National News May resigning!

Don't think so as they are terrified of Corbyn succeeding as they could be squeezed both ways with Farage/Brexit Party taking from one side and Lib Dems the other. Labour will be squeezed a bit by the Brexit Party but I don't think it will have the same level of effect. Labour will get wiped out in Scotland though.

Personally I think a GE would lead to nobody having a majority and we are in coalition time again. Who that is I don't know and I suspect little will change in terms of the Brexit equation in Parliament.

What about if Boris gives Nigel a call and says we want to do a coalition with the Brexit Party? So we get this over the line. Sounds good to me!

If we are going to get anywhere with Brexitvwe need a leader who supports it.
Jacob Rees Mogg for me would be an ideal candidate.

I don’t think Nigel would be interested.
The Conservatives look to have had their day

What about if Boris gives Nigel a call and says we want to do a coalition with the Brexit Party? So we get this over the line. Sounds good to me!

He could well do if one is the biggest party in Parliament. As I say I don't know who would be in a position to form a coalition. That said, I still don't think the parliamentary arithmetic will change in terms of Brexit.

If we are going to get anywhere with Brexitvwe need a leader who supports it.
Jacob Rees Mogg for me would be an ideal candidate.
Perhaps if liar in chief for the "Leave" campaign had actually had the balls to step up to the plate when his plan to lose the referendum with a decent level of support in order to manouevre himself into a stronger position backfired when too many people believed his bullsh#t, then he might have gained an ounce of credibility, but to grab hold of a bad situation created by Cameron and then make it worse for his end, and then bottle out completely and then just witter from the sidelines has, for me, positioned young Boris as arguably the biggest villain of this entire debacle.

Perhaps if liar in chief for the "Leave" campaign had actually had the balls to step up to the plate when his plan to lose the referendum with a decent level of support in order to manouevre himself into a stronger position backfired when too many people believed his bullsh#t, then he might have gained an ounce of credibility, but to grab hold of a bad situation created by Cameron and then make it worse for his end, and then bottle out completely and then just witter from the sidelines has, for me, positioned young Boris as arguably the biggest villain of this entire debacle.

Boris or Jacob?

I don't make a distinction but some will.

Possibly to a small degree but austerity has been an active and dogmatic Tory policy (that has affected Education/NHS/Councils) which she today proudly suggested was a success.

Also, her Govt have had the time to push the policy that pushes Schools into Academy's which has reduced parents/Authorities/Ofsted oversight/Governance which has contributed to the mess.
the former Wheatley Park school pupil continued with Cameron & Osbournes austerity cuts too, results of which are in this report ......

It's sad, but strangely inevitable. She got lost in the fog of politics and simply was not adept enough to get out of it. Maybot simply did not understand banging her head on the brick wall was never going to make a breakthrough.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Better call Bill Beaumont for that one

Expect Workhouses as a main Tory Party policy to be introduced.
Insipid anti-upskirter Chope at his deceitful tory best .... TODAY

Insipid anti-upskirter Chope at his deceitful tory best .... TODAY
Good grief - patients shouldn't even have to pay for parking, let alone their treatment!

Honestly, I'm not sure that anyone would've been able to play the hand that May was dealt - Brexit to deliver, but a parliament (and party) that was hopelessly divided on the issue.

But she first made a horrible tactical decision that lost her the Conservative majority, and then since then she's shown no real ability to lead. A better politician might have had a shot at persuading, harassing, cajoling and imposing her will on wavering MPs to get her deal through. May never got close.

Lord knows what's going to happen next.
If it is Boris, then he's going to lose a bunch more Tory MPs to Change UK or independence. There's many that despise him and wouldn't work under him. And the EU despises him as well.....hard to see them supporting him, or making further concessions.
Suspect he'd be obliged to head down the No Deal path because there's no other realistic option for him as leader - and the parliamentary meltdown if he does that will be something to behold.

Hard to see us getting to the end of 2019 without another General Election one way or another......

Hunt is probably the best of a bad bunch. He’s done a reasonably good job as FS after Boris did a poor one
He’s a good communicator too

Hunt is probably the best of a bad bunch. He’s done a reasonably good job as FS after Boris did a poor one
He’s a good communicator too
As Health Secretary he was generally seen as an unwelcome visitor at hospitals. Blocked a lot of the chances to improve pay and kept insisting on changes to the pay structure without showing the slightest understanding of how low the pay of the majority of NHS staff was and how difficult it was to recruit staff at those levels.
A very unpleasant and smarmy t**t.

Honestly, I'm not sure that anyone would've been able to play the hand that May was dealt - Brexit to deliver, but a parliament (and party) that was hopelessly divided on the issue.

But she first made a horrible tactical decision that lost her the Conservative majority, and then since then she's shown no real ability to lead. A better politician might have had a shot at persuading, harassing, cajoling and imposing her will on wavering MPs to get her deal through. May never got close.

Lord knows what's going to happen next.
If it is Boris, then he's going to lose a bunch more Tory MPs to Change UK or independence. There's many that despise him and wouldn't work under him. And the EU despises him as well.....hard to see them supporting him, or making further concessions.
Suspect he'd be obliged to head down the No Deal path because there's no other realistic option for him as leader - and the parliamentary meltdown if he does that will be something to behold.

Hard to see us getting to the end of 2019 without another General Election one way or another......

If the Tory parliamentary party despises Boris so much then he won’t get enough votes from the MPs to make the final two.

If he does make the final two then the grass root Tories are likely to vote him as leader.

Out of this sorry bunch I’d probably choose Goves, not that I particularly like him but he would tear Corbyn to pieces at PM questions.

Back
Top Bottom