League One survival?

Oldham to lose is the key result tonight, as they'd have to win both their remaining games to overtake us, if we don't get another point. Walsall also have to win two of their last three games, and two of those are away. Not so worried about Rochdale, in fact a win for them tonight might make them play for a draw on Saturday. A point would guarantee our survival too.

Couldn’t ask for much better results last night really. In two minds about Rochdale if they’d have won, a point for both teams on Saturday would’ve made us both safe. If they’d have lost they’d still need to beat us and Charlton to catch us.
What a result that was for us against Doncaster! Massive 3 points they’re no mugs as Blackburn found out last night.
I think Oldham are in the ejection seat now. They have a tough game away to Doncaster and I can’t see them getting more than a draw on current form.

Ironically, there’s no situation now where our better goal difference will matter.

Ironically, there’s no situation now where our better goal difference will matter.

I hate to be pedantic but.
Walsall have 48 points and 3 to play so one win and two draws = 53 points.
AFC have 50 points so one win = 53 points.
Gillingham have 52 points so one draw = 53 points

Oldham will have a job on their hands now. They are surely favourites to be the fourth club down.
Hopefully pressure off on Saturday and our players can express themselves with a vital and convincing win

I hate to be pedantic but.
Walsall have 48 points and 3 to play so one win and two draws = 53 points.
AFC have 50 points so one win = 53 points.
Gillingham have 52 points so one draw = 53 points
Sorry, yes, you’re right. ?

Got a feeling it’s going to go to the last game, but I hope I’m wrong.

Whichever way you look at it, the job isn't quite done, KR you would think will treat the game on Saturday like every other since joining the club. Without complacency. I expect to see another hard fought and battling performance.

Since only 1 point will guarantee we stay up I'd be a bit surprised if KR doesn't put on a bit of a show to honour Pep's contribution to the club - play walking football, no forward passing, bring Tiendelli back for a 'last hurrah', Pekalski captain, Xemi alongside him and the season's strangest discovery, Gino, as a loan striker.

Or perhaps he'll play Nelson & Dickie with Mousinho in front, and lots of our CM gnomes. Be nice to send Mowatt off into the outer darkness with a win.......

Couldn’t ask for much better results last night really. In two minds about Rochdale if they’d have won, a point for both teams on Saturday would’ve made us both safe. If they’d have lost they’d still need to beat us and Charlton to catch us.
What a result that was for us against Doncaster! Massive 3 points they’re no mugs as Blackburn found out last night.
I think Oldham are in the ejection seat now. They have a tough game away to Doncaster and I can’t see them getting more than a draw on current form.

I reckon Walsall could slip into the bottom 4. Oldham seem permanent residents of L1 and they have been at least picking up draws unlike Walsall (record in last 10: 2-1-7).

Of course both could go down with Northampton staying up as they still have both to play.

Back
Top Bottom