Spanish Football Madrid Derby in Saudi Arabia

Had no idea this was even happening. Imagine the FA Cup being played there!

It would kill the game

I think it was the Premier League that gave the Spanish the idea for this in the first place with that stupid '39th game' idea.

The Spanish sold out way before this. This is as has been said, all about the money. They’re in debt, so will give the bird to their own fans for a payday.

They could take every round of it abroad. Imagine the excitement in Dubai when they realise the hotly awaited Sutton Utd vs Leeds U21's game is coming to town!
To be fair, they would struggle to have worse attendances than there currently are.

Had no idea this was even happening. Imagine the FA Cup being played there!

It would kill the game
Just my opinion, but I think the games already dead at that level. VAR, kick off times, sanitised, modern footballers.

Feels about as exciting and real as the WWE. I respect that some people still get something out of it/care but it's dead to me.

Just my opinion, but I think the games already dead at that level. VAR, kick off times, sanitised, modern footballers.

Feels about as exciting and real as the WWE. I respect that some people still get something out of it/care but it's dead to me.
League one football is genuinely more exciting. Relegation candidates last season to promotion hopefuls this season

League one football is genuinely more exciting. Relegation candidates last season to promotion hopefuls this season
I agree totally.

Football being a tourist soulless crapfest in the top level filters down though. I am supposed to want Oxford United to play in the Premier League. It would be a fun novelty for a season before you realise:
You barely ever get to play at 3pm on a Saturday
Every goal is forensically looked at by VAR so you can't enjoy goals (best part of football)
Ticket prices go through the roof
Players like Cam leave and are replaced by some journeymen from the French League
New 'fans' suddenly pop up everywhere claiming they were their at Droylsden away
Even if you survive there's a glass ceiling because unless you're owned by a psychopathic billionaire or a state you don't have the money to compete
Fans are even more restricted, atmospheres even more w@nk
Even more politics in the sport, every decision hyper-analysed, fans more detached from the players than ever

Happy new year!

Last edited:
I agree totally.

Football being a tourist soulless crapfest in the top level filters down though. I am supposed to want Oxford United to play in the Premier League. It would be a fun novelty for a season before you realise:
You barely ever get to play at 3pm on a Saturday
Every goal is phorensically looked at by VAR so you can't enjoy goals (best part of football)
Ticket prices go through the roof
Players like Cam leave and are replaced by some journeymen from the French League
New 'fans' suddenly pop up everywhere claiming they were their at Droylsden away
Even if you survive there's a glass ceiling because unless you're owned by a psychopathic billionaire or a state you don't have the money to compete
Fans are even more restricted, atmospheres even more w@nk
Even more politics in the sport, every decision hyper-analysed, fans more detached from the players than ever

Happy new year!
Hard agree

Back
Top Bottom