General May you live in interesting times.

Yellow River

‘May you live in interesting times’

I’m not sure if this is phrase/proverb is a blessing or a curse, but it certainly feels to me at least, just now, we are definitely living in interesting times.

Brexit, Covid, Lockdowns, War in Europe, Energy Crisis, and now the death of our longest serving head of state.

These national/international events impact us all, there will be other more personal things in our lives too that have a great affect on our lives, but it does feel like it‘s one thing after the other at this moment in time.

Perhaps if we live long enough every generation will live in an interesting time? Is this is our time?

‘May you live in interesting times’

I’m not sure if this is phrase/proverb is a blessing or a curse, but it certainly feels to me at least, just now, we are definitely living in interesting times.

Brexit, Covid, Lockdowns, War in Europe, Energy Crisis, and now the death of our longest serving head of state.

These national/international events impact us all, there will be other more personal things in our lives too that have a great affect on our lives, but it does feel like it‘s one thing after the other at this moment in time.

Perhaps if we live long enough every generation will live in an interesting time? Is this is our time?
C'est la vie

I am up for a bit of boredom, broken up by a promotion to the championship, that’s enough excitement for me.

I suppose you can’t really include the death of the Queen in this though, she was 96, as sad as it is it was always happening some time soon.

I would probably stretch it back a little further and wider and include the Scottish Referendum which opened up divisional scars within the UK.
American politics of the last 7 years.
The rise of Social Media over the last 10 years, which has its hand on all of these events.
The starting gun for nearly all listed (barring covid) was the 2008 financial crash.
And that’s before you mention climate change.

I would probably stretch it back a little further and wider and include the Scottish Referendum which opened up divisional scars within the UK.
American politics of the last 7 years.
The rise of Social Media over the last 10 years, which has its hand on all of these events.
The starting gun for nearly all listed (barring covid) was the 2008 financial crash.
And that’s before you mention climate change.
I'd take it all back to 9/11 ...

Back
Top Bottom