General Manager Sack Watch

Brilliant at Luton twice.
Disaster at Stoke. And no better at Southampton, although they didn't exactly give him much time.
Seems like a roll of the dice, but with big potential upside

Not exactly an easy gig though.....coming into a club that's gone 14 without a win, and is now only three points above the drop (having played more games than anyone else down there). And no chance to bring in any of your own players, got to work with what you've got.

Not all that different from the situation that Manning faced with us last year.......
I was interested in having him here as he was so great at Luton. People thought he would be too expensive but maybe he’s lowered his expectations. No way of predicting if he’ll do a Luton at Charlton or be just another flop

It doesn't help that they lost 2 midfielders (Alfie Devine and Ollie Arblaster) who were key to how they played. I'm not sure they replaced them well but could be wrong.

Brilliant at Luton twice.
Disaster at Stoke. And no better at Southampton, although they didn't exactly give him much time.
Seems like a roll of the dice, but with big potential upside

Not exactly an easy gig though.....coming into a club that's gone 14 without a win, and is now only three points above the drop (having played more games than anyone else down there). And no chance to bring in any of your own players, got to work with what you've got.

Not all that different from the situation that Manning faced with us last year.......

After Charlton’s defeat on Saturday against Reading they are now just one place above the relegation zone on goal difference. The two teams below them, Vale and Cheltenham each have two games in hand.

They could be in a spot of bother after their next four games, namely, Lincoln, Bolton, Portsmouth and Derby.

After Charlton’s defeat on Saturday against Reading they are now just one place above the relegation zone on goal difference. The two teams below them, Vale and Cheltenham each have two games in hand.

They could be in a spot of bother after their next four games, namely, Lincoln, Bolton, Portsmouth and Derby.
I see Ladapo is doing well there as well, 0 goals in 5 games.

I can’t see Charlie sticking around long.

What year did you say they were going to be a threat to us @greatunclekip? 😂

A team like Charlton shouldn't be struggling in league one potentially going down to league two it just goes to show what having crap owners can do to a decent football team. When I was a youngster they were a decent mid table premier league team when we beat them on penalties in the Worthington cup ( think it was called lol ) that was classed as a giant killing.

It's a shame I feel sorry for their fans and @greatunclekip 😀

As @tonyw said in a previous post, the situation Charlton find themselves in is not too dissimilar to OUFC last season.

A squad with good players, who should be challenging for a playoff spot, but for some reason massively underperforming.

As @tonyw said in a previous post, the situation Charlton find themselves in is not too dissimilar to OUFC last season.

A squad with good players, who should be challenging for a playoff spot, but for some reason massively underperforming.
To a certain extent.
A difference is that Charlton appear to have gone for it big time in the January transfer window, and yet Oxford didn't last season.
These new players don't seem to have made any difference yet ( you would think that with Jones and these new players, things will turn round)

Andy Crosby sacked by Port Vale

From Wikipedia on Crosby:

"On 26 March 2013, he reunited with Adkins as he became his assistant at Reading.[50] Crosby said the pair had tried to continue the work done by popular former manager Brian McDermott, however Reading were relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2012–13 season."

I'd say he succeeded.

I wonder if we should look at someone like Crosby or Mark Bonner as an assistant manager?
Crosby will most likely go to join Adkins at Tranmere, he's been his assistant at 5 previous clubs.

From Wikipedia on Crosby:

"On 26 March 2013, he reunited with Adkins as he became his assistant at Reading.[50] Crosby said the pair had tried to continue the work done by popular former manager Brian McDermott, however Reading were relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2012–13 season."

I'd say he succeeded.

I wonder if we should look at someone like Crosby or Mark Bonner as an assistant manager?
Crosby will most likely go to join Adkins at Tranmere, he's been his assistant at 5 previous clubs.
I am not sure that Mark Bonner would agree to be assistant at L1 club.

To a certain extent.
A difference is that Charlton appear to have gone for it big time in the January transfer window, and yet Oxford didn't last season.
These new players don't seem to have made any difference yet ( you would think that with Jones and these new players, things will turn round)
They went for it in the transfer window then sacked their manager! They did the same in the summer and sacked the manager in September.

The blame will lie at Charlie’s door who is showing us all how good he is at running a football club.

I shudder when I think back to when Charlie wanted to be involved in the running of our club.

They went for it in the transfer window then sacked their manager! They did the same in the summer and sacked the manager in September.

The blame will lie at Charlie’s door who is showing us all how good he is at running a football club.

I shudder when I think back to when Charlie wanted to be involved in the running of our club.
No doubt when he fails.miserably with Charlton and he sees our triumphant rise to the Championship with the construction of a new stadium underway, he'll be back sniffing around our hind quarters (yet again).

Back
Top Bottom