EPL New stadium lease signed (Misleading title for humorous effect)

'Kilmarnock bus station'.

Sounds impossibly exotic.

I was on a bus out of BBL back in the 90s, just before the flyover on Barnes Rd it was pelted with bricks, rocks, and other detritus. Couple of windows were broken.

The weirdest bit was that the driver pulled over shortly afterwards and came upstairs and gave everyone on the top deck a rather confusing bollocking. Adrenaline I suppose.
Presumably because you didn’t fight back ...

How does it work for all the other football clubs then? They seem to have a takeover and the stadium always staying with the club not transfered to the new owners?
Depends on the objective of the owner. To make as much money as possible for themselves in the shortest time possible or to run a successful club.

We may not be the only EFL team paying £1m plus to play in our home stadium - we might even be in the same division!
I have been aware of this for years, ever since BRUM were listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange. It has a hugely inflated valuation of roughly 300 million GBP.

There are a lot of red flags, and this current event doesnt surprise me.

I might be wrong not 100% sure but wasn’t it said that tiger and his backers were trying to do something similar at reading when in charge trying to charge them rent for a stadium that the club previously owned as I say not 100% but sure I read that somewhere

'Kilmarnock bus station'.

Sounds impossibly exotic.

I was on a bus out of BBL back in the 90s, just before the flyover on Barnes Rd it was pelted with bricks, rocks, and other detritus. Couple of windows were broken.

The weirdest bit was that the driver pulled over shortly afterwards and came upstairs and gave everyone on the top deck a rather confusing bollocking. Adrenaline I suppose.
Kilmarnock is a bit like Swindon , while Ayr’s ground is reminiscent of a less extensive Manor

I might be wrong not 100% sure but wasn’t it said that tiger and his backers were trying to do something similar at reading when in charge trying to charge them rent for a stadium that the club previously owned as I say not 100% but sure I read that somewhere
The main thing Tiger and chums did that caused quite a lot of upset was take all the land from around the stadium and sell / develop it for their own gain. Bit like what Kassam did after we moved by taking all the hotel / Bowlplex assets for himself when it was meant to be ours. One of those situations where legally someone is totally justified in doing whatever they want with the things that they own, but morally it’s theft and exploitation.

They may have also charged the club rent to play at the stadium on top of that, I can’t quite remember, but I know that regardless they did a bit of a number on them overall.

Best possible solution would be oxford city council/cherwell or even Oxfordshire County Council to own it, then we have a 99 year lease on the stadium.

Best possible solution would be oxford city council/cherwell or even Oxfordshire County Council to own it, then we have a 99 year lease on the stadium.
Totally agree. Particularly in areas where the value of land has shot up over the last few decades.

This is crazy. Birmingham should move out, maybe share with Villa for the time being.
Then Coventry could properly move to St Andrews, that would sort out their problems.
Then maybe we move into the Ricoh if we can't sort ourselves out.
Failing that, we all groundshare at Northampton.

This is crazy. Birmingham should move out, maybe share with Villa for the time being.
Then Coventry could properly move to St Andrews, that would sort out their problems.
Then maybe we move into the Ricoh if we can't sort ourselves out.
Failing that, we all groundshare at Northampton.

Falls at the last hurdle I'm afraid.

Northampton would need to have a ground, they don't, they have Sixfields.

Back
Top Bottom