Champions League Scousers v Real

Essexyellows

Come on Real !!

Unsurprisingly there are an estimated 60k ticketless scousers travelling to Paris, can`t see that causing any issues.

Lets home the CRS show them some firm policing.

Lots of folk appear to have been ripped off with coaches that haven`t arrived or flights that have been cancelled already.

Of course none of it is their fault........... never is.

#remember86

I despise them.

Come on Real !!

Unsurprisingly there are an estimated 60k ticketless scousers travelling to Paris, can`t see that causing any issues.

Lots of folk appear to have been ripped off with coaches that haven`t arrived or flights that have been cancelled already.

#remember86

I despise them.
I have family who follow them, are they all tarnished with the same brush?

BTW you wish talk of rip off £450-£500 for a ticket with "Restricted" View

I have family who follow them, are they all tarnished with the same brush?

BTW you wish talk of rip off £450-£500 for a ticket with "Restricted" View

Bloke on the BBC this AM paid £1100 and was stuck at the airport with no flight. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What goes around comes around............ never forgive them.

The scousers are English I personally support any team only for the final that is English unless it was Swindon most of my family support Liverpool for reasons I dunno so for one night only u hope Liverpool win
Plus I don't really like real Madrid

I am pretty neutral.
Dont really like either.
Liverpool are the better team in my view and will win comfortably ( like Man C really should have done in the previous round)

Come on Real !!

#remember86

I despise them.
ditto that

Bloke on the BBC this AM paid £1100 and was stuck at the airport with no flight. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What goes around comes around............ never forgive them.
Sorry You have your dislike and that's your choice but if that was my family/ yours or indeed anyone you know, it would still amuse you?

Sorry You have your dislike and that's your choice but if that was my family/ yours or indeed anyone you know, it would still amuse you?

Yep serves them right for following that team.
The impact on a number of "small" clubs isn`t to be underestimated and they never got justice.

I am pretty neutral.
Dont really like either.
Liverpool are the better team in my view and will win comfortably ( like Man C really should have done in the previous round)
To talk more about the game, the logic is that Liverpool will comfortably and maybe they will, but Real Madrid know how to do it in the European cup and in Benzema and Modric have a couple of older players enjoying great seasons. Benzema is probably the best central striker in Europe this season, and Vinicius Jnr is massively underrated I think. I can see Madrid nicking it somehow

Don't care ! There is a more important game today, the league 2 play off final! ,Come on Mansfield!!

The tagline #Remember86 is pathetic and distasteful considering it is used to remember the 96 football fans who went to a game and never returned. I don't care at all about other clubs but I do care that ordinary men, women and children lost their lives doing the same thing that we all do every weekend.

Every single club had their share of football hooligans in the 70's and 80's, Oxford United included. They were responsible for the fences going up, they were responsible for our shitty name throughout Europe and they meant that the banning order was put in place, even if Heysel sealed the deal. Blaming Liverpool fans today for something that happened nearly 40 years ago is unneccesarily spiteful in my view, but each to their own.

As for tonight, I hope Liverpool win in the same way that I hoped Rangers won last week. I'd rather see home teams do well, but I'll probably be watching Obi-Wan or Stranger Things instead so not bothered either way.

The tagline #Remember86 is pathetic and distasteful considering it is used to remember the 96 football fans who went to a game and never returned. I don't care at all about other clubs but I do care that ordinary men, women and children lost their lives doing the same thing that we all do every weekend.

Every single club had their share of football hooligans in the 70's and 80's, Oxford United included. They were responsible for the fences going up, they were responsible for our shitty name throughout Europe and they meant that the banning order was put in place, even if Heysel sealed the deal. Blaming Liverpool fans today for something that happened nearly 40 years ago is unneccesarily spiteful in my view, but each to their own.

As for tonight, I hope Liverpool win in the same way that I hoped Rangers won last week. I'd rather see home teams do well, but I'll probably be watching Obi-Wan or Stranger Things instead so not bothered either way.

I too agree that hashtags of that nature are poor form. And the number is very sadly 97 now as well for Hillsborough.

My issue with Liverpool is the attitude of omertà to Heysel. Whilst I understand that it’s not something you want to crow about, the lack of acknowledgment of the impact it had on football in this country sits uneasily with me. Any attempts for Liverpool fans or the club to acknowledge it is often met with ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’. The stadium was falling down, Juve fans started it, the police were rubbish, ticketing wasn’t organised. Yep, all contributions but what was the main one? Liverpool fan behaviour. It was very much one side attacking the other for when the fatal incident occurred.

The Liverpool Echo printed an apology in later years on their front page and various fan groups have apologised but the club never have. There was a plaque unveiled at Anfield for Hillsborough in 1999, on the 10th anniversary. It took 25 years for Heysel to have the same courtesy.

They seem to view it as ‘something that happened’. An inconvenience for them winning more trophies. For a club that experienced Hillsborough only four years later, you would have thought the level of empathy would spread the other way but to me it never really has. It remains a stain on the English game and the collective shrug it’s often met with from Merseyside saddens me. A sense of acknowledgment and responsibility would probably would make me softer towards them. I don’t expect it though. Omertà is their byword for Heysel.

That’s why I’m Real tonight.

Aren’t you confusing the 39 who died at Heysel in 1985 with the 97 who died at Hillsboro?
Heysel and the ban that prevented us playing in Europe, not Hillsborough?

Heysel was nothing to do with Hillsborough barring it being the same club that never causes any problems.... ever.

Maybe if they accepted some responsibility for their behaviour some of us would not bear a grudge, but its never their fault.

If justice is based on proportionality and fairness United, Wimbledon, Norwich et al should never have been banned but nobody spoke up for the little guys and the big bully carries on...

Aren’t you confusing the 39 who died at Heysel in 1985 with the 97 who died at Hillsboro?
Heysel and the ban that prevented us playing in Europe, not Hillsborough?
Not confusing it at all.

#Remember97 (thanks for the update on numbers @unification ) that Liverpool use to recognise those that died at Hillsborough.

#Remember86 is what @Essexyellows used to blame Liverpool for the European football ban.

He is the one that linked the two by making a cheap and unnecessary comment that is as pathetic as he is.

Some Liverpool fans were very clearly responsible for the deaths at Heysel. But this was an accident waiting to happen in old, crumbling stadiums and thousands of hooligans intent on violence. It happened during a European Cup final in Belguim, It could have just as easily happened at the Manor or countless grounds throughout this country and all through Europe. Millwall and Luton fans rioted just months before and a police was almost killed when struck on the head by a lump of concrete before being revived in the stands. A kid died at Birmingham when a wall collapsed after rioting. The Bradford fire killed so many because fans were caged in following previous acts of violence. There had been violence in Spain during the 1982 world cup, and virtually every European game of that era had rioting british fans. The ban was waiting to happen and it could have just as easily happened to Norwich or Oxford in the preceeding years had they got to compete.

Surely the point is that thankfully football has moved on from those very dark days and has brought a whole new generation of fans throughout the uk, the vast majority of whom were probably not even born when those things occurred.

Don't care ! There is a more important game today, the league 2 play off final! ,Come on Mansfield!!
There was also the A-league "Grand Final", which was a f*****g awful advert for Aussie football. Opening goal in the 2nd minute was an own goal header from a corner and Manchester City, sorry Melbourne City, lost 2-0 in a slow and ponderous bout.
It's a real pity. A couple of years ago when Perth Glory got the final the standard was better and the football was watchable. This game today was like League 1 on mogadon.

Back
Top Bottom