More issues?

N
He posted at half 1 this morning to say it was 100% true that players hadn't been paid! You also have connections at the club, so do you think it was true at the time this was posted?

I genuinely don't think there was any malicious intent from Junior, just that he got the wrong end of the stick. He obviously felt that it was important enough to share but fortunately there's no truth in it (nor is there anything to say that payments were staggered throughout the day).

Hopefully we can move forward, get the players in and focus on the football very soon!

No I think everyone got paid by month end

Am I right in thinking that the wages were NOT paid late and there was no players meeting about wages planned (I assume that the players regularly have meetings)?

That is certainly my understanding of events.

I’m not sure you can really be called a ‘fan’ of a club if you post negative, unconfirmed information about it in the public domain...

I work in the Prison Service and try (as best as I can) to control my usage of social media. Whilst I can put secure on Facebook etc, I have less control of information on a forum. It is for that reason alone that I use a user name. Some know who I same, some don't. However, that in itself has little impact on the validity of what I post.

I don't pretend to be in the know, I get to hear about the general feel around the club and often only seek information when countering information such as that posted yesterday.

I fully accept that you're in a good position to identify possible signings, and you were right on the two names mentioned. But you also get other things wrong including the mutual seating zone for Sunderland which was never an option.

On this matter you dropped a hint that things weren't good and drip fed further information over a few hours. You then said in the early hours of this morning that players hadn't been paid, that this was 100% true and that there was a meeting scheduled for today in Portugal. Now, I don't know when players were paid, but if it was late it wasn't so late that most noticed let alone had any concerns about. To my knowledge, no meeting was planned or will take place in Portugal. And this information was known to me at the same time as you were saying the opposite was true.

Well it does. You are hiding behind a username posting as an anon asking people to believe you. When it’s worth knowing I post. It’s from someone close to the club who “feeds” who knows their intentions but it’s all correct as hard as that maybe to accept. Maybe the local newspaper could ask direct someone from the club about it as presently, certain players, are pissed off about not being paid.

Well it does. You are hiding behind a username posting as an anon asking people to believe you. When it’s worth knowing I post. It’s from someone close to the club who “feeds” who knows their intentions but it’s all correct as hard as that maybe to accept. Maybe the local newspaper could ask direct someone from the club about it as presently, certain players, are pissed off about not being paid.

While we wait for this one to clear up maybe u could explain the mutual zone panic ? Massive sales in block 1 wasn’t it, club risking mass disorder , how can the club, police and sag allow it. Club will look silly when fighting breaks out, just to take a few extra pound.

All from I presume the same source.

Reality = area was only sold to oufc fans only , and the advanced numbers were due to u18 players families coming to watch them collect their winners medals and lift the trophy.

And what about all the local companies not being paid who were really pissed off, turning off the hot water and repossessing the mowers ? Where did they go, did they not think the several WUP’s were the perfect opportunity to piggy back and get their money? Didn’t they consider the bbc oxford and mail articles a good opportunity to mention their anger and disappointment ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, have we established that those people who at 0130 yesterday were under the impression that they had or were not going to be paid, WERE paid by close of play yesterday?
Also, have we established HOW Junior found out about this particular situation AT 0130 yesterday morning?

While we wait for this one to clear up maybe u could explain the mutual zone panic ? Massive sales in block 1 wasn’t it, club risking mass disorder , how can the club, police and sag allow it. Club will look silly when fighting breaks out, just to take a few extra pound.

All from I presume the same source.

Reality = area was only sold to oufc fans only , and the advanced numbers were due to u18 players families coming to watch them them collect their winners medals and lift the trophy.

And what about all the local companies not being paid who were really pissed off, turning off the hot water and repossessing the mowers ? Where did they go, did they not think the several WUP’s were the perfect opportunity to piggy back and get their money? Didn’t they consider the bbc oxford and mail articles a good opportunity to mention their anger and disappointment ?

Do you really want me to screen shot who sent me the info re Sunderland, in turn, risking that persons job at Oufc? If it shuts you up, I’m more than happy too. Just say. It’s all saved.

Dunno about the rest, don’t recall talking about that.

And no, different info from 3 different people. Infact, given your previous position within Oxvox, I’d suggest you one of them very well!!

The mutual zone thing always confused me a little - maybe that's due to my lack of understanding - I thought if an attendance was over a certain number segregation had to be in place by law? Certainly don't see how you could potentially circumvent putting one in place by labelling it a mutual zone? ?

Maybe @PC956S could share his expertise and also comment on whether discussions took place between the club and police about such a thing last season? Ta.

And no, different info from 3 different people. Infact, given your previous position within Oxvox, I’d suggest you one of them very well!!

That’s not the point I’m making, I’d suggest that both on that occasion and this, the info given to u has been a partial truth. Are you being fed it wrong deliberately? are ur miss understanding Chinese whispers? I don’t know, but maybe take a step back, try verifying that info before posting, it might stop u looking silly and any damage being done to the club.

As for my previous position, I don’t know if u mean I know someone very well or I know very well I’m one of them, but I can assure u I know far far more than I ever feel the need to put on a public forum. I really don’t give a s**t if people think I’m in the know or not, nor do I feel the need to prove myself reliable by giving away details the club try to keep quiet for their benefit.

So, have we established that those people who at 0130 yesterday were under the impression that they had or were not going to be paid, WERE paid by close of play yesterday?
Also, have we established HOW Junior found out about this particular situation AT 0130 yesterday morning?

Presumably they were expecting their wages to go in at midnight as usual and they werent there. Thankfully it would seem they were in by end of the day which is great.
But having been in this situation with a company ( who went bankrupt eventually) its not good the mortgage company dont wait till the end of the day to take their payment. And its the not knowing thats the worst if you cant pay someones wages on time when they expect it f*****g say so shambles

Presumably they were expecting their wages to go in at midnight as usual and they werent there. Thankfully it would seem they were in by end of the day which is great.
But having been in this situation with a company ( who went bankrupt eventually) its not good the mortgage company dont wait till the end of the day to take their payment. And its the not knowing thats the worst if you cant pay someones wages on time when they expect it f*****g say so shambles

You know that they wernt told then?

Back
Top Bottom