Portsmouth v Sunderland

It’s a huge trip on Thursday night for a televised game, no one, even Sunderland would sell out on a Tuesday night in league one.
Agree with that but would also add that there’s a hell of a lot of Sunderland fans that have escaped the shite slum lands for the beautiful south.

What happened after? I hear Max Power had an altercation?

The main set to I can think of was when Luke O'Nien accidentally went into the Pompey fans after a challenge. Some Pompey gave him verbals as he was climbing back over the wall and didn't seem bothered but certainly Cattermole* and Leadbitter got animated about it. Was he one of the others who got animated?

*Cattermole got that animated that he beckoned to a supporter to join him on the pitch but only after the stewards arrived. Amusingly after giving it the big 'un he then went crying to the Ref.

Can't see past Charlton for this one looked good when we played them and a more together team.

The main set to I can think of was when Luke O'Nien accidentally went into the Pompey fans after a challenge. Some Pompey gave him verbals as he was climbing back over the wall and didn't seem bothered but certainly Cattermole* and Leadbitter got animated about it. Was he one of the others who got animated?

*Cattermole got that animated that he beckoned to a supporter to join him on the pitch but only after the stewards arrived. Amusingly after giving it the big 'un he then went crying to the Ref.

The Sunderland players had every right to get angry seeing as their team mate was getting kicked by a moron in the Stand after he was shoved over the advertising hoarding by a Pompey player. Pond life.

I was hoping Maguire would aggravate Thompson all game, but his work was good elsewhere was appreciated.

The needle between both teams was interesting. Pompey really are quite sensitive souls - they don't like this, they don't like that - and it fell right into Sunderland's hands who just did their best to slow the game down.

Glad we'll be playing them again next season

The Sunderland players had every right to get angry seeing as their team mate was getting kicked by a moron in the Stand after he was shoved over the advertising hoarding by a Pompey player. Pond life.

That's one moron who should never, ever be allowed back into a football ground.
Apparently he was removed but, can you imagine the furore had that been an away supporter attacking a home team player? I'll wager that the stewards would have been far more proactive. Took the intervention of the ref to get any action. Very poor from the Pompey stewards.

Didn't see the kick as I only saw it live so missed it, looked like a lot of verbals at the time, so fair enough getting angry.

Although Cattermole wasn't bright offering out to the fan and I'm not sure that excuses him doing that.

Charlton should win it - so it will probably be Sunderland! Wonder which one will play in red & white?

Charlton should win it - so it will probably be Sunderland! Wonder which one will play in red & white?

allocation of Wembley pubs , when announced,tends to allude to who is the 'home ' team , at least as far as kit is concerned. Usually. :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom