EPL Man City charged

current PL clubs gross spend, club by club on transfer fees this current season...... see Citeh have appeared to have tightened their belt, nonetheless, FFP , what FFP? .....

323445430_1217400985847444_5616293078756135178_n.jpg

current PL clubs gross spend, club by club on transfer fees this current season...... see Citeh have appeared to have tightened their belt, nonetheless, FFP , what FFP? .....

View attachment 12036

Chelsea are getting around FFP/UEFA rules through giving the players 8 years+ contracts so the amortisation of the players contract is spread out longer. UEFA are looking to close this loophole by limiting it to 5 years for their purposes but it won't be retrospective. Also, expect Chelsea to sell a fair few in the summer such as Loftus-Cheek, Ziyech, Pulisic, Lukaku, Gallagher, Hudson-Odoi and some of loan youngsters.

Course, unlike the previous UEFA charges, Man City won't be able to run to the CAS to overturn anything that the Premier League hands down in this case. As a private UK corporation, the Premier League would have to agree to that sort of arbitration, and they're not obliged to do so.

Still hard to imagine the PL having the teeth to do anything significant to them.....unless Man City have pissed everyone off so much that they decide to stick the knife in.

As an aside, I see that Chelsea not only have by far the biggest transfer spend in 2022/23, they're also operating by far the biggest wage bill as well. And they're still 10 points out of the Champions League places, and three points behind Brentford, who spend more than an order of magnitude less than Chelsea do on their playing staff.
Maybe there is a club in the country doing worse than we are compared to their budget!

Back in 2006 Juve got relegated due to financial irregularities. The fact Man City have been charged with so many I’d expect the same sort of punishment plus getting stripped of their titles over that period.

I will be amazed if the premier league have the balls to do it though.

Back in 2006 Juve got relegated due to financial irregularities. The fact Man City have been charged with so many I’d expect the same sort of punishment plus getting stripped of their titles over that period.

Juventus’ 2006 relegation wasn’t due to financial irregularities, it was match fixing, something which is quite a lot worse

Glasgow Rangers as were, now Rangers got properly punished for financial irregularities of £135m (or more)- though some of their issues at the time about (10/11or so years ago) was with HMRC , and going into administration / liquidation wasn't it? - agree with @Steve Gilbert , I cant see PL rocking the old boys network much on this one

Juventus’ 2006 relegation wasn’t due to financial irregularities, it was match fixing, something which is quite a lot worse

What Man City are being charged is much more similar to what Juve have just been convicted of this season.
Although they were cooking the books around player valuations, and Man City are being accused of cooking the books around sponsorship revenue and manager contracts - they were both doing it in order to circumvent FFP, and enable them to spend more money in relation to what they were making.

Serie A docked Juve 15 points. You would have thought that a similar punishment ought to be on the cards for the PL, if the independent commission determines that they have cheated.

City have hired Lord Pannick KC as their legal bod................. cost?

Your defence for roughly £80,000.00.................... Per day.

:oops::oops:

Do his wages fall under the FFP regulations?

About the same as Haaland then! Where do you get that figure from? Does it include his entourage of legal lackeys?

About the same as Haaland then! Where do you get that figure from? Does it include his entourage of legal lackeys?

It includes pre-case prep, so yes the lackeys.

He`ll probably get paid by a Cayman Islands shell company after a mysterious donation from an anonymous benefactor nothing to to do with Man City. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nah, supposedly with all the bonuses included (that he's been hitting), Haaland has been earning £900,000 a week.

Lord Pannick is, by comparison, a veritable bargain for Man City.

So the premier league managed to charge Everton in March this year and then give them a 10 point deduction (still haven’t told Everton how they came to 10 points) 8 months later, yet Man City who got charged in February for over 100 financial breaches won’t have a trial begin (BEGIN!!) until Autumn next year!

Add the latest story about the premier league brushing over players and managers still allowed to work while under investigation for sexual abuse/under age sex and it really does leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom