Manager/Coach Moment of Truth Podcast

Not sure I’ve got the stamina to listen to KR in 45 minute chunks! That was interesting but … bloody hell. (Am I the only one to skip the millers episode?)

Not sure I’ve got the stamina to listen to KR in 45 minute chunks! That was interesting but … bloody hell. (Am I the only one to skip the millers episode?)
I'm on episode 5 (the joys of working from home!). I haven't skipped the Rotherham episodes. In fact, I've quite enjoyed listening to it without the emotion attached. I think Paul Warne comes across very well.

Can everyone else only listen to the first 5 episodes so far? How often are they being released?

Looking forward to behind the scenes episode 6. ‘The wind and rain of Morecambe.’ Horror movie no doubt.
Excellent series, both managers extremely characterful and grounded.

I know what you mean, only listened to first two so far but I enjoyed the Paul Warne episode far more. Quite funny in places and a lot more coherent so give it a go!
Not sure if it was the editing or not but most of Karl’s was about the psychological aspect.

I know what you mean, only listened to first two so far but I enjoyed the Paul Warne episode far more. Quite funny in places and a lot more coherent so give it a go!
Not sure if it was the editing or not but most of Karl’s was about the psychological aspect.
Yeah, I’ve had a listen to them all now and enjoyed listening to warne - especially his concerns when giving players bad news.
With kr I just wish he’d learn to finish explaining one idea before moving on to the next one.

I’ve enjoyed the first batch of episodes. Warne is an odd one in that I’ve really enjoyed listening to the direct interviews he gave. But on the flip side I found him quite unlikeable in almost every player interaction they aired.

KR came across…pretty much like KR always comes across. Some of his prattling was a little too David Brent-esque for my liking, and goodness me does he like to talk, but you never once felt like he didn’t care greatly. The way he discussed Joey’s funeral in Ep 4 was as emotive, poignant and commendable as every other interview he gave at that dreadful time.

Looking forward to the next batch of episodes, if for slightly morbid reasons (from an OUFC perspective) as it seems like we’ll see lots of focus on the week that absolutely murdered our season (Plymouth/Morecambe/Sunderland)…

I'm on episode 5 (the joys of working from home!). I haven't skipped the Rotherham episodes. In fact, I've quite enjoyed listening to it without the emotion attached. I think Paul Warne comes across very well.
Where are the 5-episoders listening? Spotify only has the first two

Can everyone else only listen to the first 5 episodes so far? How often are they being released?
Every Thursday according to Simon Clancy.

Interestingly only BBC Sounds (download the app) you can listen to episodes in batches of five. Spotify and Apple Podcasts appear to be one released weekly.

I’ve enjoyed the first batch of episodes. Warne is an odd one in that I’ve really enjoyed listening to the direct interviews he gave. But on the flip side I found him quite unlikeable in almost every player interaction they aired.

KR came across…pretty much like KR always comes across. Some of his prattling was a little too David Brent-esque for my liking, and goodness me does he like to talk, but you never once felt like he didn’t care greatly. The way he discussed Joey’s funeral in Ep 4 was as emotive, poignant and commendable as every other interview he gave at that dreadful time.

Looking forward to the next batch of episodes, if for slightly morbid reasons (from an OUFC perspective) as it seems like we’ll see lots of focus on the week that absolutely murdered our season (Plymouth/Morecambe/Sunderland)…
In comparison to a lot of managers, Paul Warne wasn't bad and came across well. He does have a tendency to talk at people when delivering his message, though I don't sense that was in any way deliberate. Simply a lack of appropriate skills and insecurity which he alluded to later.

I think the new breed of managers are definitely improving yet it's no secret that a lot of managers don't have the necessary tools relative to the status and seniority of what the position brings. It's a heck of a job and a reason where I think Mark Warburton for a time was so successful transitioning from stock brokering to the game from a communication, motivational and management standpoint.

I've found communication skills from mid-level sales people to be more effective than a lot of football managers. Some of them can be utterly uninspiring so PW and KR are likely two of the more entertaining managers to listen to (whether good or not!).

This is the Rotherham fans talking about it. A lot of them have a much greater appreciation for Karl, I guess he must come across as more of a Steve Evans type to other fans than I realised!
My god they still make forum software like that? Wow, like being back in the early 90s. You lot have it good here.

Next 5 are up. Really enjoyed listening to Karl for the Morecambe game (despite the PTSD from remembering the game again).

I certainly think Robinson comes across well in it so far.

The biggest shock for me is that people actually send him death threats after a defeat!!

Back
Top Bottom