League Cup Quarter final draw

If we, as a league one side, knock out Manchester City in the quarter finals of the league cup, a competition they take seriously and play a strong team in, and a team who are current PL champions and second in the Premier League, it would be an unbelievable shock!

Given we've played them at home last season and won't win the game I can't see a much worse draw out of those available

Great draw, we are at home again what’s not to like. Playing one of the best teams in Europe. A chance to be on tv, and we know they will put out a strong side.

We should give it a real good go, because they have terrible injury issues in defence. I think this tie has an upset written all over it. Great tie, and a packed out Kassam yet again.

Boring. Anticlimax. Repeat.

Far rather Liverpool or ManUre if we had to get a "big" club, as I still consider City as "new money".

Some people here really shock me at their reaction to this draw haha.. bottom line is barring drawing Colchester we was always likely to get knocked out next round... so might as well be to the reigning premier league champs then say villa or Leicester at home. It's a brilliant draw, another guaranteed sell out, tv game under the lights and who knows.... if your gonna cause a shock it might aswell be the biggest of them all!!

I'm actually pretty happy with that draw. Another home tie which should hopefully see us with another sell out ahead of 10k crowds for Wycombe and Lincoln, and an opportunity to really embed a new generation of fans. It also gives an opportunity to really push OFFICIAL scarves and hats, and do a pre-order system for shirts for those wanting them for Christmas.

As for Man City being unbeatable, Millwall looked unbeatable for 85 minutes so anything is possible. I know that we are worlds apart, but we are playing very differently this year and shouldn't be afraid of facing anyone. Last year the likes of Long and Baptiste grew from facing world class opposition, and hopefully others will thrive at the chance to do the same.

More importantly...................

When is it?

I`m awaiting another visit from the fuckup fairy...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As difficult a draw as there could be, but on the plus side, a sell out and most likely on TV so good for the club coffers.

I think we're ready to take our revenge for last year. Peps boys can get ready for a schooling in possession based attacking football. :LOL: ;)

utd v city. not what most wanted but will be a great night again and some extra money to strengthen in january ?

I think that's
Some people here really shock me at their reaction to this draw haha.. bottom line is barring drawing Colchester we was always likely to get knocked out next round... so might as well be to the reigning premier league champs then say villa or Leicester at home. It's a brilliant draw, another guaranteed sell out, tv game under the lights and who knows.... if your gonna cause a shock it might aswell be the biggest of them all!!

I think that's the important difference - you think we're unlikely to progress so why not go out in style. Others saw a real chance of progressing to the semis (and a massive double pay day with some exposure) which is unlikely to come to pass when you have to play a club valued at over £2bn...

I'd love to see us play a real club (MUTD, Liverpool) away. We just never seem to draw the buggers.

I'm actually pretty happy with that draw. Another home tie which should hopefully see us with another sell out ahead of 10k crowds for Wycombe and Lincoln, and an opportunity to really embed a new generation of fans. It also gives an opportunity to really push OFFICIAL scarves and hats, and do a pre-order system for shirts for those wanting them for Christmas.

As for Man City being unbeatable, Millwall looked unbeatable for 85 minutes so anything is possible. I know that we are worlds apart, but we are playing very differently this year and shouldn't be afraid of facing anyone. Last year the likes of Long and Baptiste grew from facing world class opposition, and hopefully others will thrive at the chance to do the same.

Milwall is a slightly different proposal to Man City turning up with their second string - all full internationals worth 300million. It obviously feels an anti climax as we wont touch the ball for 80minutes and we saw it all last year...however a nice opportunity to fill out the ground again.

Back
Top Bottom