Best Moment Ever

5-5 at the manor. Take a bow Chrissy Allen.
Game over at 2-5. Ground emptying rapidly.
5-3. 5-4. 5-5.
The thought of Jim Smith doing his nut in the changing room after had me crying with laughter well past the white horse.

Dean Windass putting us 1-0 up early in the second half against a top of the premiership Chelsea side, in the. FA Cup 4th round 1999. The atmosphere was electric that night. And played out of our skins. Shame Mr Reid insisted on 6 minutes of injury time

Another one that sticks in the mind as a great moment was Beano, getting a last minute winner against I think Wrexham. It kept the playoff hopes alive for another week, after the we'd been deducted points after the fax machine saga.
The last two FA cup runs have been pretty special too. Particularly Swansea, Newcastle and the Middlesbrough comeback. Probably the best side we've had in a quarter of a century!!

In terms of the best single moment ever, it’d have to be Potter’s goal at Wembley for me. Once that when I’m we knew we were finally out of that tinpot league and were ‘back’.

My favourite match has to be 2-0 home win over Swindon, especially after Beano got sent off. After the match, my Dad and I drove past the Swindon team bus and put up our fingers to show ‘2-0’, and ol’ Di Canio himself gave us the middle finger in return! Bloody fantastic!

Potter’s goal = number one. Sheer joy/relief.
Winning the league cup (more specifically the third goal. Knowing we’d won).
Winning 4-1 at Stamford Bridge in the old first division. Chelsea would have gone top. Getting battered after having the cheek to go 2-1 up then scoring two late goals.

Beating Chelsea in FA CUP Jan'91 3-1 @ Stamford Bridge. In the Shed End due to weather. Horton as manager. In front of 14,500. Big club Chelsea!

Back
Top Bottom