EPL Man City charged

So the premier league managed to charge Everton in March this year and then give them a 10 point deduction (still haven’t told Everton how they came to 10 points) 8 months later, yet Man City who got charged in February for over 100 financial breaches won’t have a trial begin (BEGIN!!) until Autumn next year!

Add the latest story about the premier league brushing over players and managers still allowed to work while under investigation for sexual abuse/under age sex and it really does leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

The trouble for the prem is the scale of this, if they find Man City guilty they have to hammer them (relegation and massive fine) but if they do that they need an absolute watertight case else they are being sued to oblivion. Everton on the other hand will probably stay up and let it go with nothing more than having a chip on the shoulder about it, the prem got lucky with how bad the promoted teams are this year, ten points sounds harsh but its survivable.

Personally I look forward to the case, its going to be a shitshow.

The trouble for the prem is the scale of this, if they find Man City guilty they have to hammer them (relegation and massive fine) but if they do that they need an absolute watertight case else they are being sued to oblivion. Everton on the other hand will probably stay up and let it go with nothing more than having a chip on the shoulder about it, the prem got lucky with how bad the promoted teams are this year, ten points sounds harsh but its survivable.

Personally I look forward to the case, its going to be a shitshow.
Everton are also putting an appeal in by tomorrow and I think they will get it reduced to something like 6 points and will stay up.

As for City, if the trial starts next autumn then when is the outcome? A year later? That will be 2 and a half years on from when they were first charged!

Everton are also putting an appeal in by tomorrow and I think they will get it reduced to something like 6 points and will stay up.

As for City, if the trial starts next autumn then when is the outcome? A year later? That will be 2 and a half years on from when they were first charged!

I suppose they went heavy knowing they would reduce it later, not really much of a punishment in that case if it gets halved.

I actually can't see them finding Man City guilty, it basically opens up a huge can of worms over all these previous seasons etc that it could rumble on for years, I think thjey would rather just went away.

One of the interesting things about the Everton points deduction is it is worked out according to how many millions they exceeded the cap. So Everton tried about four different ways to explain why certain bits of expenditure shouldn't count.
eg preliminary work on the new stadium, finance costs on the stadium, a player they couldn't sell for the right price.

So the premier league managed to charge Everton in March this year and then give them a 10 point deduction (still haven’t told Everton how they came to 10 points) 8 months later, yet Man City who got charged in February for over 100 financial breaches won’t have a trial begin (BEGIN!!) until Autumn next year!

Add the latest story about the premier league brushing over players and managers still allowed to work while under investigation for sexual abuse/under age sex and it really does leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

Man City appear to have more lawyers working for them.

You're assuming it will even start and if it does, finish. Man City will tie it up in the courts if the PL actually find them guilty.

You're assuming it will even start and if it does, finish. Man City will tie it up in the courts if the PL actually find them guilty.

They gave Everton a ten point deduction for one charge, even if they halve that on appeal what will be the punishment for 122? No way are some of the richest people alive taking that sort of punishment lying down, this will go on for years with the clubs who have missed out on trophies and Europe also jumping in if Man City are found guilty. I reckon the Premier league are actually hoping that Man City find enough loopholes to get off, that solves the much bigger problems that come after for them.

Back
Top Bottom