Manager/Coach Robinson. Stay or go?

Should Robinson stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anybody actually believe it’ll happen? They’re bringing in even more people behind the scenes who he wants and he’s banging the anti-Kassam drum loudly enough to drown out the noise that really matters. I’d say he’s got one of the safest jobs in football presently.
Depends what impression Tiger wants to give the other new investors - loyal or decisive?

Here’s a theory about Robinson - he’s an initially good manager who has gone stale...

KR is looking the same. Decent spell at MK Dons, ordinary at Charlton, dreadful at Oxford. He clearly did have the mojo, ideas and wherewithal once but that’s frittered away. He’s just a coach with one idea that’s been found out.

Yes, thought has crossed my mind. Football is dynamic and evolves - even at L1 level. Managers need to keep honing their craft to keep up. Gobbo lacks the nous upstairs to do this.

Well after today I'm not going to another match until he has gone. Not worth my time and effort turning up to see this embarrassment on the touchline. So upsetting to see what has happened to Appleton's team.

Does anybody actually believe it’ll happen? They’re bringing in even more people behind the scenes who he wants and he’s banging the anti-Kassam drum loudly enough to drown out the noise that really matters. I’d say he’s got one of the safest jobs in football presently.
If the crowds go down and the ones that are there turn on him it can't be ignored.
Plus although they won't admit it, some of the players have probably had enough of him and Derry now.

I thought his squad of players available today were extremely close to his best. Even though he had the bulk of the quality he has at his disposal playing, they fell well short. Who do you blame for the disasterous start, I’m afraid it has to be KR, his stats since he became Manager at Oxford in the league make poor reading and Tiger has to act or face a strong possibility of relegation.

I'll go on Tuesday, but I can really understand those who feel disenchanted with it at the moment.

I think it could get very ugly for Robinson if we go behind. Which again is understandable, although probably won't help the players much.

He has to go. Sitting next to the Wimbledon support was excruciating. They were loving it. And, it has to be said, if your manager is getting a slagging off from the opposition support, usual reaction would be to defend, not today.

I believe given time then yes I do think Robinson would bring success to this football club. I however don't think he will get the chance because he is digging himself a rather big hole at the moment and if we lose on Tuesday then I'd say that he will get the boot.

He could and should be doing a lot better with this squad of players. He also doesn't help himself with his interviews. 1 thing that has shocked me this season which will work against both him and the team is how quickly the fans have turned on the club. For what ever reason there is a general underlying toxic feel towards both Tiger and Robinson. I'm really not too sure why, especially in Tiger's case.

I believe given time then yes I do think Robinson would bring success to this football club. I however don't think he will get the chance because he is digging himself a rather big hole at the moment and if we lose on Tuesday then I'd say that he will get the boot.

He could and should be doing a lot better with this squad of players. He also doesn't help himself with his interviews. 1 thing that has shocked me this season which will work against both him and the team is how quickly the fans have turned on the club. For what ever reason there is a general underlying toxic feel towards both Tiger and Robinson. I'm really not too sure why, especially in Tiger's case.

I wouldn’t say things have gone toxic per se, just lots of apathy around the playing side and in some cases around the club.

My worry, if we were to get rid of KR is who would be in the running to take over?

Kluivert/Bellamy/Stam all mentioned in the summer. If we were to get rid of KR, who is a decent replacement?

Personally, Gary Bowyer looks the most sensible bet.

I wouldn’t say things have gone toxic per se, just lots of apathy around the playing side and in some cases around the club.

My worry, if we were to get rid of KR is who would be in the running to take over?

Kluivert/Bellamy/Stam all mentioned in the summer. If we were to get rid of KR, who is a decent replacement?

Personally, Gary Bowyer looks the most sensible bet.

I'd go for bellamy, Warburton, Holloway, McCarthy or very left field and potentially look at someone like Billy Davies.

Failing that, we hold on until Paul Hurst gets the boot from Ipswich and bring him in.

And who wants to come into a relegation-threatened league one team?
Who wants to go to a club in League Two? It’s still more attractive than clubs at that level and nobody ever used to ask that in the past when questions were asked of management. To think that nobody who could possibly be any good would want this job is ridiculous.

The alternative is sticking with this shambles and accepting near-certain doom. Shall we do that, then? Easier innit.

And who wants to come into a relegation-threatened league one team?

I think there would be a lot of managers that would look at this job, and think it’s a great job!

There are some talented players here, with experience and young players that will only improve.

Traditionally we are not a sacking club. It just so happens that the last two appointments have been absolutely diabolical.

We missed the boat with Paul Tisdale imo. MK will benefit from that.

I also think with a good incentive to keep us up, then the manager could be given a bonus(£) it’s also a good time to look for someone, because he will get to see what he can work with, and where he can make changes in the January transfer window.

So yes I think if KR was to go tomorrow I’m sure there would be applicants desperate to take the job either employed or unemployed.

It’s up to Tiger and the board to pull the trigger, and start a solid recruitment process. But what we can’t do is let it drag on to far like last time. We need to move quickly and decisively, make a shortlist of three decent candidates, and then appoint whoever Tiger and the board, and even Thohir believe can steer this club to where we want to be.

5 points from a possible 30. If that isnt sacking form then we might as well pack up and go home.

If the only reason to keep an a manager is that no one else would want the job, then how bad a job is he doing?

There will be loads of applicants, whether any of them are able to get us out of the mire that 16 months of mismanagement has left us in is questionable but it’s got to be worth a go.

Back
Top Bottom