Champions League Athletico Madrid V Man City

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
All kicking off in the final few minutes, Athletico Madrid are an awful awful team! Dirty out of control players!

But look at the manager!

Handbags. I couldn’t see anything Athletico did worse than City, Foden was embarrassing the way he rolled around on the floor. Savic was right to be angry with him, yes it got a bit out of hand but City play acting caused it all.

Handbags. I couldn’t see anything Athletico did worse than City, Foden was embarrassing the way he rolled around on the floor. Savic was right to be angry with him, yes it got a bit out of hand but City play acting caused it all.
Did a City player drag an Athletico player off the pitch then?

And target an Athletico player all game?

And pull an Athletico players hair?

Did a City player drag an Athletico player off the pitch then?

And target an Athletico player all game?

Foden was a disgrace with his rolling around, Savic had every right to grab him in a way as if to say ‘get up’. As for the targeting, why not ? Where do the rules say you can’t target what you perceive to be a vulnerable player ?

Foden was a disgrace with his rolling around, Savic had every right to grab him in a way as if to say ‘get up’. As for the targeting, why not ? Where do the rules say you can’t target what you perceive to be a vulnerable player ?

Savic had no right, that is up to the Ref. Savic also headbutted one Man City player and then pulled Jack Grealish's hair. Savic has then got involved in something in the tunnel after chasing after Grealish whilst his teammates weren't acting like a baby and applauded their supporters. Savic absolutely lost it and had a toddler's tantrum because his team were losing and then carried on as they had lost.

As for targeting, which you have no problem with. So it is ok to foul him constantly and go through the back of his head like Felipe did, yet you have a problem with Foden rolling around after Felipe had just booted him in the 90th minute.....

Also, Foden did no different to what Atleti players had been doing in both legs and have done for years under Simeone.

That, to me, was proper football. Loved every minute of it, especially the last ten. Who wants to watch players hugging each other before kick off, tippy tappy football with not a tackle in sight and then a scramble at the end to see who’s shirt you can get. Madrid took the dark arts to the edge but what drama. City contributed with their play acting and then you get a pulsating finale - what’s not to like ? It had everything, yet all people seem to talk about is Grealish losing his hair band or someone flicking his eye lash or whatever it was to do with his hair. Athletico are a great watch, always something going on. Had a soft spot for them ever since I was at the Nou Camp to see them beat Barcelona to win La Liga on the last day back in 2014.

Handbags.

No more no less.

Makes it more exciting which is why we go is it not?

What I can't get is one again the commentator said "These are scenes we don't want to see" (or something like that). What bollox, they are scenes we all LOVE to see :ROFLMAO:

Foreign teams can have no complaints about the dark arts (diving , feigning injury etc ) during games considering they introduced it to the game.

Athletics should be banned from all European competitor a minimum of 5 years after the disgraceful behaviour both on and off the pitch. Maybe also a few games behind closed doors on La Liga that will teach them.

Athletics should be banned from all European competitor a minimum of 5 years after the disgraceful behaviour both on and off the pitch. Maybe also a few games behind closed doors on La Liga that will teach them.
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom