National News May resigning!

I thought that was an odd thing for her to say when I heard her resignation speech (as little seems to have actually happened) but put it down to my own ignorance of all the progress that had been made - obviously not!

Also Esther McVey is full on loon, apparently she is going to ignore Parliament as well based on here comments and she must be going to invent all the technology required for an "invisible" border!

Ms McVey, the former work and pensions secretary, told Sky's Sophy Ridge on Sunday that the UK must start preparing for a no-deal exit straight away.
"We won't be asking for any more extensions," she said.

"If Europe wants to come back to us, the door is open if they want a better deal. Time is limited, we have to make sure we are ready to leave."
Ms McVey also claimed there would be no hard border on the island of Ireland under a no-deal Brexit, saying it would be "invisible".

"There will be an invisible border, the technology already exists to be able to put that in place," she added.
However, a Home Office document leaked last month suggested that any such technical solution could be more than a decade away.

How Dare Corbyn demand a General Election! Conservatives should be able to change the Prime Minister without the public having a vote on the matter. It's not as if we want any of those dangerous democratic ideas. The rot started with the Reform Act in 1832. As for giving the vote to the working classes and women....
thing is he won't really have to demand. As the Tories don't have a majority they would probably struggle to win an investiture vote. They have already spent over a billion getting propped up by the DUP, imagine what it would cost next time (and that is if they even have enough with them given how many Tories are defecting. If the incoming Tory leader can't win that then won't be PM, and there would have to be a general election.

I bet Corbyn's demand for a 2nd GE goes a bit quiet after last night. Equally, the Tories have to see what the results last night brought them and perhaps compromise on what they think to either remain electable or not.

I'd love to know what the results would have been had Thursday been a GE instead of a Euro Vote....
Many people would resort to type and vote Tory/Labour regardless // Fisrt past the post would render hundreds of constituencies foregone conclusions even if the incumbent were unearthed as Jack the Ripper // The Lib Dems would probably take back their traditional close battles that they lost after the coalition // the greens would poll better but just keep their one seat // Farage & Co would probably poll well, but not get more than a couple of seats (if any) // then everyone would claim it was a victory for themselves, their party, and their view of Brexit // and absolutely sweet FA would actually change

I bet Corbyn's demand for a 2nd GE goes a bit quiet after last night. Equally, the Tories have to see what the results last night brought them and perhaps compromise on what they think to either remain electable or not.

Not based on what Emily Thornberry said last night as well as John McDonnell. This was further reinforced by comments from Keir Starmer and Diane Abbott, so all Shadow Cabinet members suggesting Labour has to support a 2nd Referendum.

Not based on what Emily Thornberry said last night as well as John McDonnell. This was further reinforced by comments from Keir Starmer and Diane Abbott, so all Shadow Cabinet members suggesting Labour has to support a 2nd Referendum.
I did say Corbyn!

Back
Top Bottom