General Modern Football: Is It Just Boring?

Bloody right. Although the amount of times recently that Mrs M and myself have been amongst the oldest people in the crowd is becoming depressingly regular.
It happens. I was disappointed to clearly be one of the oldies at a foo fighters gig a couple of weeks ago. We’ll see how it is at mogwai next month.

It happens. I was disappointed to clearly be one of the oldies at a foo fighters gig a couple of weeks ago. We’ll see how it is at mogwai next month.
Mogwai. Great band. One of the loudest gigs I’ve ever been to, the loudest being sunn O)))

People in the crowd at both gigs were literally passing out 😂

Mogwai. Great band. One of the loudest gigs I’ve ever been to, the loudest being sunn O)))

People in the crowd at both gigs were literally passing out 😂
I once went to a gig (Northampton Roadmenders) where all but the hardiest souls abandoned the main hall and were listening from the foyer! Thankfully the sound man noticed fairly (but not very!) quickly and remembered where the master volume control was. It was (probably literally) deafening.

Not Bono?
I have a theory that quite a lot of bands are OK apart from their small annoying singers - U2 and the Who being prime examples. Liam Gallagher is ok for me, he’s a cocky t**t but it works in the context of the band.

PS and the Police, though I’m not sure Sting is small.

I have a theory that quite a lot of bands are OK apart from their small annoying singers - U2 and the Who being prime examples. Liam Gallagher is ok for me, he’s a cocky t**t but it works in the context of the band.

PS and the Police, though I’m not sure Sting is small.
Ah, The Police. The Coldplay of the 70s

Back
Top Bottom