Ex Player Matt Taylor

“Mick, you're a liar… you're a f*****g w****r. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a f*****g w****r and you can stick your World Cup up your a**e. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your B*****s."

Glorious.
Yeah that kind of thing

Matty's comments in the media today have got me wondering if he could see him return next season afterall. If an agreement could be reached to bring him back on 'modest' wages, I'd certainly be interested in having him in the squad as back up.

Delighted for Matty, like others I would have given him another year with us and given him a chance in this new look side, but I hope he's now got some security for him and his young family, and I'm sure he will annoy a lot of League Two defenders something chronic! Will cheer them on especially against the Scum!!

A good move for him. No need to up root the young family and he can still play at a competitive level.

Best of luck to him and a chance to put a few goals past Swindon too.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Great man. Will long be remembered by Yellows fans.
Good luck Matty.

good luck to Tayls

- still think he could've done a job here as 3rd choice/off-the-bench option for his home town club

I'd guess there were a number of factors.
Manning presumably wanting a younger striker and probably a bit taller.
Also I'd guess it's difficult for Manning to judge Taylor as he was out on loan the entire time Mannings been here, so it's effectively an unseen player for Manning.
I know Taylor rubbished the dressing room prank rumours, but perhaps that had an impact on releasing both Taylor and Stevens to make a fresh start.
Taylor presumably wanting more game time and/or a longer contract.

I'd guess there were a number of factors.
Manning presumably wanting a younger striker and probably a bit taller.
Also I'd guess it's difficult for Manning to judge Taylor as he was out on loan the entire time Mannings been here, so it's effectively an unseen player for Manning.
I know Taylor rubbished the dressing room prank rumours, but perhaps that had an impact on releasing both Taylor and Stevens to make a fresh start.
Taylor presumably wanting more game time and/or a longer contract.
Manning seems to be signing players upfront who can press.
I am not sure that is Matty Taylor's strength ( especially at this stage of his career)
I wouldn't have minded him.being on.the bench and impacting the game late on, but maybe Matt didn't want that.

Matty has a clause in his contract that sees him get a years extension and hefty pay rise if he plays more than 50% of games this season.

If he stays fit then he'll do well out of the deal, and probably better than he would have got if he'd stayed.

Assuming we continue to get players in of the same standard we've done this summer, this looks like a decent deal for all parties.

Back
Top Bottom