International News Russian War With Ukraine

Cracks appearing in the European united front?

Hardly good news for Ukraine following on from the recent decisions in the USA.

As Otto von Bismarck said...... "Do not expect that once taking advantage of Russia's weakness, you will receive dividends forever. Russian has always come for their money. And when they come - do not rely on an agreement signed by you, you are supposed to justify. They are not worth the paper it is written. Therefore, with the Russian is to play fair, or do not play"

Otto von Bismarck wants to try making a bit more sense when he speaks IMO.

As Otto von Bismarck said...... "Do not expect that once taking advantage of Russia's weakness, you will receive dividends forever. Russian has always come for their money. And when they come - do not rely on an agreement signed by you, you are supposed to justify. They are not worth the paper it is written. Therefore, with the Russian is to play fair, or do not play"

Hardly a crack in the European front though, is it? Everyone in line except for whacky autocrat Orban who would quickly get back in line if there was any talk of the EU taps being turned off for Hungary. He acted exactly as expected.

Hardly a crack in the European front though, is it? Everyone in line except for whacky autocrat Orban who would quickly get back in line if there was any talk of the EU taps being turned off for Hungary. He acted exactly as expected.
And exactly as Putin dictated.

Following the Republican Trumpbots in congress and Nutty Viktor, I presume Rishi's new uniform-loving besties in Italy will be next to kick up a ruckus....probably followed by the Dutch Demagogue and the chainsaw wielding Argie nutjob.

What a time to be alive :ROFLMAO:

I`m sure the EU would have mentioned the taps drying up before he voted, its how they work is it not?

And exactly as Putin dictated.

Following the Republican Trumpbots in congress and Nutty Viktor, I presume Rishi's new uniform-loving besties in Italy will be next to kick up a ruckus....probably followed by the Dutch Demagogue and the chainsaw wielding Argie nutjob.

What a time to be alive :ROFLMAO:

‘Lefties getting battered. Happens all the time’.

Last edited:

Your beginning to sound more and more like that dispicable opportunist Nigel Farage .

"Opportunist"

Spent like 30 years campaigning for a single issue which he achieved against the odds 😂

Hilarious.
Alright then, he spotted a gap in the “market” and turned it into a chasm .
It wasn’t an overnight success, but he’s still an opportunist

Just came here to recommend a documentary called Ukraine: Enemy in the Woods on BBC.

It's filmed on bodycams by the soldiers themselves. It threw up a lot of difficult feelings for me but I'm glad I watched it.

It's all just terribly sad. When some of the boys mention their ages it just fills me with a kind of frustration and rage, 19 years old and fighting a war is just a story as old as time. Rich men can't have a dialogue so they send working class boys to the slaughter. Putin is nowhere near the frontlines. It's an age old story. When will humanity learn it's lesson?

The Russians captured seem to perhaps believe the propaganda the Ukrainians torture them, it seems most go looking to earn some money.

It's amazing this war wages on and yet it's very much in the background for most countries west of Poland right now. The cold war documentary "turning point" on Netflix highlights that this tension between the west and Russia is nothing new, it can be biased and even conspiratorial at times but it's also worth a watch. I don't think the west can afford to sleep on Putin again.

When Putin took Crimea the response was pathetic and I think we are paying that price. Putin sees a weak west obsessed with its internal divisions and a US OAP politician and he thinks he can do what he wants. When Russia are at the borders of Poland we have a real problem.

When Putin took Crimea the response was pathetic and I think we are paying that price. Putin sees a weak west obsessed with its internal divisions and a US OAP politician and he thinks he can do what he wants. When Russia are at the borders of Poland we have a real problem.
Which one of the OAPs are you referencing?

Which one of the OAPs are you referencing?
Biden specifically. I think Putin saw his chance with Biden and went for Ukraine, the optics were right for him. Just my opinion, of course. The US has a plethora of problems particularly at the Mexican border, the right are obsessed with that and the left are obsessed with identity politics. I think Putin and his advisors may have considered an opportunity to take Ukraine with much less resistance than they really faced.

Biden specifically. I think Putin saw his chance with Biden and went for Ukraine, the optics were right for him. Just my opinion, of course. The US has a plethora of problems particularly at the Mexican border, the right are obsessed with that and the left are obsessed with identity politics. I think Putin and his advisors may have considered an opportunity to take Ukraine with much less resistance than they really faced.
Who thinks Trump would have helped Ukraine? Why would Putin not have invaded under Trump?
"But U.S. funding for arms shipments to Ukraine remains uncertain because of opposition from former President Donald Trump and his Republican allies in Congress."

Who thinks Trump would have helped Ukraine? Why would Putin not have invaded under Trump?
"But U.S. funding for arms shipments to Ukraine remains uncertain because of opposition from former President Donald Trump and his Republican allies in Congress."
Because I think Putin sees Trump as someone more of his ilk.

Didn't he threaten to wipe Moscow off the map if Putin went into Ukraine?

Back
Top Bottom