Manager/Coach Moment of Truth Podcast

Sounds interesting. Warne throws out even more F words than KR!

They played some clips from it yesterday on 606 and it provides a really interesting insight into Karl's mindset and the work of the psychotherapist at the club. It kind of seems like the radio version of All or Nothing.

The clip with him and Gary Bloom worried me a bit, and probably adds to the claims about him doing too much around the club.

Just seems like he doesn't stop, and is always switched onto football, and I do worry that he might have periods of the season where he gets burnout, managerially.

BBC can be a bit of a pain when releasing podcasts. The first episode was supposedly going out this morning.

Nothing released yet.

BBC can be a bit of a pain when releasing podcasts. The first episode was supposedly going out this morning.

Nothing released yet.
Simon Clancy has just replied to someone on twitter saying it will be out later in the week!

Strange that it still hasn’t been released yet considering it was meant to be out on Monday.

I’ve literally just spoken to Karl at the Velocity and he says that sky are trying to stop the release of the podcast because they deemed it to reflect badly on them.
I think it reflects badly on both managers.
On one hand we are asked to modify the use of bad language and abuse on the terraces,yet, based upon the preview, the f word is the top word used throughout .

On one hand we are asked to modify the use of bad language and abuse on the terraces,yet, based upon the preview, the f word is the top word used throughout .

giphy.gif

Don’t have to listen if u don’t want to?

When the pressure is on in any game let alone chasing promotion or the playoffs, how and what is a manager supposed to say?

“oh deary me lads that was a shame you played so badly, perhaps next time you could all do a teeny weeny bit better? Run along now, there’s good boys!”

It’s a real life situation and the idea is to capture that emotion, passion and true goings on! They could put some bleepers in I guess but I hope not. People swear all the time and to be honest half the kids know more swear words than the adults!

I made a series of documentaries for a non league club this season

They did not like the language even though it was under 19s doing it, it was audible to anyone who was at the game, and the people complaining use that language themselves. I had to edit it all out, which left naff all content.

Back
Top Bottom