League One survival?

What a successful appointment that was.

On paper, excellent coach - at youth development level at least. Couldn't translate it into men's football it seems?

We were linked with a lad from the Liverpool youth setup (who had a brief sojourn in Brazil) during our manager search if memory serves...

Can't beat staff and players who know the league inside out IMO.

On paper, excellent coach - at youth development level at least. Couldn't translate it into men's football it seems?

We were linked with a lad from the Liverpool youth setup (who had a brief sojourn in Brazil) during our manager search if memory serves...

Can't beat staff and players who know the league inside out IMO.

Tbf, that was Karl Robinson's background as well so it is really down to the individual and the club's circumstances as well. KR's has certainly shown promise though.

Our managerial hunt was a farce, nothing to do with time. There was zero contingency planning in place and it could so very easily have cost us dearly.

We were lucky that KR was wanting out of Charlton, but lets not pretend it was a case of waiting for the right man.....

Our managerial hunt was a farce, nothing to do with time. There was zero contingency planning in place and it could so very easily have cost us dearly.

We were lucky that KR was wanting out of Charlton, but lets not pretend it was a case of waiting for the right man.....

Yes - but all's well that ends well. Clearly, Dave's idea that it was a moment of strategic genius to fumble around for months trying to get Kluivert and co is characteristically bonkers.

But he is right that we ended up with the right man and that's what mattered. Heaven's knows what KR will do next season, but this season in pretty short order he managed to shore up our defence, get players trying out on the pitch and managed to dig out (just) enough points to avert disaster. Good on him. And his cheery effervescent presence during some pretty dire times has seemed genuine, unlike the weird cultish babbling of Pep.

t would now take 6 or more results going against us for us to go down, so as far as I'm concerned, as of 450 (and it was pretty much that) on Saturday we were safe. But it really was the bounce of a ball. We were unfortunate against Fleetwood, but fortunate at Donny, who really should have won. But, hey, doesn't matter a damn now.... it's not even as if this team will be here next year. Let's hope that the summer sees a happier era dawn for OUFC.

It is hope, rather than belief, because somewhat bizarrely our new owner hasn't answered even the most basic questions posed of him by the supporters trust. But starting again from League 1, even my hope will spring afresh and eternal for the next couple of months that good times lie around the corner.

Yes - but all's well that ends well. Clearly, Dave's idea that it was a moment of strategic genius to fumble around for months trying to get Kluivert and co is characteristically bonkers.

But he is right that we ended up with the right man and that's what mattered. Heaven's knows what KR will do next season, but this season in pretty short order he managed to shore up our defence, get players trying out on the pitch and managed to dig out (just) enough points to avert disaster. Good on him. And his cheery effervescent presence during some pretty dire times has seemed genuine, unlike the weird cultish babbling of Pep.

t would now take 6 or more results going against us for us to go down, so as far as I'm concerned, as of 450 (and it was pretty much that) on Saturday we were safe. But it really was the bounce of a ball. We were unfortunate against Fleetwood, but fortunate at Donny, who really should have won. But, hey, doesn't matter a damn now.... it's not even as if this team will be here next year. Let's hope that the summer sees a happier era dawn for OUFC.

It is hope, rather than belief, because somewhat bizarrely our new owner hasn't answered even the most basic questions posed of him by the supporters trust. But starting again from League 1, even my hope will spring afresh and eternal for the next couple of months that good times lie around the corner.

Yet again you need to mention individual posters when there is need to?

I think it is all pretty clear now the delay in getting a manager in was due to the take over. It’s a good job it did delay things otherwise we would of had Bellamy as head coach rather than KR.

It was Tiger that picked out KR as well and he knew he wanted KR pretty early on but it took longer than he wanted due to the need to engineer Robinson out of Charlton.

Or you could always still put another bet on. U can get 80-1 against us now [emoji6]. Do like making s**t up don’t u charlie. I was fully against kluivert, and never even said 8 weeks was a good thing, just that rushing into something isn’t always the best option, as mk found out. You still ain’t answered btw, how was the old directors lounge last sat? Anyone there to great u and opposition directors ?

It was Tiger that picked out KR as well and he knew he wanted KR pretty early on but it took longer than he wanted due to the need to engineer Robinson out of Charlton.
And before anyone asks “how do you know?” - Tiger said exactly that in a RadOx interview after the appointment. So either he was lying, or…

Not to worry I have now secured our survival.
£10 at 40/1 for us to go down. Win win. If we go down free season ticket. If we stay up £10 down and It’ll take until September for me to calm down.
But I never win a bloody thing so we’re safe.

I dont see AFC getting another point and Rochdale to beat Plymouth tonight will send AFC down imo

I dont see AFC getting another point and Rochdale to beat Plymouth tonight will send AFC down imo

Wimbledon still have to play Bury* so they have a very good chance of at least a point.

*I'm aware we couldn't beat them for Toffee.

Everyone drawing at the minute. They’ve all closed the gap on us if that’s how it remains;-)

Back
Top Bottom