Nile Ranger

Is this a whoosh comment or genuine comment?
latest

It’s also sexist, ageist,

To be fair your reply is anything but. If Nile Ranger is looking for redemption then he needs to start that process back in his own neighbourhood working with kids who will end up like him if he doesn't teach them that his way is/was wrong. He's done absolutely nothing in his life so far to have the privilege of putting on a shirt for Oxford United.

Re fairness, perhaps.

On Ranger; I can see no footballing reason to to employ him.

This spares me the complex moral consideration of 'another chance vs not at my club', which admittedly leaves me hopelessly conflicted.

I can't believe anyone is seriously entertaining having this guy anywhere near our club.
None of us know the guy personally, but looking at his rap sheet...if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's probably a duck!
I totally agree Berliner but I will I go along with what KR has said, if he turns up on time if he keeps his nose clean if he’s not a disruption to the rest but f OUFC if he’s given a chance and say when he is fit enough and Robbo decides to give him his very last chance with a contract up to the end of the season, with a a clause installed in it stating one thing no matter how small he’s out nonpay off out. If he can abide by those rules and do us good ifnkd when he plays for us and does what KR says he is which is to score goals as he is one of the best strikers in the lower league, then fare enough.
Not a lot to ask consideration his past.

Fare enough but what was your thinking in Luke Mcormack
I genuinely believe people can make mistakes, serve their time, show remorse and make amends.

Ranger' list of convictions is that of a man that does not give a s**t and I am incredibly disappointed the club have allowed him to even train with us.

Robinson stating he would have to do a lot of work in the community is codswallop. No organisation in their right mind would allow him near their more vulnerable members of the community and it would not be of his own volition.

I genuinely believe people can make mistakes, serve their time, show remorse and make amends.

Ranger' list of convictions is that of a man that does not give a s**t and I am incredibly disappointed the club have allowed him to even train with us.

Robinson stating he would have to do a lot of work in the community is codswallop. No organisation in their right mind would allow him near their more vulnerable members of the community and it would not be of his own volition.

But it was alright for a drunk driver who killed 2 children and permanently disabled another person to play for us, as it gave him a chance. If and it is a big if Ranger can put all the s**t that has happened behind him for good and do what he is capable of doing.....then why not? Although one error and its bye bye

sound track for this, now 8 page thread.... slice of 70s soul funk from Johnny Guitar Watson , who dont wanna be ....like a lone ranger ;):cool::cool:

But it was alright for a drunk driver who killed 2 children and permanently disabled another person to play for us, as it gave him a chance. If and it is a big if Ranger can put all the s**t that has happened behind him for good and do what he is capable of doing.....then why not? Although one error and its bye bye
Did you read my post?

I get what you and others are saying about the caveat that he gets shown the door the minute he steps out of line but how about this for a scenario: We have a massive game on the Saturday that we need to win. Good old Mr Ranger has trained well in the week and is a definite starter. Then the demons reappear and he decides to skip training on the Friday..

Surely we need players we can rely on. It’s a bit like having a striker with a dodgy hamstring that could give out at any minute. It could leave us in the lurch at an important time. So could he..

We need a striker and his record on this alone suggests he's not good enough. If we're going to give anyone a decent chance how about Smith gets some decent minutes, twenty not two when Mackie's been blowing for twenty anyway. I think there's a decent striker striving to get out with Smith.

We need a striker and his record on this alone suggests he's not good enough. If we're going to give anyone a decent chance how about Smith gets some decent minutes, twenty not two when Mackie's been blowing for twenty anyway. I think there's a decent striker striving to get out with Smith.
I agree but when he has played for longer than 2 minutes apart from scoring against a Fulham u23 he hasn’t really managed it, so it’s bit of a quandary

Surely we need players we can rely on. It’s a bit like having a striker with a dodgy hamstring that could give out at any minute. It could leave us in the lurch at an important time. So could he..

Also known as the "Jon-Paul Pittman Quandary"...I think I read about it in The Lancet.

Back
Top Bottom