League Cup Man City tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Manchester City played a second string of players in the Champions League and still won 4-1 after going one down.
Anyone think we may have a tough task on our hands next week? Perhaps the lesson is not to score first and get them riled up.

I think we are going for a 0-0. Then penalties, and then KR's cunning penalty shoot out tactic will come to the fore. No doubt Man City had their spies at Exeter last week to check on our penalty techniques and hence the reason we missed them all … we didn't want to divulge our penalty methods in front of Man City spies.

So Manchester City played a second string of players in the Champions League and still won 4-1 after going one down.
Anyone think we may have a tough task on our hands next week? Perhaps the lesson is not to score first and get them riled up.

It was kind of a second team - Otamendi, Rodri, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus all started at the weekend, and against Zagreb. And Foden, Mahrez & Garcia were all subs at the weekend and starters yesterday.

If Manchester City played a genuine second string, rather than the 1b team they played yesterday, then we'd have a better shot.

Unfortunately, unlike many of his peers, Guardiola never seems willing to do that in any game in any competition. So we're going to face an insanely good team next week.

It was kind of a second team - Otamendi, Rodri, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus all started at the weekend, and against Zagreb. And Foden, Mahrez & Garcia were all subs at the weekend and starters yesterday.

If Manchester City played a genuine second string, rather than the 1b team they played yesterday, then we'd have a better shot.

Unfortunately, unlike many of his peers, Guardiola never seems willing to do that in any game in any competition. So we're going to face an insanely good team next week.
and we'll beat them too ;)

and we'll beat them too ;)

Damn right!

No one would expect us to beat Man City's first, second, third, fourth or whatever team, so it really doesn't matter who they play.

I hope that they put out their strongest possible team, and we either beat them at their best, or go out with our heads held high knowing that plenty of other teams have fared no better!

Damn right!

No one would expect us to beat Man City's first, second, third, fourth or whatever team, so it really doesn't matter who they play.

I hope that they put out their strongest possible team, and we either beat them at their best, or go out with our heads held high knowing that plenty of other teams have fared no better!
this season really does feel very much like it did in the early- mid 80s .... I really do fancy a well deserved home win, under lights, in front of a full (breeze block) house UTM

this season really does feel very much like it did in the early- mid 80s .... I really do fancy a well deserved home win, under lights, in front of a full (breeze block) house UTM

My daughter is someone who is a proper stickler for the rules, but I've already explained that a 4 nil home win COULD result in a few thousand running on the pitch at the final whistle! Wanting to set a good example I have told her to meet me in the goal mouth whilst I swing off the crossbar in full Stuart Massey style!!!

I’m not sure which I’m more worried about
1. The team Man City put out
Or
2. What team we will manage to put out, with so many injuries, we will have a second string team........

Yeah. But... If Jamie Cook can score a winner against Man City, imagine what Taylor, Henry, Fosu can do... ?

Re park and ride busses, does any body know if parking is reserved if you have a paid for the ticket? Will be arriving around 5:45-6 after work and need to know if the Unipart car park will be full by then

Re park and ride busses, does any body know if parking is reserved if you have a paid for the ticket? Will be arriving around 5:45-6 after work and need to know if the Unipart car park will be full by then
To the best of my knowledge, parking at unipart is by ticket only & includes bus to & from stadium.

Off the Blue Moon Forum....

watched oxford lose 1 nil to mk Don's on the weekend. truly awful team, couldn't create any chances against one of the worst league one sides going atm.

no matter how many kids we put out we should be able to beat them

watched oxford lose 1 nil to mk Don's on the weekend. truly awful team, couldn't create any chances against one of the worst league one sides going atm.

Good, that's the kind of arrogance that could conceivably win us the game. Just need Pep to think the same way...

Well they're not wrong are they? Maybe "awful performance" instead of "awful team".
Yellow-tinted specs or not...

Underestimate the U's and be it on your own heads..... lulled em into a false(r) sense of security with the past few (scouted?) games perhaps?? ..... I really do think the U's, will get a (decent) result Wednesday night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom