General Offensive Chanting

"Who's up Leslie's hole" was a good one when we played Leeds.
(answer is Eric Cantona allegedly)

Always remember when the boys in blue walked past the London Rd there was often a rendition of la, la ,la, la ,la, la pig sh-t pig sh-t or the laurel and hardy theme music
I remember the Laurel and Hardy theme when I was a kid and one of the coppers walking past the London Road did the old head scratch. I was only 10 and thought it was funny as f**k1000011492.jpg

I remember, before all the swearing, about '69 - '70.....when Swinedon ran onto the pitch... "fertiliser, fertiliser, fertiliser... Was chanted.

Not had chance to read all this thread as had busy week, but my favourite ever chant at the Manor was when someone threw a coin from the London Road and it caught the GK on the back of his head (can’t remember the opposition)

He was ok to continue but from behind the goal the chant of “Goalie Goalie Heads or Tails” was just one I vividly remember for the sheer quick witted comedy!

I do think the humour is missing today.

One of my favourites was Bristol (can't remember which one) around 95:

"We're gonna burn your books and bicycles!"

In the 90s when Jimmy Nail was successful with the detective show Spender we sang a song abusing that while the Newcastle fans sang one calling Inspector Morse a w****r.

One of my favourite things in the 1970s was a male police officer with a female one walking along in front of the London Road and being serenaded with “Does she take it in the mouth” and the male officer winking and the female one smiling in response.

Those were the days - just good clean fun all round. None of today’s minority of woke idiots thinking they can decide for everyone what is offensive and gets cancelled.

One of my favourite things in the 1970s was a male police officer with a female one walking along in front of the London Road and being serenaded with “Does she take it in the mouth” and the male officer winking and the female one smiling in response.

Those were the days - just good clean fun all round. None of today’s minority of woke idiots thinking they can decide for everyone what is offensive and gets cancelled.
Yeah women love that sort of comment, I’m surprised you’ve never met any if you’re that old.

Yeah women love that sort of comment, I’m surprised you’ve never met any if you’re that old.
Yeah bring back the good old days when spectators were almost exclusively male when there were more tickets for men who go to games to get a bit of peace.

Not had chance to read all this thread as had busy week, but my favourite ever chant at the Manor was when someone threw a coin from the London Road and it caught the GK on the back of his head (can’t remember the opposition)

He was ok to continue but from behind the goal the chant of “Goalie Goalie Heads or Tails” was just one I vividly remember for the sheer quick witted comedy!

Roger Hansbury.............. when he was playing for Burnley. :)

In the mid 70's, we had signed John Milkins ,a veteran keeper from Pompey. He was supposed to replace Roy Burton, but was way past his best. As Milkins prepared to take a goal kick, an old boy from the London Road shouted out ..'Go on John, show them what you're made of....but don't step in it'.

Back
Top Bottom