International News Russian War With Ukraine

Neither of us can prove it but I think Putin thinks Biden is a weaker leader than Trump, which is why he invaded under Biden not Donald.
You think you know what Putin thinks. Not the best of sources really.

You think you know what Putin thinks. Not the best of sources really.
I said it was just an opinion. You pick me up for this but not Chuckbert, who did the exact same before me, because you agree with Chuckbert and not me.

Show some consistency, man.

Edit: This forum even with sources we state our opinions. My opinion is evidenced by the fact Russia invaded under Biden not Trump, whereas Chuckbert's opinion is based just on his thoughts.
Properly lame post because it just shows your bias with no logic whatsoever to your critique, otherwise you would have applied it to both sides of the argument.

Neither Biden nor Trump are fit for office really. That's not to say they are similar though - Biden seems to be a decent man who is just too old, Trump is a sociopath who wants to be president purely for his own gratification (and to stay out of prison!).
Neither are fit for office.

Biden is just an acceptable face for other ideas for other people in the Dems to channel their ideology through, an old man way out of his depth.

Biden v Trump is very telling about the flaws of a two party system. Always the lesser of two evils.

Neither of us can prove it but I think Putin thinks Biden is a weaker leader than Trump, which is why he invaded under Biden not Donald.
Or maybe he invaded then because increasing Ukraine-US links (eg the 2021 Strategic Partnership) would mean that waiting any longer would result in a stronger more Western-supported Ukraine. If Trump had been in the hot seat, Ukraine-US relationships would have probably continued to weaken, making the gradual throttling of Ukraine a better option than an underprepared military invasion.
You're right that we don't know, but I bet Putin's decisions are made through a deeper base of strategy than whether the US president of the day is quiet or bombastic, or an authoritarian or not.

Neither are fit for office.

Biden is just an acceptable face for other ideas for other people in the Dems to channel their ideology through, an old man way out of his depth.

Biden v Trump is very telling about the flaws of a two party system. Always the lesser of two evils.
@QR Zero gave his opinion and I gave mine, neither with sources.

Is that OK with you?

Or maybe he invaded then because increasing Ukraine-US links (eg the 2021 Strategic Partnership) would mean that waiting any longer would result in a stronger more Western-supported Ukraine. If Trump had been in the hot seat, Ukraine-US relationships would have probably continued to weaken, making the gradual throttling of Ukraine a better option than an underprepared military invasion.
You're right that we don't know, but I bet Putin's decisions are made through a deeper base of strategy than whether the US president of the day is quiet or bombastic, or an authoritarian or not.
Putin is interesting. It's hard to tell how much strategy he uses. He's so hot-headed and bizarre at times does he have anyone around him who isn't frightened to death of not just agreeing with whatever he says?

I think, part of it, is he's getting old and he yearns for the old Russian empire. He probably sees his legacy as reuniting Russian people's and sticking it to the west.

I don't think he's quite as stupid as some in the west make out, but I don't think he's all there either.

@QR Zero gave his opinion and I gave mine, neither with sources.

Is that OK with you?
Look, a well reasoned argument not just 'I think he thinks'.

Look, a well reasoned argument not just 'I think he thinks'.
It is perfectly fair for people to speculate on what he is thinking.

We can never really know but it's an interesting source of debate. Why police it?

The west should strive to understand his thinking, because we could prepare better for his behaviour. Your superiority complex is bizarre QR.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean that all opinions have the same weight!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean that all opinions have the same weight!
It's not QR's job to moderate any discussion on here. My argument may be simpler than Chuckbert's but it doesn't necessarily make it worse. Both come down to a matter of opinion.

I know it's difficult when you and QR have such a huge intellectual superiority complex.

It's not to do with what I said though.

We stated two opinions without sources. QR pulled me up on just stating an opinion without sources, which is a totally lame argument because we both did the same thing.

Putin invading under Biden not Trump isn't even an opinion, its just a fact. I suspect he wouldn't have done it under Trump because he views his as unpredictable and volatile. Which I think he's even said himself* whereas I think he knows Biden wouldn't go in all guns blazing.

We will never know. I'm just annoyed saint QR gets away with an inconsistent and dumb argument just because more people agree with his politics than mine.

*https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/15/rus...dictable-biden-over-trump-in-us-election.html

It's not to do with what I said though.

We stated two opinions without sources. QR pulled me up on just stating an opinion without sources, which is a totally lame argument because we both did the same thing.

Putin invading under Biden not Trump isn't even an opinion, its just a fact. I suspect he wouldn't have done it under Trump because he views his as unpredictable and volatile. Which I think he's even said himself* whereas I think he knows Biden wouldn't go in all guns blazing.

We will never know. I'm just annoyed saint QR gets away with an inconsistent and dumb argument just because more people agree with his politics than mine.

*https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/15/rus...dictable-biden-over-trump-in-us-election.html

I guess you might want to look at what your evidence is actually substantiating. So, if I'd said that I think Putin invaded under Biden not Trump because he laughs at Trump, that would be cool because I've got evidence: its a fact that he invaded under Biden.

When Russia are at the borders of Poland we have a real problem.
The idea that Russia could threaten any European or NATO country has been thoroughly debunked by their abysmal performance in Ukraine. They threw their very best troops and mercenaries at Kyiv and yet never managed to take it, and have been kept at a stalemate by an army using old Western military equipment.

Russia have been built up as a scary bogeyman who could sweep through Europe but the actual truth on the field has been very different and they clearly never had a chance against a fully equipped, modern army - and even less so now they’ve lost so much equipment and so many of their best soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom