Ex Player Matt Taylor

That's 4 goals in 4 starts (+1 sub).

At this level. This season.

To think he was written off by plenty of clueless tw*ts on here over a year ago as 'past it'.
Just to hijack this by saying Agyei has 4 goals for Orient in just 11 appearances.

Robinson was a totally clueless w****r.

To think he was written off by plenty of clueless tw*ts on here over a year ago as 'past it'.

I haven't forgiven Taylor for last season yet. The amount of times we fired the ball up to him when he was 60 yards out with his back to goal and I still don't remember him sticking one away.

Matty taylor done a great for us but the decision to let him go was the correct one. For me he wasn't mobile enough and in some games was totally anonymous. However he was a fox in the box.

• React
Reactions: BDJ

Was he any good for us last season? Did he not look past it? Did he do much much for Port Vale? Did he do anything for Forest Green?
It’s only been 4 games, let’s see how he does over a longer period.

Was he any good for us last season? Did he not look past it? Did he do much much for Port Vale? Did he do anything for Forest Green?
It’s only been 4 games, let’s see how he does over a longer period.

Really?!!!

1. @Osei Yaw has kind of answered your first question already.
2. Same.
3. His record at Vale was genuinely decent (if we had signed a striker in January last year and he then went on to start 10 games and score 4 goals we'd have regarded them favourably).
4. FGR are a basket case heading for non-league, where even Troy Deeney (a player who hit double figures in the Premier Leauge just five years ago) couldn't score.

We shouldn't have got rid when we did.

Matty Taylor is a born goalscorer at L1 level and clearly capable of it even now.

I will die on this hill.

Really?!!!

2. Same.
3. His record at Vale was genuinely decent (if we had signed a striker in January last year and he then went on to start 10 games and score 4 goals we'd have regarded them favourably).
4. FGR are a basket case heading for non-league, where even Troy Deeney (a player who hit double figures in the Premier Leauge just five years ago) couldn't score.

Matty Taylor is a born goalscorer at L1 level and clearly capable of it even now.

I will die on this hill.
Imagine Harris, Goodwin and Taylor.

Or Harris, Goodwin and Agyei.

Three genuine strikers - we really, really need to get that sorted in the summer. We can’t keep making the same mistakes.

If G’oD progresses this season, he needs to go to League 2 next year.

Really?!!!

2. Same.

I will die on this hill.

I would have kept him last season, not like we signed anyone better. But at his age we were right to let him go. Look at the clubs who sign him, Vale, FGR and Cheltenham.

He is declining, nearly all players his age do.

He might carry this on or this might be his Indian summer, I wouldn’t go around calling people who watched him play for us and thought his legs were gone tears though, its a tough ask playing up front for us in your own but even allowing for that he didn’t exactly shine.

As for the Deeney thing, his legs have really gone.

Gutted for him but glad he wouldn't have the opportunity to come back and haunt us this weekend.
I'd love it if he came in the Blackbird for a pint and then stood in the East Stand with the home fans to watch the match.

Not so sure that many of us were clueless twats writing him off.
I wish him well, but would be very surprised if he were to recapture the form he had some years ago

Wasn't he just doing that?

For a couple of games, then he got a second injury of this season that will probably mean he won't play again till next, will see him finish with 5 goals in 23/24 so hardly proof we made a mistake letting him go?

For a couple of games, then he got a second injury of this season that will probably mean he won't play again till next, will see him finish with 5 goals in 23/24 so hardly proof we made a mistake letting him go?

'For a couple of games'.

8 goals in 17 (+5) League One appearances since he left us (a goal every 183 minutes - or 1 in 2 if you like). And for two relatively poor sides.

Not bad considering his 'legs had gone' 18 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom