Ex Player Lewis Bate

Romeo beckham plays for inter miami reserves. Maybe he was watching.

So does Phil Neville's. Accusations of nepotism when Phil Neville brought them both on in a prestigious pre-season game this summer for their 1st involvement with the 1st team.

His best game for us since he joined, I said at the time it was lunacy to take him off, injury excepted, as he was still running like a Duracell bunny.

I think he’s been excellent for us. Too much expectations on loanees, particularly those from big academies. He’s adapted brilliantly to the league when initially he had struggled to get in to games. It’s even tougher to develop when the team around you is performing so poorly. I think he’ll be key for us in the 2nd half of the season.

inspite of the substandard ifollow coverage , he was my MOTM for us yesterday

I think he could really drive us forward this season. I met a Leeds fan who really rated him and was surprised he was loaned out to us.

I hate to put a downer on all this, but is there a recall clause in January? It’ll be just typical now he seems to be finding his feet with us that he’ll be recalled and sent off to a championship team in January.

I hate to put a downer on all this, but is there a recall clause in January? It’ll be just typical now he seems to be finding his feet with us that he’ll be recalled and sent off to a championship team in January.

I thought all season long loans have a January return clause now.

It’d be nice to show some ambition and make a decent offer for him

Why would they recall him now he has got into the team and is playing better? He hasn't been that good yet that a George Baldock situation will arise but he could well kick on and have a second half of the season that will benefit him and us (well as much benefit as you can get from pretty nailed on mid table obscurity). If he goes back or to a Championship team he would have to settle in and fight for a place in the team, might only get ten games at most in drips and drabs whereas here he looks likely to get twenty plus.

He's been decent, but it wouldn't be a very good idea for Leeds to recall him or send him elsewhere...give him the season to see what else he can do.

Why ambition?
I expect that Leeds are sending him on loan to develop him and want him back.
There is no way that any L1 club can compete with a PL club if they want to keep the player.
He's definitely in the development process and I'm sure they will be looking to loan him to the Championship next. Definitely a prospect that they want to retain and a club like us may actually stifle any long term potential he has. The amount of money we have available wouldn't even touch the sides in income terms for Leeds either.

I think it would be a pretty dumb idea for Leeds to move Lewis Bate up this season.
He's just found his feet here over the past month after struggling with the pace and physicality of League One before that.
He's now (barring injury) highly likely to get regular football with us over the next five months and learn a great deal.
Rip him away from us and send him to a bottom half Championship team (I'm not sure he's quite good enough yet to start for a Championship promotion challenger) and you'll be forcing him to start over with no guarantees.

Hopefully Lewis will be available today. Last few weeks have proven that he's been an important player on the pitch in terms of creativity and holding onto the ball. Without him and the likes of Joseph, we really lack any zip especially with the older players along with the ones that have found their level and will never get better.

Back
Top Bottom