, look at the 1980 Euros for example. The same tragedy could have happened at any of them. Hysel was a delapidated stadium, and the crush occurred partly because of that when English and Italian fans clashed. Of course it was the innocent supporters who were caught in the middle and caused the tragic crush.

ALL fans who behaved like this leading up to 1985 had a part in the outcome, to say it was just Liverpool fans is whitewashing what went before of the highest order.

Euro`s is "Engerland" - talking club level here.

Leeds in `75 and Man United in `77 - can`t remember many other English Clubs creating issues abroad?

Punishing the majority for the actions of a minority isn`t how life works.

No problem with liverpool the team who play good football without being funded by an oil state.

Their fans however consistently let themselves down (already surged the gates today) and then procede to play th victim.

Their scouse not English thing is particularly embarrassing. They act like the only city to have suffered in the 80s when actually towns like Accrington fared far worse.

I'm sure many liverpool fans are good folk (I have no idea why a southerner would support them mind) but they seem to have a large majority of utter tools who follow them

Madrid are complete bastards too in a different way.

No problem with liverpool the team who play good football without being funded by an oil state.

Their fans however consistently let themselves down (already surged the gates today) and then procede to play th victim.

Their scouse not English thing is particularly embarrassing. They act like the only city to have suffered in the 80s when actually towns like Accrington fared far worse.

I'm sure many liverpool fans are good folk (I have no idea why a southerner would support them mind) but they seem to have a large majority of utter tools who follow them

Madrid are complete bastards too in a different way.

Yep.

Kick off delayed due to ticketless Liverpool fans storming the gates…

Do I say "told you so" now or later?

Of course it will be everyone elses fault that they couldn`t stand about getting ratted and turn up shortly before kick off..... and already videos of ticketless "fans" breaking outer cordons etc.

Nope, nothing to do with them.

Yet the Real Madrid fans are in the ground from the over-the-shoulder views on the telly..... 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom