General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was always going to be this way, they “win” the vote but we point out how low the turnout is, those who don’t vote count on the side of the stadium going ahead.

They needed 51% of the eligible voters to back them to strengthen their case, they have got no where near that.
Exactly

But they really can’t. They needed a high turnout tonight for their poll to carry any weight at all. They cannot claim that local residents are against it when they can’t be bothered to vote.
No they really can’t, but they will do anything to make it Look in their favour.

In fact, If say 20% have voted no and the council go with that then the council are basically saying that they will allow any minority vote from a neighbouring area (the triangle isn’t in Kidlington Parish) to stop any building project, nothing will be built in Oxfordshire at that rate, it would set a ridiculous precedent.

I think so too. ‘No’ will ‘win’ but the turnout will be pitiful. I hope it’s disclosed what that is because it’ll be one for us to use rather than them.

If you’re a Kidlington resident who is ambivalent about the project or wants more information, why would you bother going out to vote? There’s no ‘cautiously neutral’ option (ahem). If you cared either way and this vote is non-binding, again why go out? If it pisses it down with rain on the 10th, again fewer people will go out to vote. The poll is only open for a few hours as well.

I’d be surprised if there are even 300 votes cast overall.

I mean aside from being way out with the numbers, I was fairly spot on with this.

The result doesn’t matter too much really since even if yes wins it’s such a tragic turnout.

That's a really poor turnout. That just shows the worse case scenario is 3 of out of 10 people in Kidlington don't want the stadium. Obviously once the result comes in it will be less than 3. FOSB and Middleton's claims the general consensus of the residents of the village of Kidlington is they don't want the stadium are being proved incorrect here.

That's a really poor turnout. That just shows the worse case scenario is 3 of out of 10 people in Kidlington don't want the stadium. Obviously once the result comes in it will be less than 3. FOSB and Middleton's claims the general consensus of the residents of the village of Kidlington is they don't want the stadium are being proved incorrect here.

Correct. Regardless of the result the majority clearly haven't seen or heard enough to actively want to make a decision either way.

A complete waste of time and money.

Personally think Oxford fans should boycott these polls as this make the results even more meaningless.
Great point. Why didn't you make it before?! Our message could've been 'don't waste your time on this non-binding poll. We haven't even seen the plans yet'.

Less than 30% of the village bothered to turn out and vote no. We already have proof residents of Kidlington who do not want the stadium are a MINORITY.

FOSB truly shot themselves in the foot with this vote.

Time to get that stadium built and let the MAJORITY of Kidlington residents reap the community benefits from the new stadium they want nearby.

Less than 30% of the village bothered to turn out and vote no. We already have proof residents of Kidlington who do not want the stadium are a MINORITY.

FOSB truly shot themselves in the foot with this vote.

Time to get that stadium built and let the MAJORITY of Kidlington residents reap the community benefits from the new stadium they want nearby.

Grab a spade and a torch and let’s get cracking.

Great point. Why didn't you make it before?! Our message could've been 'don't waste your time on this non-binding poll. We haven't even seen the plans yet'.
Yeah good point, I've thought it for a while, it's a commonly used tactic. I guess I don't feel massively strongly about the vote taking place and secondly I don't think me making a point on here is going to have any type of impact on it!

This turnout not only invalidates this poll, but future polls too.

Imagine a group who have said that all bar one of them live in Kidlington (apparently), turning up at Gosford & Water Eaton Parish Council and expecting them to spend a big chunk of their budget on another bullshit poll?

We should now draw a line under this nonsense and move on to planning our amazing new home - The Middleton Manor!!!

So they 2073 people who live in a village of 15,000 are against the building of a football stadium near by, if that’s all they can get out then it’s not exactly overwhelming opposition is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom