League One survival?

Whilst reading this speculative thread (and idly wondering if I should purchase an ice cream) I noticed this vehicle pull up at the lights....serves as a reminder that maybe our strike force isn't all that bad after all.
Sorry, back to the speculation: we will stay up...why? Because the sun is shining, because I have a cornetto and because I said so ??View attachment 437
And because we don’t have Nick Cusack.. ?

Blackburn 0-1 Peterborough at ht

At this rate Blackburn’s season could be over when we play them? Could be a good thing, but then again a bit of pressure on them might be a better thing?

Blackburn 0-1 Peterborough at ht

At this rate Blackburn’s season could be over when we play them? Could be a good thing, but then again a bit of pressure on them might be a better thing?
Not no more 2-1
To Blackburn

We are going to beat Doncaster, then `Dale....... then the players will be "on the beach" and Blackburn will cane us while I`m in mid air somewhere over North Africa! :)(y):cool:

Charlie will then be like a spoilt child who never got the sweetie they wanted all Summer long. :cool:

Last edited:
That's a new (and way more entertaining) thread right there: s**t players with brilliant chants #1Nick Cusack - Der Der der der etc.....

Nick Cusack was an excellent lower league defensive midfielder at Swansea yet utterly crap in whatever position he played for us. Tbf, at his worst he was still better than most of the rubbish that played for us in the Conference such as Rufus Brevett, Alex Jeannin, Artur Gnohere or Ricky Sappleton (***shudders at the memories***).

We are going to beat Doncaster, then Oldham....... then the players will be "on the beach" and Blackburn will cane us while I`m in mid air somewhere over North Africa! :)(y):cool:

Charlie will then be like a spoilt child who never got the sweetie they wanted all Summer long. :cool:

What a pathetic, childish post. Saying that fellow supporters want their own club to get relegated is pretty much as low as it can get.

Just accept that I have been warning of the possibility of our current predicament for a good, long while and that is very different from saying that I want it to happen. Delusional fools aren't "better supporters" - realism is the baseline for achievement.

Moonshiners like you bought into the Eales and Pep hot air for far too long, and the whole crappy bullshitty atmosphere around the club is what prevented everyone from rolling their sleeves up and battling. As late as a few weeks ago, players and posters on here were talking about making the play-offs. That is how ludicrously detached from reality OUFC had become.

Thankfully, Robinson is not delusional, has recognised the very real possibility of relegation, is setting the team up to battle and compete and he has my total, vocal support. If the worst comes to the worst and he fails to keep us up then it is not his fault, I shall not blame him and I shall support him for the summer and next season. Hopefully, under his leadership - given that Tiger is clearly going to be absentee, leadership is going to be the province of the manager - the club can regain some humility, realism, spirit and genuine passion (as opposed to a confected personality cult posing as proper support). When Michael Appleton left the club, he took the leadership, integrity, work ethic and humility with him. The result has been near disaster. For people like you to be smug about the prospect of narrowly avoiding what would be a financially ruinous relegation is akin to Pep "shushing" the crowd when we went 1-0 against Bury.

Just out of interest Charlie. What experience do you have of running a professional football team? Let alone a professional football team whose income is limited to gates receipts and merchandising.

I don't remember you being critical of the appointment of Pep when he was announced. The general consensus was that he was a good signing.

You then slag of the new owner because he's absent whilst praising the manager he decided to bring in which suggests that he judgement was not too bad.

You then are quite rightly brought up on the fact that you say we deserve to go down on non footballing matters and then as usual start throwing your toys out of the pram and telling everyone else that they are the fools.

There is a saying among poker players that if you can't spot the weakest player then you are the weakest player and from the vast majority of your recent posts I can only guess you can't work out who is the weakest link in all your rants. I guess all that work of turning Water Eaton into a realityfor your subbuteo football team must take it out of you.

What a pathetic, childish post. Saying that fellow supporters want their own club to get relegated is pretty much as low as it can get.

Just accept that I have been warning of the possibility of our current predicament for a good, long while and that is very different from saying that I want it to happen. Delusional fools aren't "better supporters" - realism is the baseline for achievement.

Moonshiners like you bought into the Eales and Pep hot air for far too long, and the whole crappy bullshitty atmosphere around the club is what prevented everyone from rolling their sleeves up and battling. As late as a few weeks ago, players and posters on here were talking about making the play-offs. That is how ludicrously detached from reality OUFC had become.

Thankfully, Robinson is not delusional, has recognised the very real possibility of relegation, is setting the team up to battle and compete and he has my total, vocal support. If the worst comes to the worst and he fails to keep us up then it is not his fault, I shall not blame him and I shall support him for the summer and next season. Hopefully, under his leadership - given that Tiger is clearly going to be absentee, leadership is going to be the province of the manager - the club can regain some humility, realism, spirit and genuine passion (as opposed to a confected personality cult posing as proper support). When Michael Appleton left the club, he took the leadership, integrity, work ethic and humility with him. The result has been near disaster. For people like you to be smug about the prospect of narrowly avoiding what would be a financially ruinous relegation is akin to Pep "shushing" the crowd when we went 1-0 against Bury.

Bite!!!

Youve got a way with words Lundin, I will give you that. However, if you think everyone on this Forum is as thick as pigshit,...then think again. Your statement about "warning of our current predicament". Are you some sort of soothsayer. Wind your neck in. I. for one am sick of the constant diatribe spouted every time you post. Is your soul aim to be confrontational............if so, you are succeeding.
, for o

It’s irrelevent who predicted the future first.

The fact is we are in the situation we are in, be that down to Pep, to Eales, to the long manager appointment, to the sale of the club, the list this season is endless.

All that matters now is that everyone pulls us in the right direction trying to put a positive finish to this sorry season.

Saying ‘I told you so’ and creating this friction, to my mind, detracts from the true aim of uniting the fan base and supporting the club.

The above isn’t some prediction, no doubt I’m now a ‘moonshiner’ but irrespective of what’s gone before, I will be backing the team to get the required points so we can (hopefully) look to build for next season.

Just out of interest Charlie. What experience do you have of running a professional football team? Let alone a professional football team whose income is limited to gates receipts and merchandising.

I don't remember you being critical of the appointment of Pep when he was announced. The general consensus was that he was a good signing.

You then slag of the new owner because he's absent whilst praising the manager he decided to bring in which suggests that he judgement was not too bad.

You then are quite rightly brought up on the fact that you say we deserve to go down on non footballing matters and then as usual start throwing your toys out of the pram and telling everyone else that they are the fools.

There is a saying among poker players that if you can't spot the weakest player then you are the weakest player and from the vast majority of your recent posts I can only guess you can't work out who is the weakest link in all your rants. I guess all that work of turning Water Eaton into a realityfor your subbuteo football team must take it out of you.
Can't recall anyone being critical of Pep's appointment. After all you would expect every fan to be behind a new manager and give him a fair chance. However, it was apparent to some from early on that this season was going to be problematic. Not sure it's fair to criticise those who pointed it out on here, especially when events have proved them spot on. The most frustrating aspect is that this wound has been self afflicted and to point this out is not being disloyal to the club.

Predictions for today! MK Dons and Northampton both lose meaning that they we are safe from bottom 3. Rochdale and Wallsall both lose and Wimbledon beat Oldham to go safe. We grab a draw to give a 5 point lead over Rochdale and ensure that we going into next weekend knowing a win keeps us up. Then a little party and Blackburn ready for the glory that awaits next season!!!

You're welcome!

i'll predict mk dons, Walsall and northampton all draw Wimbledon just edge oldham and Rochdale beat Bradford

Back
Top Bottom