League Cup Man City tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lost track of this a bit as I have a season ticket and therefore got my seat as it was reserved, no problem. As did my wife. Son as a member got in there quickly too and got a ticket near us.

I don’t really know what happened next. Was it those on the database coming next in the pecking order and them being allowed more than one ticket? 4? Was there any time when season ticket holders or members could have purchased more for friends / family?

I have lost track of this a bit as I have a season ticket and therefore got my seat as it was reserved, no problem. As did my wife. Son as a member got in there quickly too and got a ticket near us.

I don’t really know what happened next. Was it those on the database coming next in the pecking order and them being allowed more than one ticket? 4? Was there any time when season ticket holders or members could have purchased more for friends / family?

Season ticket holders allowed one ticket allowed , next came any one who had a membership one ticket allowed, both these scenarios were allowed to purchase their tickets before open sale, after this members could purchase up to 4 tickets if required along with joe public

Havnt been following have we sold out? At least its on telly for us amateur supporters! Somebody mentioned john shuker who could forget his amazing transformation from bog standard full back to brilliant striker that kept us up if you were there as I was!

If someone told me 10 years ago that our fans were complaining we'd sold out against the Premier League champions at home I'd be more than a little confused.

There were always going to be people who missed out. The club have advertised the membership, its benefits, and how it applies to big games for 2 years now. If I didnt have a ST I'd absolutely purchase a membership at the start of the year, it pays itself off and is almost worth the 15 quid in priority access alone.

I'm sorry to anyone that didnt get a ticket, but the system hasnt changed in 2 years, it's more money for the club and probably at the best time a League 1 club would have a chance to beat City this season. After beating West Ham 4-0, drubbing Lincoln 6-0 away and winning 4 league home games in a row 3-0, it's not just the fact this is Man City. Why didnt the tickets sell out this quickly last year? Man City were just as good, if not better.

People are starting to come back to the stadium because of how we're playing and how well we're doing this year, as far as I'm concerned thats f*cking fantastic.

Build it and they will come.

...on 18th December

If someone told me 10 years ago that our fans were complaining we'd sold out against the Premier League champions at home I'd be more than a little confused.

There were always going to be people who missed out. The club have advertised the membership, its benefits, and how it applies to big games for 2 years now. If I didnt have a ST I'd absolutely purchase a membership at the start of the year, it pays itself off and is almost worth the 15 quid in priority access alone.

I'm sorry to anyone that didnt get a ticket, but the system hasnt changed in 2 years, it's more money for the club and probably at the best time a League 1 club would have a chance to beat City this season. After beating West Ham 4-0, drubbing Lincoln 6-0 away and winning 4 league home games in a row 3-0, it's not just the fact this is Man City. Why didnt the tickets sell out this quickly last year? Man City were just as good, if not better.

People are starting to come back to the stadium because of how we're playing and how well we're doing this year, as far as I'm concerned thats f*cking fantastic.

Build it and they will come.

...on 18th December
Slightly misses the point, yes ST and members got their ticket (1), but unless you were on the online ticketing general sale at 5pm (some have said they were on sale before) which is not the best time of day through work and travelling etc, you had little chance of getting a ticket as it sold out in under an hour which was unprecedented in itself, but with ST holders, members and people on the data base then able to get 4 each the 3000+ tickets soon disappeared, leaving some fans frustrated at not being able to get tickets.

Slightly misses the point, yes ST and members got their ticket (1), but unless you were on the online ticketing general sale at 5pm (some have said they were on sale before) which is not the best time of day through work and travelling etc, you had little chance of getting a ticket as it sold out in under an hour which was unprecedented in itself, but with ST holders, members and people on the data base then able to get 4 each the 3000+ tickets soon disappeared, leaving some fans frustrated at not being able to get tickets.

Sorry i dont buy into the i was at work, travelling etc, most people have mobile phones nowadays, it dosent take more than 2 mins to go online to book a ticket, everyone knew there would be a huge demand for tickets, everyone knew that the tickets were on open sale at 5 or whatever time it was, and could have booked online.

One of my friends who has been coming to a few more games than usual this season was at work. He took 5 mins to go onto his phone and buy 2 tickets next to my seat, no problem. I don't buy into this idea people werent within 10 minutes of some form of internet access and even if not, demand would still be just as high.

The club couldn't have done any more, any fault with the online system is a Ticketmaster problem and those with a membership or ST had their chance to buy one.

it was not Ticketmaster that allowed sudden new membership to any Tom Dick or Harry with instant privileges to buy a Man City ticket when the fairest and sensible way would have ensured those privileges included a League game also thus increasing the clubs revenue.
also at the point of open sale 1 ticket person should have applied thus allowing everyone the same opportunity and find the time from 5pm to be sat with finger poised at the keyboard or via their phone.

it's very simplistic to say folk had 2 years to buy a membership whilst conveniently forgetting that so did those that suddenly did so once the draw had been made but they hadn't done so previously.

The positive is the club will see a virtual capacity crowd for the remaining League games of the season

it was not Ticketmaster that allowed sudden new membership to any Tom Dick or Harry with instant privileges to buy a Man City ticket when the fairest and sensible way would have ensured those privileges included a League game also thus increasing the clubs revenue.
also at the point of open sale 1 ticket person should have applied thus allowing everyone the same opportunity and find the time from 5pm to be sat with finger poised at the keyboard or via their phone.

it's very simplistic to say folk had 2 years to buy a membership whilst conveniently forgetting that so did those that suddenly did so once the draw had been made but they hadn't done so previously.

The positive is the club will see a virtual capacity crowd for the remaining League games of the season
Surely the new memberships were not the issue?
Even after all members had the opportunity to buy their tickets there were 1000's left.
It was the speed of the remaining tickets that went on the Monday evening that caused problems?
Even if you were not a member but were on the data base you could buy tickets once they went on open sale

Memberships aren't tickets, or have I misunderstood what you are saying?

Merely saying that the City sales should be an indication that surely most intend to keep going for the League games also and therefore near capacity for most remaining games.

Of course when we beat city the semi final home leg could see the same scenario unless a slight tweak is put in place

This is now bordering on insanity!!

1 ticket per person on open sale? So Dad wants to get a ticket for him and a child? Phone twice and hope the tickets are close by? Husband and wife going? Log on twice?

The system was explicitly simple. 11000 people managed to work it out. And it was done to thousands of Tom, Dick and Harry's, I would guess that no more than 500 extra memberships were sold. Best part of 4000 tickets were still available for open sale, which means that at least 1000 people managed to get on even if everyone bought 4 tickets.

Of course I have sympathy for those who had maybe hoped to get from the ticket office on the Tuesday, or those who would have hoped that they would have still be available into the Monday evening, but that is the gamble.

As for the constant dig about league attendance, give it a rest! The crowd figures have slowly increased without any really big games to date. The figures for Wycombe and Lincoln over Christmas will be around 10k. We will then have Sunderland, Ipswich, Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth, Bolton etc where we will be well over average.

So please stop the constant griping, because if you can't get behind the club at this time, (4th in the league, 1/4 finals of the cup, still alive in all 4 competitions, investment and success on and off the pitch), then there really is no hope!!

I can remember back in the pre internet days queueing for hours outside the Manor to get cup tickets

I can remember on other occasions going to watch the reserves and buying a cup ticket at the turnstiles

I can remember buying cup tickets at the turnstiles for a cup game when going to watch a home league game

of course two of the above (at least) now we're in the internet era are not viable

Question is could the club have done any better with the way how the tickets went on general sale?

Answer is probably not.

I bought my ticket whilst traveling on my phone, some people make such pathetic excuses, it's so tin pot!

I remember queuing outside the manor for a Blackburn ticket and the queue went for miles. Got 2 and had to return to the back to get more. Mind you there were 20,000 or so up for grabs

Don’t know why people who are missing out are moaning so much, the game is on tv, we will most likely lose and we play them every season now, just make sure you get up a bit earlier when the tickets go on sale for our league cup game against them next year.

I can’t make the game as I am away for work that week so I gave my season ticket to the most deserving fan I could find so they could get one, lad called Jeremy from Surrey, massive City fan who has never seen them live before but he has been supporting them since Pep took over, was a Man U fan before that but just couldn’t put up with the fall from grace after SIr Alex left, already has his half and half scarf ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom