League One survival?

Play around with side for Wigan - I can’t believe he would even think to do that. Play a strong team !
Agree, goal difference could prove decisive. Hes no fool though, he might try a few things to rest players but we’ll still be competitive

Four. 3 for a straight Red. But an extra game as it’s his second of the season I think
What about totting up for Lego? He's on 11 yellows but there's a cut-off date on the second Sunday of April, which was last week. How does that affect him, can he now receive another four yellows before being banned?

Four. 3 for a straight Red. But an extra game as it’s his second of the season I think
What about totting up for Lego? He's on 11 yellows but there's a cut-off date on the second Sunday of April, which was last week. How does that affect him, can he now receive another four yellows before being banned?

Don’t quote me on it but yes I think that’s right on yellows with the cut off date. Dave Pritchard also said he thinks its currently a 4 but could change if they appeal as it could obviously be wiped

Don’t quote me on it but yes I think that’s right on yellows with the cut off date. Dave Pritchard also said he thinks its currently a 4 but could change if they appeal as it could obviously be wiped
You mean his ban could be wiped off completely?

Did you see Ian Henderson’s foul on Peterborough winger Gwion Edwards ?

I think Henderson thought it would be a yellow card for ‘ the team ‘ and was shocked to see red.

It was a dangerous, cynical, ‘ professional ‘ foul.

I think it would be a frivolous attempt by Dale to appeal the decision and as Henderson
was sent off for Dale last September he would serve a four match ban - missing the Oxford
game on the 28th.

A absolute massive loss for Rochdale as he’s bagged 20 goals this season.

The red cards for Oldham and Rochdale yesterday could be very important in the context of, they still have the most games to play (they have to play an extra Tuesday game each I think). Might fatigue, not helped by the reduced squad available because of the reds, play a part?
(Incidentally, Oldham must be absolutely livid with their player who got a red. Off the ball incident in the 90th minute in the penalty box to drop two points - what was he thinking?! You can't even see it on the Sky Sports highlights the incident is so far out of frame!)

The red cards for Oldham and Rochdale yesterday could be very important in the context of, they still have the most games to play (they have to play an extra Tuesday game each I think). Might fatigue, not helped by the reduced squad available because of the reds, play a part?
(Incidentally, Oldham must be absolutely livid with their player who got a red. Off the ball incident in the 90th minute in the penalty box to drop two points - what was he thinking?! You can't even see it on the Sky Sports highlights the incident is so far out of frame!)
Was it the same player that did the high dangerous challenge on Kane?

Yup - moimbe left back
You couldn’t make it up...

There’s so many possible twists and turns until the last games are finished that it could drive you potty trying to predict what’s going to happen. We’ve just got to keep calm and let it all play out. One things for sure, Rochdale v Oldham on Tuesday is going to be an absolute humdinger. It’s a game I’d like to see, it’s a shame the tv companies can’t be more flexible with the games that are shown

Did you see Ian Henderson’s foul on Peterborough winger Gwion Edwards ?

I think Henderson thought it would be a yellow card for ‘ the team ‘ and was shocked to see red.

It was a dangerous, cynical, ‘ professional ‘ foul.

I think it would be a frivolous attempt by Dale to appeal the decision and as Henderson
was sent off for Dale last September he would serve a four match ban - missing the Oxford
game on the 28th.

A absolute massive loss for Rochdale as he’s bagged 20 goals this season.
Am I right in thinking that a failed appeal means the ban is lengthened by an extra game as well?

Disagree on this, does Stevens (and the other youth keepers) no favours to get splinters instead of going out on loan and getting match practice. If Shearer is happy here he can stay on as back-up.
It’s actually a lot more than bench warming. Being around a higher level 1st team, learning from Eastwood, playing in League trophy games and pushing for 1st team starts. It’s time he stepped up or he’ll become another Crocombe.

It’s actually a lot more than bench warming. Being around a higher level 1st team, learning from Eastwood, playing in League trophy games and pushing for 1st team starts. It’s time he stepped up or he’ll become another Crocombe.

Whilst I’d love to see Jack Stevens become an established player for us, let’s not jump the gun with him.

How many of us have actually seen him play? I have once for Oxford City and he showed great shot stopping ability but was culpable for the opposition’s equaliser. My dad follows City a lot and said that he’s no doubt a good ‘keeper but hadn’t shown a huge level of improvement in his time there.

I’d just be careful about managing our expectations with him at this stage.

Whilst I’d love to see Jack Stevens become an established player for us, let’s not jump the gun with him.

How many of us have actually seen him play? I have once for Oxford City and he showed great shot stopping ability but was culpable for the opposition’s equaliser. My dad follows City a lot and said that he’s no doubt a good ‘keeper but hadn’t shown a huge level of improvement in his time there.

I’d just be careful about managing our expectations with him at this stage.

I don’t think it would be jumping the gun. Jack has been on loan twice (Tamworth and Oxford City) the next stage of his development is now with the first team. Eastwood could be a good role model for him and let’s give him all the trophy and league cup games.

I agree Bury and Northampton are gone. On the face of it you can add MK Dons to those two because they still have to play Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury, which they’re unlikely to get anything from. So even if they get two wins from their other two games, Southend and Bradford they’ll still only be on 48 points.
However beyond those three is where I’m not so confident. That last relegation spot is so hard to call.

Rochdale 45 points, are in great form. The only loss in the last 5 was to Wigan. They have to play:
Oldham and Bradford at home and I think they’ll win both of those (51 points). Their other two home games are against Plymouth and Charlton, which again I can see them picking up points too. So I would not be surprised if they finish on 52 - 54 points. Not including our fixture.

Oldham have 46 points, they have two tricky away games against the aforementioned Rochdale and AFC Wimbledon. I don’t think they’ll win either of them but maybe a point from AFC (47 points). However their last 3 games are very winnable: Southend, Doncaster and Northampton. I think they’ll pick up at least 4 points from the last 3 games so at least 51 points.

Walsall have a tricky away game at Scunthorpe however after that they have 2 very winnable games against Northampton and Bradford. They have 48 points so if they win those two they’ll be on 54 and god forbid they get anything from a safe Fleetwood on the final day of the season 54 - 55 points.

AFC Wimbledon on 49 points have Oldham at home and this game is massive for us. Tough one to call but I can see Oldham getting yet another draw (50 points). Then they play Wigan away. But their last 2 matches are against Bradford and Bury and I can see them winning both!
I think they’ll finish on 53-56 points.

Will Gillingham be dragged into it? On 52 points and tough home games against Rotherham and Plymouth. Blackpool at home and Bristol Rovers away ain’t easy games.
I think they’ll finish on 53 points.

I think we need another win and hope that Oldham or Rochdale struggle. Not safe by any means.

That about sums it up. I predicted back at Christmas that on then available data it would be a very high safety target (I was shot down by Dave and the Moonshiners, needless to say, who were wibbling on about 46 points or something like that). It's looking like 52 with good GD or 53 if our GD suffers a bit (and depending on whom we are tied with).

That's the bad news. The good news is that it is almost certainly just one win required from four games, and that is eminently achievable on our current, improved form since Dickie and Brannegan integrated into the team, giving us some much-needed youth and honesty in amongst the hapless crew that Pep put together. We've just had home games against two teams who had already set off on their summer holidays, but now it gets a little harder (maybe excepting Doncaster) as our oppo will be scrapping as hard as us. But, none the less, I would be as optimistic as I have been for some time because there are some shoots of recovery in our general play and in our defence. I predict that we will finish with 54 points and escape by a point or two in about 19th place, having gone out of both Cup competitions at the first hurdle to bad League 2 outfits. A horrible, horrible season borne out of greed, crassly bad judgement, medium-term strategic mistakes, the whole lot. Frankly, we deserve to go down given the sheer arrogance and hubris (of the previous chairman and manager)..... But....... but...... if we CAN keep our head above water, and give Tiger and KR some sort of a platform to build from, then we can all move on and look forward come mid May....

you must have once been a very rich man with all this foresight months in advance but then again must have done your pot + more what with all these sides below us failing to show sudden promotion form.
At least you were wise enough to cash out on that 25/1 coup !!

I agree Bury and Northampton are gone. On the face of it you can add MK Dons to those two because they still have to play Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury, which they’re unlikely to get anything from. So even if they get two wins from their other two games, Southend and Bradford they’ll still only be on 48 points.
However beyond those three is where I’m not so confident. That last relegation spot is so hard to call.

Rochdale 45 points, are in great form. The only loss in the last 5 was to Wigan. They have to play:
Oldham and Bradford at home and I think they’ll win both of those (51 points). Their other two home games are against Plymouth and Charlton, which again I can see them picking up points too. So I would not be surprised if they finish on 52 - 54 points. Not including our fixture.

Oldham have 46 points, they have two tricky away games against the aforementioned Rochdale and AFC Wimbledon. I don’t think they’ll win either of them but maybe a point from AFC (47 points). However their last 3 games are very winnable: Southend, Doncaster and Northampton. I think they’ll pick up at least 4 points from the last 3 games so at least 51 points.

Walsall have a tricky away game at Scunthorpe however after that they have 2 very winnable games against Northampton and Bradford. They have 48 points so if they win those two they’ll be on 54 and god forbid they get anything from a safe Fleetwood on the final day of the season 54 - 55 points.

AFC Wimbledon on 49 points have Oldham at home and this game is massive for us. Tough one to call but I can see Oldham getting yet another draw (50 points). Then they play Wigan away. But their last 2 matches are against Bradford and Bury and I can see them winning both!

Will Gillingham be dragged into it? On 52 points and tough home games against Rotherham and Plymouth. Blackpool at home and Bristol Rovers away ain’t easy games.

I think we need another win and hope that Oldham or Rochdale struggle. Not safe by any means.

That about sums it up. I predicted back at Christmas that on then available data it would be a very high safety target (I was shot down by Dave and the Moonshiners, needless to say, who were wibbling on about 46 points or something like that). It's looking like 52 with good GD or 53 if our GD suffers a bit (and depending on whom we are tied with).

That's the bad news. The good news is that it is almost certainly just one win required from four games, and that is eminently achievable on our current, improved form since Dickie and Brannegan integrated into the team, giving us some much-needed youth and honesty in amongst the hapless crew that Pep put together. We've just had home games against two teams who had already set off on their summer holidays, but now it gets a little harder (maybe excepting Doncaster) as our oppo will be scrapping as hard as us. But, none the less, I would be as optimistic as I have been for some time because there are some shoots of recovery in our general play and in our defence. I predict that we will finish with 54 points and escape by a point or two in about 19th place, having gone out of both Cup competitions at the first hurdle to bad League 2 outfits. A horrible, horrible season borne out of greed, crassly bad judgement, medium-term strategic mistakes, the whole lot. Frankly, we deserve to go down given the sheer arrogance and hubris (of the previous chairman and manager)..... But....... but...... if we CAN keep our head above water, and give Tiger and KR some sort of a platform to build from, then we can all move on and look forward come mid May....

Ur really quiet funny, mr itk football guru who just changes his in the know prediction based on the most likely outcome at the time. Not that long ago u were telling everyone we wouldn’t stay up as we never pick up any points against the top ten. We did so u change to, I can’t see where we will pick up any points with this group of players- we did. And how better Charlton had done since getting rid of kr. Now u have changed to what some of us have been saying since xmas - we will be good enough to stay up. Really don’t like being wrong do u.

All move on and look forward. Until u find something else to have a go at tiger or kr over.

We deserve no such thing..only if changes hadn't been made.

What was the data you used to make that prediction?

Back
Top Bottom