League One New Plough Lane Stadium

And why would that be, what a ridiculous comment? Looks like you might be supporting the wrong club.
They are upset that their club was moved away from under them. I was upset that Maxwell wanted to move the club out from under me, that is why I was on the pitch v Wigan. Not sure why you think them being upset by having their club taken from them is a bad thing.

Someone can have sympathy for other fans situation without supporting them.

They gave up on their club way before it was taken from them. They created the problem that needed a solution. They’d have been busy either way. 23 fans to Liverpool! 😂

Also as someone who lived in that area don’t underestimate what an obnoxious self important bunch of fans they are. The good news is that they way they’ve built that stadium with flats around them they’ve permanently restricted their potential

My thought was it isn't quite finished so that end and a section of the other end still have to have their seats put in. They don't have to rush to get it done at least. :(

A Wimbledon fan has corrected this elsewhere when I asked the question and the home end will be rail seating when finished and the away end seating isn't quite finished.

They are upset that their club was moved away from under them. I was upset that Maxwell wanted to move the club out from under me, that is why I was on the pitch v Wigan. Not sure why you think them being upset by having their club taken from them is a bad thing.

Someone can have sympathy for other fans situation without supporting them.
I despise MK Dons, they bought a league place and that is the general thinking of right minded football fans. As Ricky Otto says, many Wimbledon fans had given up long before the Dons bought the 'franchise' - the formation of AFC brought fans back into the fold and restored a sense of community that had disappeared years before. They have a fan owned club, a new ground and they have their 'history' back.

And yet, they are constantly looking back, revelling in some misguided underdog status - yes, hate the Dons but move on be proud off what you've become. The abuse thrown at anyone with a Dons connection - even Jamie Mackie - is tedious and needlessly obsessive. I live in an area with lots of AFC fans (I'd like to say'thronging' but they don't have enough fans to throng) and they really are a self-righteous bunch looking down their noses at everybody in the division. They act like a non-league club. I was at a food-bank during the summer being run by AFC fans (didn't realise when I set out!)- I was wearing an Oxford shirt and copped a whole bunch of Robinson related abuse but not in any humorous or self-deprecating manner.

As for the Kingstonians link and as the bloke said himself, he was voicing a minority view and one seemingly based on wanting the club to be closer to his house in Chessington! Wimbledon didn't do anything altruistic - they gave the K's money to say 'look how respectful we are', marched in and located themselves in the middle of someone else's borough.

If that weren't enough, a few years of paying top dollar to barely be able to see the pitch and the crap football they play has pushed me over the edge.

Back
Top Bottom