Ex Player Lewis Bate

Looks a good signing. Can see him combining well with Cam in front of a holding midfielder.

If McGuane can keep up the standard of his defensive play from Saturday (or Gorrin can return to his former self) that should make a terrific midfield trio

I haven’t read a bad word about him. He may not be what people ‘think’ we need in midfield, but he has obvious star quality that could make the difference this season. Good luck to you, Lewis Bate.

Welcome Master Bate!

Hope no one rubs him up the wrong way that we’ll have to toss him off back to Leeds. He’ll come good I’m sure and ensure we haven’t spaffed our money up the wall.
There’s always one who has to lower the tone.

Disappointing.
Quite agree. And we don't want any of those "KR pulled him off at half time" jokes do we!? That would be beyond it.😲

Quite agree. And we don't want any of those "KR pulled him off at half time" jokes do we!? That would be beyond it.[emoji44]

2987b0fdd56721bcde77baa4c6d9d30e.gif

I mean it.

Shame.

I will not have Bate’s name bandied around this Forum willy nilly.

Bate as playmaker.
Brannagan box to box.
Macguane / Gorrin holding.

Sounds pretty decent to me. Hope the lad hits the ground running.
Bate, Branagan & Maguane will be able to rotate so giving a powerful strategy for midfield

Bate as playmaker.
Brannagan box to box.
Macguane / Gorrin holding.

Sounds pretty decent to me. Hope the lad hits the ground running.
Bate, Branagan & Maguane will be able to rotate so giving a powerful strategy for midf
Looks a good signing. Can see him combining well with Cam in front of a holding midfielder.

If McGuane can keep up the standard of his defensive play from Saturday (or Gorrin can return to his former self) that should make a terrific midfield trio
Bate, Branagan & Maguane will make a strong midfield if they are used in a rotation

Welcome to him and I hope he does well of course.

I am amazed at the amount of people on here who know who he is and how good he might be in L1 though!

Yeah, he looks good from his “promo“ clips but is also very young and basically just starting to learn his trade.

I hope he is given the time to settle and people don’t expect too much too soon.

Dont want to put a damper on things, have you read the small print.in the deal Leeds have the option to recall him in January which is a possibility if he comes good with us, you can bet they will then loan him out to a championship side. Now where have we heard that before. In the meantime i wish the lad well and hope he does well on his time with us

Dont want to put a damper on things, have you read the small print.in the deal Leeds have the option to recall him in January which is a possibility if he comes good with us, you can bet they will then loan him out to a championship side. Now where have we heard that before. In the meantime i wish the lad well and hope he does well on his time with us
They didn’t loan him to a Championship club this time, despite interest from several. He chose his destination. If he’s playing, happy and developing, I can’t see them changing that unless it’s to play for Leeds’ first team.

Leeds must think highly of our club, otherwise they would have sent him to a championship club, if, he goes in January, it'll be back to Leeds.

If he gets recalled and sent higher, it's because he's playing at such a high level.

I'd always rather take that chance than loan someone who is bang average all season.

Leeds must think highly of our club, otherwise they would have sent him to a championship club, if, he goes in January, it'll be back to Leeds.

But do EPL clubs make many loans to the Championship ?

Most have a decent first team and a loanee would sit on the bench.

Drop down to L1 or L2 and get game time.

Prem teams may prefer sending players to l1 this season due to game time. World cup shutting down the champ for a month or so.

Prem teams may prefer sending players to l1 this season due to game time. World cup shutting down the champ for a month or so.

Yep, but only in Nov & Dec, full Championship schedule from Jan window.

Lets just enjoy him whilst he is here, though wouldn't be surprised to see him start on the bench on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom