League One Reading FC

Well it looks like we are going to be fine with our new (yet to be confirmed, I know) multi billionaire owners. That's what a complete stadium and state of the art training facilities can do for you. On the other hand it's not looking so bright for Oxford now is it.
Oh well, onwards and upwards soon to be leaving you behind again
You need billionaire owners as your club is f**k all without them. A soulless little nothing club in a soulless little nothing town, supported by Chelsea fans on a day out and speccy spotty incels like you.

We should infill their bridges with concrete first. (or is that billy goats gruff?)

Well it looks like we are going to be fine with our new (yet to be confirmed, I know) multi billionaire owners. That's what a complete stadium and state of the art training facilities can do for you. On the other hand it's not looking so bright for Oxford now is it.
Oh well, onwards and upwards soon to be leaving you behind again

This is actually really helpful. I was just wondering "Do Reading fans still act like smug fuckwits, resulting from characterless metropolitan overspill, who try a bit too hard to instill identity in themselves?"

And here you are, right on cue, answering my question for me. What a service.

Ta.

Mods can we bin this little troll off now please?

He isn’t even a good one, just very boring and clearly has very little knowledge about the history of their club!

Mods can we bin this little troll off now please?

He isn’t even a good one, just very boring and clearly has very little knowledge about the history of their club!
They'll f**k off soon enough, quite enjoying seeing folks explain to them what an idiot they are

You need billionaire owners as your club is f**k all without them. A soulless little nothing club in a soulless little nothing town, supported by Chelsea fans on a day out and speccy spotty incels like you.
Calm down sweet heart, am I touching a nerve?
This Chelsea thing is getting a bit boring now. People have mates that support other teams. The only shirt I didn't see at the oxford Reading game was an oxford one. Plenty of prem shirts walking round town. But I suppose it was unlikely to see one as you didn't turn up. Yellow fits perfectly

Calm down sweet heart, am I touching a nerve?
This Chelsea thing is getting a bit boring now. People have mates that support other teams. The only shirt I didn't see at the oxford Reading game was an oxford one. Plenty of prem shirts walking round town. But I suppose it was unlikely to see one as you didn't turn up. Yellow fits perfectly
So you went to the Oxford vs Reading game (doubtful as I don’t believe your mum would have let you) and you didn’t see one fan wearing an Oxford shirt? I suggest you go and get your eyes tested in that case.
As for not turning up, we had 9422 fans at the game against Reading at home in a ground that holds 12500. The away game at Reading had 11629 home fans in a ground that holds 24161 fans.
Let us know when you can actually fill your ground because right now, it’s embarrassing that you can’t even fill half of it!

So you went to the Oxford vs Reading game (doubtful as I don’t believe your mum would have let you) and you didn’t see one fan wearing an Oxford shirt? I suggest you go and get your eyes tested in that case.
As for not turning up, we had 9422 fans at the game against Reading at home in a ground that holds 12500. The away game at Reading had 11629 home fans in a ground that holds 24161 fans.
Let us know when you can actually fill your ground because right now, it’s embarrassing that you can’t even fill half of it!
Well said

To be fair I think to an extent the Reading virgin provides as interesting insight.

Reading had huge investment and went on a "journey" to the top flight whilst we went on our own "journey" under Kassam to the depths of the conference.

I did feel very connected to OUFC in the conference days though. We were down the hard-core. The ultras brought colour and noise and we all pulled together, meanwhile they had new "fans" filling up their stadium. It's partially why they feel so sterile and soulless.

Reading fans became hooked on wanting the Premier League. Spending beyond their means to try and get back there. But they're deep down a small club and don't have the fanbase there to justify it. It's built on sand.

Now whilst I understand we are doing our best to be "sustainable" (I sense an awful lot of waffle whenever TW and to an extent GF speaks) we are probably getting closer to the model of spending far beyond our means.

For me the Premier League would be pretty toxic. Maybe fun for a season. But with the way that League is with footballers on £100k + a week living in a different stratosphere to the fans who watch them, high ticket prices, more politics and the stain on the game that is VAR, we don't want to become like Reading chasing that.

If we managed to sustain football in the Championship, in a decent stadium, with safe standing, reflecting the club well, playing decent enough football and bringing players through the academy, that's probably enough. The Premier league could turn us into a soulless shell just like Reading. I think it was Essex who brought up our club losing its soul slowly rather than Reading who lost it in a flash. We do need to protect that and not fall into the trap of becoming another Reading FC.

Whether they get new billionaire owners or not, f*ck them. Tinpot club and the games against them were meh. Swindon Town, I hate them but they're more of a real rival than Reading. It means more.

Tinpot team, plastic fans, 2nd highest crowd in the division, you can only dream.

f*****g plastics.i bet you don't remember the Elm Park days when you used to get gates of 3 or 4 thousand.

f*****g plastics.i bet you don't remember the Elm Park days when you used to get gates of 3 or 4 thousand.
He has been banned now but I doubt he was even born when they were at Elm Park.

What he did bring to the forum was an advert for contraception and important it can be.

As many as that? I don’t think so
I enjoy when Reading fans talk about how big they are and mention attendances.
This season their average home attendance is 12808 (11353 empty seats), our average attendance is 8950 (3550 empty seats).
It seems like it is the biscuit men who has a ground that is a bit too big for them.

Back
Top Bottom