Manager/Coach Robinson. Stay or go?

Should Robinson stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only been twice this season and left before 75 minutes both times.

We are awful from reports.

If he went, just who would replace him?
I really don’t care at the moment. Nobody could do any worse. That’s definitely not a reason to keep him in the job

This does rather assume that Tiger has any real knowledge or interest
Dead right.
We now know for certain how bad Robinson and Derry are. Over the next few days we'll find out just how much interest Tiger has in OUFC.
There have been 2 recent additions to the board. Surely someone somewhere gives a toss????

Spot on but how much time does he actually devote to OUFC - not convinced anything will happen until it's too late
I would’ve worried about that a couple of weeks ago but now we’ve got additions to the board hopefully they’ll be more switched on

I think the reason many fans are now fed up is the league position (obviously) combined with KR's general attitude.

With MAPP, who had a similarly tough start, there was always the impression he was tinkering and working behind the scenes to improve. His willingness to adapt and apply new strategies was an indication of his modesty and 'apprenticeship' view with which he held the post.

It's concerning that KR, on the other hand, is unwilling to adapt at all. Rather than trying new strategies he resolutely stick to plan A, because it was his plan and so must be the best. As a result he's backed into a corner, and we've heard a myriad of excuses:

- The players hate playing at the Kassam, it doesn't feel like home.
- We've missed out on big signings (recent indications that Tiger isn't backing him re Maynard)
- "“I think if you spoke to any of these players they would tell you they’re coached better than anyone in the league."
- "“If I walked away tonight and someone walked in tomorrow morning, what more would they do?"
- "“You’re in a predicament where everything’s right and you just don’t take your opportunities when they come along. "
- "“If people want to make that decision [to sack him] that’s their choice. Unless they can go and get Houdini in, maybe he might help.”
- "“How many times on a Saturday morning can I find out a player is not right, or not well?"
- “You’re just looking for something to fall in your favour – right now nothing’s falling for anybody."

Can you imagine MAPP saying any of the above?! How's this for an idea - change the shape, change the tempo we play, rotate players on the pitch, have a Plan B! Don't depend on untried or over-the-hill players. Don't play someone if they're injured/unfit (let's hope Carruthers isn't an example), don't sign (or re-sign) injury prone players. I also remain sceptical about the intensity of the pre-season schedule.

A manager who is both stubborn and inept is a dangerous combination.

I think a change would be suitable for both parties. If only he could apply the same defensive solidity to his coaching of our backline as he does to talking about himself.

“If I felt it was my fault I’d walk away”

Absolutely ####ing speechless......?

When Mourinho tries to shift the blame away from his players after a poor result, he never actually explains what he's doing.

KR couldn't wait to explain that he was being the "shield" for his players by taking responsibility, almost like he expects to get credit for it.

If KR was half as clever as he thought he was we might have a decent manager.

Did he really say that! If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

Looks like Robinson and Tiger share some sort of bizarre longer-term plan for OUFC that means the manager is safe, for now, no matter how bad it gets.

Robinson out, but don't hold your breath.
Like I said last week. I think Robinson with his big brash personality is absolutely dominating ‘Tiger’. Robinson is calling the shots, I have little doubt about that. He’s like a brash salesman telling his boss everything he wants to hear.

I disagree with the RadOx summary there as well...Tiger sacking KR is an admission of fault in getting him in in the first place and all that.
Absolutely not for me, hired him to turn things around...he did and then this season he has proven the wrong choice to achieve our objectives. The easiest sacking in the world for me...

But will he do it?

I would hope that if they did let him go the recruitment process would be a little quicker than before! However with the board scattered across the globe I can’t imagine a quick appointment.
I would already start talking to Warburton about his availability!

So what’s his league win percentage over his time here now? About 20% or thereabouts?

This is unforgivable.

Robinson needs to go in the morning and a no-nonsense manager brought in with league 1 experience to get us organised, build confidence and get some points on the board. I don’t want a glamorous appointment, just somebody until the end of the season. We have to be pragmatic now.

Robinson needs to go in the morning and a no-nonsense manager brought in with league 1 experience to get us organised, build confidence and get some points on the board. I don’t want a glamorous appointment, just somebody until the end of the season. We have to be pragmatic now.

Who would that be?

Gary Bowyer for me.

Tonight was game over. All confidence disappeared from the team after 20mins. The worry is players like Brannagan (storming straight off) jumping ship. Action now needs to be taken.

Shelf the long term plan, this is now about survival

Any chance of another ‘stay’ or ‘go’ poll being set up? Hopefully SOMEBODY on the board will see how the supporters are feeling and ask Tiger to act.

Who would that be?

Gary Bowyer for me.

Tonight was game over. All confidence disappeared from the team after 20mins. The worry is players like Brannagan (storming straight off) jumping ship. Action now needs to be taken.

Shelf the long term plan, this is now about survival
Yep I’d go along with that

Back
Top Bottom