Transfer News Post transfer window

In my opinion our best XI is significantly better than last season in so many ways. I’ve never agreed with this notion we’ve gone backwards; I just don’t think we’ve made the great strides forwards across the squad that we hoped for and clearly had the resources to bring in. We’re missing pretty much all of our game changers at the moment so our performances are quite flat to watch.

As a squad I don’t think we’ve regressed in quality and in some areas I think we’ve made considerable upgrades but it’s undeniably short in quantity/depth overall and fitness is the overriding concern. Our major signings are yet to be able to contribute, but they will. The 4 or 5 players missing are huge for us and transform the line up. We need to just back the boys through this period - they didn’t ask for this and a lot is going to be asked of them now until January.

Fans can make a huge impact on performances so let’s leave all the groans and gripes at the door when we leave for the game today and push them on.
It’s about opinions and I would disagree with you
The players we miss most are Williams and Sykes who gave us high energy plus Mc Nally and Kane good ball players who could bring the ball out of defence.
The biggest problem has been signing players with injury problems.
Baldock, Jones and Murphy plus we already have Browne. That is too many and a real gamble
If you think this squad can get us top 6 good luck with that,I will be supporting them and I hope I am wrong

I always felt that whilst Sykes offered pace and energy, he often flattered to deceive, and I never really got the impression he was the greatest of team players.....but maybe that's just me 🤷‍♂️

I always felt that whilst Sykes offered pace and energy, he often flattered to deceive, and I never really got the impression he was the greatest of team players.....but maybe that's just me 🤷‍♂️
Agree with that Sheik what I meant because of his energy he could harass players unlike say Henry who is a better footballer but you need both types to make a good team.
Bristol City must see something because he has been starting for them

Danny Rose at LB released by Watford if his wages demand are sensible (maybe until Jan?) would be worth a punt??
Danny Rose was my next door neighbour when I lived in Buckhurst Hill in 2013. He already hated football and couldn’t wait to retire. After he had pocketed millions, of course.

#WelcomeDanny

We’ve looked at our best in 2022 when playing a 3-5-2 without wingers, but three of our most expensive signings in that time are wingers (Browne, Wildschut and Murphy).

We’ve looked at our best in the last 3 seasons with Alex Gorrin playing holding midfield, but we haven’t brought in a similar type player again despite Gorrin not yet having recovered from a serious injury, and no guarantee that he ever truly will.

None of that seems great.

On the other hand, in terms of pure ability, I think we’ve made some very good signings for the level and it’s easy to forget that because a) they were signed a while ago and b) not many of them are currently fit.

Danny Rose was my next door neighbour when I lived in Buckhurst Hill in 2013. He already hated football and couldn’t wait to retire. After he had pocketed millions, of course.

#WelcomeDanny

He should have followed his namesake into the world of business. Herbalife is where the big bucks are.

I'm not suggesting we go for Danny Rose, but if we did, he wouldn't be dropping £20k a week in wages, he'd be gaining £5 per week as he's currently unemployed.

There are plenty of players who just want to play, and would be very happy being a big fish in a small pond, whilst also picking up half a million in wages over a two year deal (imagine the fuel bills in their mansions!!!)
Danny Rose hasn’t left Watford with £0 to his name with 1 year left on his contract he’ll be leaving with a lump sum paid to him (let’s say he’s on £25k a week £1.3m for the year they would of come to a compromise for the club/player I’d expect of anywhere between 60-75% was his pay off)

Insadently, can anyone tell me if Sykes is playing regular Football ? Mc Nally isn't even on the Bench according to posts ! Goes to show the Grass isn't greener on the other side !!

I'm not suggesting we go for Danny Rose, but if we did, he wouldn't be dropping £20k a week in wages, he'd be gaining £5 per week as he's currently unemployed.

There are plenty of players who just want to play, and would be very happy being a big fish in a small pond, whilst also picking up half a million in wages over a two year deal (imagine the fuel bills in their mansions!!!)
£5 a week lol - total bargain

Ah yes. The well trodden path of a 32 year old former England international that was most recently paid near £25,000 per week dropping to a presently struggling League One side and a 70% reduction in wages to match.

It's nailed on.
Sounds like a Derby County signing to me

Back
Top Bottom